Training camp chat

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
I suspect they clear. Freddie G never could follow up his surprise playoff heroics with consistent regular season play.
So long for awhile, Freddy G. You always gave everything you had. Find your game and work your way back.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Well Laviolette said”we’re banged up a bit....nothing too major” as one indication of why they did the big callup. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of who is “banged up a bit”. It was said that Forsberg was being held out of the 1st Carolina game after taking a maintenance day last Sunday. Also haven’t noticed Webber lately. Anyone have any ideas?

Jeez- hearing that "we're banged up a bit" before the freaking season even starts is all kinds of depressing to hear.....

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wish the Preds would just go to three scoring lines like the rest of the league has been trending towards. Especially with our newly improved prospect pool coming along.

Even if we let everyone questionable walk (Turris, Granlund, Smith), there's still only two top-6 sposlys open with Johansen, Duchene, Forsberg, Arvidsson. So if no one else develops other than Tolvanen, Tomasino and Afanasyev, you're asking a skilled player to skate in a more defensive role.
Bonino got 17 goals last year. Sissons got 15. Smith got 21. I think however the lines finally shake out, we are going to have some pretty good scoring on our 3rd (and even 4th) line. Relative to the rest of the league. It might not be a case of having a "flashier" style of offensive guy or a young guy with potential on those lines, but they may nevertheless produce as well as or better than these other third scoring lines around the league.
:dunno:

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
I'd work a deal with him to sign him in December or something like that. Let injuries and ability to actually play at the NHL level work themselves out and save him some wear and tear.
After the Mike Fisher debacle, I’m not inclined to have someone sit out a half season and then let them work their way back up to speed. It’s a fast young man’s game now.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
After the Mike Fisher debacle, I’m not inclined to have someone sit out a half season and then let them work their way back up to speed. It’s a fast young man’s game now.

Fisher didnt come back until after the TDL and pretty clearly should have stayed retired. That's entirely different from a guy who could clearly still cut it joining the team in December, which is what was suggested

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Are we at 23? Or is there another waiver coming today? Edit.. I see above we are at 24 but possible IR for someone...

Freddie G and Tinordi cleared... apparently there have been zero waiver claims this preseason

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I'm honestly hoping we have a trade partner for Turris and sign Boyle. I'm not sure that isn't better for the team, even if we take a loss on Turris. He hasn't looked any better this preseason than last year... which is concerning.

Minnesota or Montreal seem like the obvious trade partners, but I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I'm honestly hoping we have a trade partner for Turris and sign Boyle. I'm not sure that isn't better for the team, even if we take a loss on Turris. He hasn't looked any better this preseason than last year... which is concerning.

Minnesota or Montreal seem like the obvious trade partners, but I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

As much as I agree that we should have moved Turris this offseason (and who knows maybe we shpped him) I think that ship has sailed at least for this season. There's only four teams that even have the cap space to take his contract on at this point (Devils, Ducks, Senators and Jackets).

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Interesting. I think the real pick up in that deal was Davies.

just a Devils fan strolling through, but I agree

Santini really didn't show much in the NHL with the Devils, he just got caved in almost every game. Davies still has to prove himself obviously but I think he'll be better than Santini. how has Davies looked so far/did he make the team, I didn't see anything saying he was sent down but i could've easily missed it. i'm rooting for Davies, tough to see him go in that deal he's a really good prospect that I, and a bunch of other Devils' fans, thought highly of.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
So there's a roster spot and cap room for Brian Boyle?

I'm good for that plan too. I don't like being under the roster limit for no reason so hopefully something is planned. I guess we save a little bit of money that builds up for season end once they year starts rolling, but I like having as many options as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->