GDT: Training Camp 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
What, Blake justvwants to GIVE the young players a spot?

The hilarious thing is he opened up a spot as bottom pairing RD for one of Spence or Clarke to get. Maybe LD as well?

Either way, he put the team so much against the cap that the young players who were going to get roster spots were screwed.

Saying something like that then almost doing a 180 right after that, acquiring Dubois and signing Lewis, is why people question Blake's plan and vision.

...Add signs Englund to an extra year to prevent being claimed off waivers... instead doesn't do that and goes and gets Fagemo poached off waivers. :facepalm:

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I still haven’t figured out why Blake doesn’t just trade Grundstrom because his 1.6 million is too much for a 4th line player especially given his role .
I really thought he would have established himself more by now with grit , toughness and go hard to the net . He has disappointed but apparently management is still holding out hope .

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
I still haven’t figured out why Blake doesn’t just trade Grundstrom because his 1.6 million is too much for a 4th line player especially given his role .
I really thought he would have established himself more by now with grit , toughness and go hard to the net . He has disappointed but apparently management is still holding out hope .

12 goals in 57 games playing 3rd/4th line minutes isnt too shabby.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Well, he's 25 now, so he's now officially exempt from any of the accountability or waiver games the kids have to play

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Exactly. Grundstrom is an ideal 3rd line player because at 4LW he takes the spot of someone like a Lemieux.

Look at the Ducks, they have now Gudas, Carrick and Johnston. What is our counter? Englund?

Soft soft Rob.

• Haha
Reactions: ru4reals

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Exactly. Grundstrom is an ideal 3rd line player because at 4LW he takes the spot of someone like a Lemieux.

Look at the Ducks, they have now Gudas, Carrick and Johnston. What is our counter? Englund?

Soft soft Rob.

Jesus Christ...yes...the Ducks, they have Gudas, Carrick and Johnston, and they still suck ass and won't do shit, is that what you aspire too? Really? Playing really shitty hockey, but hey they can punch a goddamn bag pretty well.....

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
The 4th line and their paychecks is the least of the Kings problems.

The wrong colored disposable cups at the front office's water cooler is probably the least of their problems. I'd put the 4th line and their paychecks somewhere around 5th on the list of Kings' problems behind goaltending, player development, Armdog constantly microwaving his leftover tilapia in the office kitchen, and lack of cap flexibility.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
...Add signs Englund to an extra year to prevent being claimed off waivers... instead doesn't do that and goes and gets Fagemo poached off waivers. :facepalm:
Fagemo isn’t really an issue for me (although losing the asset and not moving him for anything a year ago is) but they could have send Englund down and gone 12-6 for these two games. That surprises me.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
My math says the Kings will have to go with 17 skaters tonight, 11F 6D (assuming Arvidsson is out, day to day), they bring up Kaliyev today to start serving his suspension, and bring up another player for game #2 on the emergency call up rule if Arvidsson cannot go. The other option is to bring up another player today and push Kaliyev down the road two more games, missing 4 total.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Fiala and Dubois are the closest thing to acquiring Palffy and Allison. Both great players but won’t get you far on their own. At the same time, you just gutted your futures.
No offense but thats utter nonsense.
Far fetched conclusion based on nothing.
One barely played for LA and the other had to do everything on his own.

Here people are anyhow obsessed with comparisons, especially when the nationality is the same.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
With Arvidsson out does Lewis get top 6 ice time?

Glad that Björnfot had a good camp & was able to earn a roster spot. People say they don't give kids like Björnfot a shot.

Looking forward to seeing what Talbot can do tonight.

:popcorn:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
With Arvidsson out does Lewis get top 6 ice time?

Glad that Björnfot had a good camp & was able to earn a roster spot. People say they don't give kids like Björnfot a shot.

Looking forward to seeing what Talbot can do tonight.

:popcorn:
Lewis practiced on the Danault line. Seems to me being at home they would use that as their shutdown line tonight, and hopefully get enough offense from the Kopi and Dubois lines.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
12 goals in 57 games playing 3rd/4th line minutes isnt too shabby.
If Grundy plays a full season he will constantly end up with between 15 and 20 goals.
He plays hard with a lot of energy. Apparently people expect a PPG from a 4th liner. Unbelievable.

That said, his play away from the puck is very bad. Thats why he regularly is a healthy scratch.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Honestly, if Arvidsson is out, they should call up Turcotte, Thomas, or someone else. Yeah, it delays Kaliyev's return, but isn't that better than 11 F and 6 D?

Why would we have a kid like Turcotte or Thomas when we could have Lewis on the 2nd line and play shorthanded?

You just don't understand good management

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Honestly, if Arvidsson is out, they should call up Turcotte, Thomas, or someone else. Yeah, it delays Kaliyev's return, but isn't that better than 11 F and 6 D?
Its a reasonable argument, especially with two very good teams coming into town. Going to be tough with 2 LHD on the third pairing too. It's a long season, maybe they don't want to delay Kaliyev any longer than necessary, maybe do the emergency call up option for game #2 if Arvy still can't go.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Blake should honestly trade Roy for a goalie, toughness or futures. Doubtful they can re-sign him, he’s 28 and this will be last chance at a payday. And they need the cap space to acquire a goalie next season. Also now Spence and Clarke get their playing time.

Reactions: kinghock

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

The big question: Is getting Arty back sooner worth going 11/6?

They start off with 4 pretty good opponents. 2 at home then off for 2 on the road. I'm guessing they want Arty on that trip because they can't just call someone over from Ontario like they can at home.

Something to think about, I guess.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The big question: Is getting Arty back sooner worth going 11/6?

They start off with 4 pretty good opponents. 2 at home then off for 2 on the road. I'm guessing they want Arty on that trip because they can't just call someone over from Ontario like they can at home.

Something to think about, I guess.
Seems like they will do an emergency recall for game #2, then Kaliyev can join them in game #3. When Arvidsson returns (and Kaliyev is back) they can also send Laferriere down and recall Spence to give the D some balance. We'll see lots of moving parts all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad