Training camp chat

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
That can't be correct!

The roster shows Irwin and Weber. I thought that one of them was traded for a bag of pucks?

Do people in Nashville really believe that those two are better than Bitetto? Was he that bad in the NHL?

Wild fans hated Bitetto for them last year. They said he was awful.

I always thought we never played him enough to get comfortable, TBH.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
That can't be correct!

The roster shows Irwin and Weber. I thought that one of them was traded for a bag of pucks?

Do people in Nashville really believe that those two are better than Bitetto? Was he that bad in the NHL?
Weber isn't that bad, dude just stays injured too much. Irwin is on a whole different level of suck and always felt 2Bit got kind of a raw deal in that about the time he was about to move up and get some time he got injured and they never really gave him enough time to really settle in. Always felt like most of his problem was that he tried too hard when he did get to play to try and make an impression and it caused him to make some bone headed plays.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I think they are gonna give Carr 15-20 games and if hes doing nothing they will waive him and bring up whichever of Pitlick or Tolvanen is playing better
If Carr is on the third line and fails I think you have to bring up Pitlick. But, that also depends on how Turris at wing works out.

That can't be correct!

They shouldn't and No.
Wild fans hated Bitetto for them last year. They said he was awful.

I always thought we never played him enough to get comfortable, TBH.
Agreed.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Yeah the timing was so bad for Bitetto. He was poised to become a 3rd pair guy, but got injured in game one of the season I believe and didn't come back until after the new year. In the meantime, Irwin of all people had a little stretch of decent play (when partnered with Josi) and that seemed to be enough for Lavy to fall in love with Irwin and Bitetto never got a decent look again.

Who knows, maybe 2bit would have played himself out of the job anyway but that really doesn't explain how Irwin is still here. I'm confident that there are two dozen other defenders that could be signed to league minimum who would be an enormous upgrade on Irwin.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad