Training camp 2023-2024

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Give Kastelic better players man. That 4th line gonna be doing nothing but getting hemmed in their own zone just like last year.

I want to see

Greig-Kastelic-Sokolov/Bailey

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Give Kastelic better players man. That 4th line gonna be doing nothing but getting hemmed in their own zone just like last year.

I want to see

Greig-Kastelic-Sokolov/Bailey

Greig needs more ice time than 7-8 minutes a night. If he's on the team, it has to be in a top 9 role.

Sokolov doesn't have the foot speed to prevent being hemmed into his own end.

Bailey, if he plays well enough and signs for the Brassard deal ($750k), likely beats out Kelly.

MacEwen is almost certainly starting there at RW, in the Watson role.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I think Jiri Smejkal will turn some heads at training camp. A lot of guys going to be fighting for stops in the bottom 6 this year:

A lock to be in bottom six
Pinto * (if he signs)
Joseph * (if not traded)
MacEwan
Kubalik
Kastelic

Fight for remaining spot(s)
Smejkal
Sokolov
Kelly
Crookshank
Greig
Bailey

Likely heading back to AHL
Jarventie
Boucher
Fizer

parker kelly one way contract is bizarre

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Writesfor sensshot, so probably not any more than the odd poster around here...
And it is the most obvious/basic rumour anyone could post at the moment.

Everyone knows the only players who could be moved to accommodate a Pinto signing are those 2.

Reactions: gab6511

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And it is the most obvious/basic rumour anyone could post at the moment.

Everyone knows the only players who could be moved to accommodate a Pinto signing are those 2.
Maybe Kubalik as a dark horse.

The thing is we could see Pinto signed before a trade is made, trade doesn't need to happen until opening night, and by then we might have an injury that makes the trade no longer needed or at least not as urgent

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Dorion says Norris tweaked something (kinda shoulder related) and will wear a yellow jersey to start camp. He says it's minor and he'd play if the season started tomorrow.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Dorion was evasive, but I would imagine it's the surgically repaired shoulder. Which apparently isn't repaired enough to hold up through a week of informal, non-contact skates.

He was vague about it, but it didn't sound like it was the other shoulder. If I had to guess, it's a minor tweak to a muscle around the rehabed shoulder, but nothing structural.
Ya makes sense. I assumed it would be the injured shoulder too. What a shame.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
hopefully, it is just something around the shoulder, like upper back or lat tightness.

im not watching another f***ing shoulder injury this year, nope.

Reactions: robsenz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad