Training camp chat

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Dude like I’m dyinggggg for hockey. It’s all I think about. I’ll refrain all day from checking the forum only to see like 1-4 comments :(

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
On the hockey aspect of things though, I am starting to think that Johansen is getting sorely underrated around the league, and I also think he’s due for a good season with a fully healthy Forsberg and Arvidsson. Hell, even Granlund. I really think the forwards will take the pace next year over the D. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I'm geeking. I'm studying heat charts and stats. (money say Tolvanen will be the LW Craig Smith). I want to see competition.
Man I hope so. He’ll always have a capable center now. Let’s hope his speed has improved along with play away from the puck. If tolvanen actually can come through and have a breakout season, man our team is looking dangerous.

Good vibes about this season to come, boys.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
I’m expecting a big step up for Granlund from the big bowl of nothingness he gave us last year. There is a much more talented player there than we saw. And he should have a better center.

Speaking of centers, Kyle can’t be worse than last year. Cannot. Not possible.

If just those two guys improve to form and the others hold reasonably steady, while adding Duchene, look out world.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Yeah, all eyes will be on Duchene, but it's reasonable to view Granlund as a potent new addition as well since he was basically invisible down the stretch last season. The trade, new baby, moving, slotting in with Turris... but with an offseason to prep with the team, and playing full-time with Duchene or Johansen should do wonders for his game.

Just imagine that Duchene and Granlund are both 70 point players. That's a VAST improvement to our attack alongside JoFA that we've never been able to support that top line with. I don't know what the defense will do, we might be playing a lot of 5-4 type games rather than 3-2 games. This coming season has potential to be very exciting.

Reactions: NNCbama

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
I’m expecting a big step up for Granlund from the big bowl of nothingness he gave us last year. There is a much more talented player there than we saw. And he should have a better center.

If just those two guys improve to form and the others hold reasonably steady, while adding Duchene, look out world.
It is difficult for the average fan to understand how a very good but less than superstar player suffers when moved suddenly from one system to another system late in the year with not many games left. Sometimes it works while other times it simply does not. Granlund while good is no superstar and his game suffered when he changed systems. He didn’t recover. With his talent I expect he may catch on to Lavi’s system early in the season. I hope so because he has been very good in the past on a poor team.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017

I am too. I think the move happened at the absolute worst time for him personally. Now a full offseason with the team and settling into his new city and off ice world he's going to bounce back and put together a really solid year.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I'm going to say it and probably jinx is but I think Tolvanen starts with the club this year and stays all year. I think we're all gona look at the Grimaldi signing and say, why did we waste time on it because he just won't have room on the roster.

Reactions: bdub24

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'm going to say it and probably jinx is but I think Tolvanen starts with the club this year and stays all year. I think we're all gona look at the Grimaldi signing and say, why did we waste time on it because he just won't have room on the roster.

I think he has a very good chance, he looks like a fit with Duchene-Granlund

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad