Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Gryz is also the best in the entire league at defense to offense transition, statistically

Look I don't want take anything away from Grizz. Smart player, great skating, great hockey IQ, let's cut it short (no pun intended) this guy has every skill you could want in a player. What he doesn't have is the physical attributes to be a 1st pairing Dman. Size matters, especially on D ,In a 82 game season this guy would get torn to pieces in one season playing 1st pair. It's not for lack of skill, he's probably the best of the bunch in that regard. You don't have to look any further than the SCF. That's what happens to smaller D who are skilled, they're easy to take out. Sad but true. When the cup is on the line, if Grizz is the difference between a Cup or an elbow to the head, an elbow to the head will win every time. One game suspension, big deal, that's how teams will look at it. Let me make clear, skill wise, Grizz is elite.
He is best to stay on the 3 pairing, special teams. If you see Grizz on the 1st pairing for any extended period of time, prepare to waive goodbye.He's being showcased.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Grizz is a great puck retriever and makes a great first pass. Moore is very very average at best

I agree 100% on Gryz but I think that's a little harsh on Moore. He's a solid player, strong on the puck, makes very few mistakes and he'll give his all, even with a busted shoulder. Sure, there's nothing flashy about his play, he's not an elite passer and he has little to contribute offensively, and he's not in the mix for anything above our 3rd pair. But as a depth D who can come in when required and do a solid, reliable job, he's nice to have in the squad.

That said, he's definitely expensive just to be fringe/depth player, and if we can trade him for anything reasonable then we should. I'm just not sure the market is there to get good value for him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If this had any factual info to it, Grizz would have finished the season with more than 3 goals, 18 points and a +9.

Then again, put him on a pairing where he plays behind the top line or the second line way more often and you watch those numbers climb. He can be the greatest transition d-man ever but if he is most often transitioning the play to guys like Nordstrom and Acciari, well you get what you get: a lot of nothing.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Then again, put him on a pairing where he plays behind the top line or the second line way more often and you watch those numbers climb. He can be the greatest transition d-man ever but if he is most often transitioning the play to guys like Nordstrom and Acciari, well you get what you get: a lot of nothing.
He had those opportunities with all the injuries the Bs had, once everyone was healthy he was back on the third pair. I don’t hate the guy but some of the accolades being showered on him are a bit extreme. Can be the greatest transition dman ever, I think you forgot :sarcasm:

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Colour it any way you want, still not factual.
Statistics say otherwise. That Sharks player behind him is Erik Karlsson, btw

IMG_20190928_114127.png

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
A. Clifton is a maverick with untapped potential, we know where his floor is but it's anyones guess how high his ceiling is
B. Lauzon is from the Carlo mode,safe and sound but his lack of an O game is a bit overstated, he's capable of it and wish he'd do it more
C. Vaakanainen is high end everything but lacks experience along with some more strength, my opinion is he had a good camp now needs to stay healthy and put in the work
D. My opinion of Mr Zboril changes like the weather, no doubt he's got the skill,drive and nastiness, he's also his own worst enemy and is a poster child for sports psychology ,he has as much talent as Vaakanainen but in different places
All 4 of them are NHL caliber, all 4 could play right now

This is the perfect answer and to me all 4 are going to play in the NHL. There are things about each of them that I really like and we are blessed to have the options. Not to mention the distinct possibility of using one of them in a trade situation, due to the depth. Zboril would be that guy but he needs to be showcased at the NHL level. Let's not forget the days of having very few prospects.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
When he was with Providence, there were many here who were annoyed by Cassidy's supposed favoritism at the expense of some more highly regarded prospects. It seemed like he was more interested in winning than developing players. His coaching in Providence had me concerned about how he would perform in Boston.

Obviously, having a focus on winning over player development is necessary for a Stanley Cup-contending team. However, there are certain things that he has said during training camp that are either straight up lies, or he has a different evaluation than everyone here. That's not to say his evaluations are wrong, since we're all just posters on a message board, but I think almost everyone here thinks that Ritchie isn't an NHL player (or he's a 13th forward at best), yet Cassidy keeps force feeding him opportunities.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully Ritchie plays opening night and makes Dallas pay

Probably Cam’s suggestion and you don’t cut the bosses guy

At least didn’t cost a pick

Reactions: bbfan419

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
When he was with Providence, there were many here who were annoyed by Cassidy's supposed favoritism at the expense of some more highly regarded prospects. It seemed like he was more interested in winning than developing players. His coaching in Providence had me concerned about how he would perform in Boston.

Obviously, having a focus on winning over player development is necessary for a Stanley Cup-contending team. However, there are certain things that he has said during training camp that are either straight up lies, or he has a different evaluation than everyone here. That's not to say his evaluations are wrong, since we're all just posters on a message board, but I think almost everyone here thinks that Ritchie isn't an NHL player (or he's a 13th forward at best), yet Cassidy keeps force feeding him opportunities.

At the end of the day Cassidy has to do what his bosses tell him to do or get fired. If he's gotten the word that Ritchie is here to stay there isn't much he can do about it and that's what it looks like to me.

Last edited:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kuhlman
Heinen - Coyle - Ritchie/Backes
Lindholm - Kuraly - Wagner
Ritchie/Backes
IR: Nordstrom and Cehlarik

Last edited:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Stunned at Cassidy reason for sending Bjotk down

Anders Bjork (b.1996) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

You tell me if that is true

All to keep Ritchie

Bullsh*t. Bjork is as much a playmaker – maybe more so – as scorer. It seems that Cassidy is trying to come up with weak excuse after weak excuse not to have Bjork in the lineup when clearly he should be. Are Backes and Ritchie going to light up the lamp? Christ, they’re also both as slow as molasses, while Bjork would probably be Boston’s fastest skater.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I want names of the people in the front office who voted Ritchie over Bjork.

I would like this list notarized, and I'd like them to stand in front of a jury of their peers.

I've got the rope ready and there are plenty of lamp posts on Causeway Street ;)

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I want names of the people in the front office who voted Ritchie over Bjork.

I would like this list notarized, and I'd like them to stand in front of a jury of their peers.
I would vote for Ritchie over Bjork if it’s for the 13th forward in the press box.

Say why you want about the decision but Cassidy’s right about the production. For all the obvious talent and quickness, he still hasn’t been able to produce at the level they’ve been playing him (pretty much top six since he’s seen the NHL). At some point he’s got to pull that weight and produce with it. Hope he makes that leap this year, but it’s a leap for sure.

Looks like Providence will be stacked and him thriving there wouldn’t be a bad way to get started.

Reactions: Tampbear
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad