Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
We can use him here with the Wildcats, as Aspirot signed a pro deal as well.
I rather have him in the A than the Q.
He'll have a more focused training in what he really needs to work on, in a daily basis.
I really think that would be the ideal situation for Andersson.
I hope the Management feels the same. I know they are really high on him and don't want to rush him.
So in the end I know they'll do what's best for his longterm development.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I happen to hope they roll w that pair, but we will see.

Well, Chara DID play a bit with Cliffy.

So there is enough evidence to inspire hope that will be mercilessly crushed in October.

I'd like to see:

Gryz - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Chara - Cliffy

It reduces Charas minutes and keeps him fresh. Spreads the Defense around so we have some heckuva depth.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Well, Chara DID play a bit with Cliffy.

So there is enough evidence to inspire hope that will be mercilessly crushed in October.

I'd like to see:

Gryz - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Chara - Cliffy

It reduces Charas minutes and keeps him fresh. Spreads the Defense around so we have some heckuva depth.

Some people are going to have a meltdown with two sub 5'11'' defenseman in the Top 4 :laugh:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Some people are going to have a meltdown with two sub 5'11'' defenseman in the Top 4 :laugh:

Yes, yes they will.

But I think that set of pairings deserves some NHL games to see if it works.

You could switch Chara and move Krug down. Chara/Carlo has been fantastic in previous iterations.
I just am not confident about a Krug/Clifton pairing. Even with lower minutes and offensive deployment.
Thats a lot on Cliffy to cover for. He would be much better served learning with Chara, IMO.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Starting with me but I'm not to worried because it's not happening.
it might, and why not? if it means putting the best combination of players out at the right time, I'm all for it. Bigger does not always mean better. Don't forget, just a couple years ago we had Zach Trotman as our #2 just because he was a #BigBoi

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Our first look at the Gryz-Mac pairing was in game 4 of the ECF where they shut Carolina down in impressive fashion.

So the pre-season is just a continuation of what got the ball rolling with fans from that game.
Gryz played a lot of top four, even top pair minutes during the season too, when guys were getting injured. I remember twice he was matched up against Crosby and was phenomenal, taking away his time and space through the neutral zone and getting out of trouble quickly with good outlet passes.

They may not start that way, but if Gryz-McAvoy isn't the top pair by the end of the season I'll be surprised.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Chara will be on the top pair with McAvoy
Gryzz will play with Clifton on the 3rd
Krug and Carlo make up the 2nd.

If we're down late in a game, you may see Chara's minutes reduced and Gryzz on with McAvoy but I'd bet that Chara starts out on the 1st pair

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I rather have him in the A than the Q.
He'll have a more focused training in what he really needs to work on, in a daily basis.
I really think that would be the ideal situation for Andersson.
I hope the Management feels the same. I know they are really high on him and don't want to rush him.
So in the end I know they'll do what's best for his longterm development.
I don't think it hurts a young player at all to play major junior another year or in this case one year before moving on to pro hockey and the B's are loaded with depth on D, so if he plays in Moncton he will for sure get top 4 minutes and PP time most likely as well. That can only build his confidence while getting use to the NA rinks.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Gryz played a lot of top four, even top pair minutes during the season too, when guys were getting injured. I remember twice he was matched up against Crosby and was phenomenal, taking away his time and space through the neutral zone and getting out of trouble quickly with good outlet passes.

They may not start that way, but if Gryz-McAvoy isn't the top pair by the end of the season I'll be surprised.
Agree. I also think Grizz is still getting better. We haven’t seen the best of him yet. I hope Don gets him signed real soon. He would be a bargain at 3 mil per

Reactions: PlayMakers

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
it might, and why not? if it means putting the best combination of players out at the right time, I'm all for it. Bigger does not always mean better. Don't forget, just a couple years ago we had Zach Trotman as our #2 just because he was a #BigBoi

Chara isn't moving off the 1st line until he proves it's to much for him. That hasn't happened yet. Nelly questioned having two smaller guys as part of the D corps now you think he's putting 1 on the 1st line? Only if there is no other choice . Don't let camp lines fool you

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Looks like Heinen Coyle Backes are the third when Krejci is back which I do not expect to be game 1 at this point.

Wonder if Bjork is 4th line LW. Wouldn’t expect this but it won’t be Hughes.
I`d rather Bjork plays big minutes and top 3/6 minutes in Providence than him playing anywhere near the 4th line in Boston at this stage, there is zero reason to put him in that spot IMO

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Not sure what to make of these

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Coyle-Kuhlman
Bjork-Lindholm-Ritchie
Heinen-Frederic-Backes
Hughes-Kuraly-Wagner

looks like coyle is krejci placeholder, frederic is coyle placeholder, and hughes
is nordstrom placeholder (and lindholm takes that spot until nordy is good).
bjork/hughes to providence and ritchie eating popcorn.

the kampfer ahead of cliffy is interesting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad