Can't wait to get started.
Rookie tournament starts this week
Screenshot_20230911_094033_Brave.jpg

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
I am going on the 16th to see the Penguins game. I always come away from these rookie games thinking every one of our prospects looks amazing and is a guarantee to have a NHL career:laugh:. I promise to temper my enthusiasm when I write my report.
Really hoping all the rookie games will be streamable///televised

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I am going on the 16th to see the Penguins game. I always come away from these rookie games thinking every one of our prospects looks amazing and is a guarantee to have a NHL career:laugh:. I promise to temper my enthusiasm when I write my report.
Can't imagine you'll have that problem this year. 75% of the roster will be undrafted invites.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Can't imagine you'll have that problem this year. 75% of the roster will be undrafted invites.
I agree the caliber and depth of prospects is definitely lower and there aren't any A+ prospects to watch this year. But I have hope players like Ostapchuk, Halliday, Kleven, Merilainen and maybe Boucher will take over the game and dominate. Other players I'll be watching: Pettersson, Donovan, Nordberg, Stanley.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
I agree the caliber and depth of prospects is definitely lower and there aren't any A+ prospects to watch this year. But I have hope players like Ostapchuk, Halliday, Kleven, Merilainen and maybe Boucher will take over the game and dominate. Other players I'll be watching: Pettersson, Donovan, Nordberg, Stanley.
Halliday, Pettersson, Nordberg and Stanley won't be there. Unsigned college players can't participate and unsigned Europeans have their club team camps starting up, so they don't bother either.

I wasn't exaggerating when I said the vast majority of the roster will be invites. I'm aware of at least 16, and the entire roster will probably only be 25 or so players. The Sens have almost none of their own drafted players available for this.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Halliday, Pettersson, Nordberg and Stanley won't be there. Unsigned college players can't participate and unsigned Europeans have their club team camps starting up, so they don't bother either.

I wasn't exaggerating when I said the vast majority of the roster will be invites. I'm aware of at least 16, and the entire roster will probably only be 25 or so players. The Sens have almost none of their own drafted players available for this.
You're right. I forgot about that. I was going off the development camp roster in July. Damn... I was looking forward to seeing what Halliday and Pettersson could do. I am still pumped to see Merilainen, Kleven and Ostapchuk.

Reactions: Duncstar and bert

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Has the roster been published?
No. Probably tomorrow, but it will look a lot like this...

G - Leevi Merilainen, Charlie Schenkel, Collin Mackenzie

D - Tyler Kleven, Jorian Donovan, Tomas Hamara, Matt Andonovski, Simon Motew, Thomas Stewart, Djibril Toure, Bronson Ride, Roberto Mancini, Caeden Carlisle

F - Ridly Greig, Tyler Boucher, Zack Ostapchuk, Philippe Daoust, Daniil Bourash, Cole Burbidge, Connor Clattenburg, Mitch Martin, Stuart Rolofs, Tyler Savard, Tyler Thorpe, Jackson Stewart

Not sure if they'll send Jarventie, Crookshank, or Sebrango. Leaning towards no.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode

D - Tyler Kleven, Jorian Donovan, Tomas Hamara, Matt Andonovski, Simon Motew, Thomas Stewart, Djibril Toure, Bronson Ride, Roberto Mancini, Caeden Carlisle

F - Ridly Greig, Tyler Boucher, Zack Ostapchuk, Philippe Daoust, Daniil Bourash, Cole Burbidge, Connor Clattenburg, Mitch Martin, Stuart Rolofs, Tyler Savard, Tyler Thorpe, Jackson Stewart

Not sure if they'll send Jarventie, Crookshank, or Sebrango. Leaning towards no.
Thank you very much for sending this out.
Just curious as to where you got the list.
I knew there would be a lot of invites but that is a LOT.
I don't recognize probably at least 12 of these names.
Are any of these invites of real interest?

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode

Bourash looks interesting:

19 y/o
Undrafted
41 goals in 66 games; 5 more in the playoffs
Right Wing
1694575639746.png

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bourash looks interesting:

19 y/o
Undrafted
41 goals in 66 games; 5 more in the playoffs
Right Wing
View attachment 742708
Pretty hilarious scouting report from elite prospects.

'Daniil Bourosh built his game around his shot. Every play he makes, every pass, and every route he takes toward the offensive zone, they all serve one purpose – getting open to fire from the faceoff circle. When he does reach that spot, every puck that touches his stick is immediately fired on net.'

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Thank you very much for sending this out.
Just curious as to where you got the list.
I knew there would be a lot of invites but that is a LOT.
I don't recognize probably at least 12 of these names.
Are any of these invites of real interest?
It's just a list of Ottawa's own prospects that I expect to participate plus a bunch of confirmed free agent invites. It's probably not 100% how the roster will look but it should be close.

I would say that Djibril Toure and Mitch Martin are the most interesting guys to watch.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
TSN1200 tweeted that Merilainen, Kleven, Greig, and Boucher are the featured players.

Ostapchuk >>> Boucher and his odds of ever becoming a full-time NHLer with a long career is much higher, he had a way better junior career.

Makes me wonder how much TSN1200 follows and understands hockey.

Reactions: Xspyrit

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
TSN1200 tweeted that Merilainen, Kleven, Greig, and Boucher are the featured players.

Ostapchuk >>> Boucher and his odds of ever becoming a full-time NHLer with a long career is much higher, he had a way better junior career.

Makes me wonder how much TSN1200 follows and understands hockey.
I interested in seeing where Boucher is at. Probably gets a lot of people tuning in because of how much of a stretch that pick was.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Pretty hilarious scouting report from elite prospects.

'Daniil Bourosh built his game around his shot. Every play he makes, every pass, and every route he takes toward the offensive zone, they all serve one purpose – getting open to fire from the faceoff circle. When he does reach that spot, every puck that touches his stick is immediately fired on net.'
Dany Heatley 2.0

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3