Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Right but the fact that people wouldn't make the same complaints about less effective players who are over 6'' is the point they're trying to make.
But they'd complain about two slow guys in the top four. Or two offensive voids in the top four. Or more than two of a particular handedness in the top four.

We'll complain about everything. Grzelyck is little. Nothing pathological about pointing it out.

Reactions: Jim and JOKER 192

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don't think it hurts a young player at all to play major junior another year or in this case one year before moving on to pro hockey and the B's are loaded with depth on D, so if he plays in Moncton he will for sure get top 4 minutes and PP time most likely as well. That can only build his confidence while getting use to the NA rinks.
I agree.

In Andersson's case, Imo he has a different skill set. He really needs work on his defensive side to complement his skill set.
To me that could be better accomplished in Providence.
Hopefully management sees it this way.
If not well, you'll be there to report on his progress.
Lucky you.

Reactions: bbfan419

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Aside from shooting right or left. Who do you believe is the better defenseman and what sets them apart
a - Connor Clifton
b - Jeremy Lauzon
c - Urho Vaakanainen
d - Jakub Zboril

I think the Bruins are lucky to have four young defensemen at this level. I think they are very close to each other, but would like know how anybody else here think...

Didn't know where to put this, so mods feel free to move it

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Aside from shooting right or left. Who do you believe is the better defenseman and what sets them apart
a - Connor Clifton
b - Jeremy Lauzon
c - Urho Vaakanainen
d - Jakub Zboril

Right now, I would say Clifton is the best of this bunch but at the end of it all, I believe Vaakanainen will be.

Clifton is the flashiest and may be the best hitter of the bunch. He plays a rover style back there. He's fun to watch. "Cliffy Hockey" for a reason.

Vaakanainen's skating is elite and the best of the bunch in that regard. I think vaak's defense is good but I'd have to go with Lauzon if we're talking about who is the best defensively. Vaakanainen has shown solid two way ability since coming to NA.

Lauzon is solid defensively, imo best of this group and I think he's the perfect partner for an offensive defenseman. He skates well and has good size. He's aggressive and not afraid to mix it up.

Zboril is steady and his skating is right up there with Vaakanainen. I don't think he excels at anything best though. When he's on, he has the skill to be a factor in all facets of the game but consistency is his issue, though he's gotten better with that.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
a - Connor Clifton
b - Jeremy Lauzon
c - Urho Vaakanainen
d - Jakub Zboril

I think the Bruins are lucky to have four young defensemen at this level. I think they are very close to each other, but would like know how anybody else here think...

Didn't know where to put this, so mods feel free to move it
A. Clifton is a maverick with untapped potential, we know where his floor is but it's anyones guess how high his ceiling is
B. Lauzon is from the Carlo mode,safe and sound but his lack of an O game is a bit overstated, he's capable of it and wish he'd do it more
C. Vaakanainen is high end everything but lacks experience along with some more strength, my opinion is he had a good camp now needs to stay healthy and put in the work
D. My opinion of Mr Zboril changes like the weather, no doubt he's got the skill,drive and nastiness, he's also his own worst enemy and is a poster child for sports psychology ,he has as much talent as Vaakanainen but in different places
All 4 of them are NHL caliber, all 4 could play right now

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Can’t see it, he should on in around 2-2.25. Best idea would be to move him as there is a backlog on LD and he could bring some value but not 3m value IMO.
Man I would give him a 8 year deal for that $$. Moore makes 2.75 and to me isn’t even close to as good as Grizz

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I agree.

In Andersson's case, Imo he has a different skill set. He really needs work on his defensive side to complement his skill set.
To me that could be better accomplished in Providence.
Hopefully management sees it this way.
If not well, you'll be there to report on his progress.
Lucky you.
For sure if he ends up in Moncton I will get plenty of chances to see him play and give updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad