Confirmed with Link: Training Camp 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Last preseason game showed me they aren't committed to putting Strome in the best position to thrive. It was a preseason game. Put him with a couple offensive wings (or at least one) and see what he can do. Nope. I love Crouse but Strome with him and Kempe on the 4th line isn't using Strome to be the offensive force he's been at every other level. Kempe carrying the puck around and doing absolutely nothing with it certainly didn't help. Strome will never be a grinder. Look how much more effective he was playing with Domi last year when the team was playing it's best hockey. Hell, look how much better both of them played. Wasn't that a good indication of how he can help the team if used properly?
I agree, but I think it has been apparent for some time that RT does not care for Strome. I would be very surprised if Strome is with the team all year.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's ****ing preseason. Give him time with scorers to see what he can produce. Last year we were done right after the start of the season. These are times when you have the luxury of letting guys develop. If this team did that more over the last half dozen years maybe we'd have higher draft picks and developed those picks more. I hope I'm wrong but watching him at wing and some of his use before the end of last season and seeing that last night makes me question their commitment. Kind of like Domi at center when we could have been giving Strome that opportunity. Domi is gone now. I won't be surprise if Strome is shown the door next with a much more disappointing return.
Your missing the point, we know Strome can produce points and likely will produce more with scorers. Its the other parts of his game that are in question. We were 0-20 last year to start. do you think that is a good environment to develop anyone, just give it a shot when the team is in total disarray? Tocc needed to figure out winning , he is lucky we are broke or he would have been fired most likely. What does it tell you about Strome if we are so desperate that we use Domi at C and keep Strome in the AHL instead?

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
With Nylander at a stand still and not going the offer sheet route, he’s a guy I would gladly send a decent package for, but what would it take?

Strome
Chychrun
1st

?

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
They were 4Cs because they were the 4th best C that their team could attract and afford. 4C stuff, as you put it, is outscoring the opponent, same as 2LW, same as 1RD. A line centered by Strome will outscore (head to head) an equivalent line centered by Richardson 9 times out of 10.

I get your point and I'm sure you get mine. My post was about Strome, not who becomes a 4C by default. The men I listed ate pucks and threw hits. They played very hard and were/are hard to play against. They have better than 50% FO's and won them when it mattered.

So, I doubt being 4th best will make Strome into a Selke candidate, which believe three of those I mentioned have received votes for and in more than an isolated season.

Last edited:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Last preseason game showed me they aren't committed to putting Strome in the best position to thrive. It was a preseason game. Put him with a couple offensive wings (or at least one) and see what he can do. Nope. I love Crouse but Strome with him and Kempe on the 4th line isn't using Strome to be the offensive force he's been at every other level. Kempe carrying the puck around and doing absolutely nothing with it certainly didn't help. Strome will never be a grinder. Look how much more effective he was playing with Domi last year when the team was playing it's best hockey. Hell, look how much better both of them played. Wasn't that a good indication of how he can help the team if used properly?

Crouse is exactly the type of player Strome needs. Skates well and likes getting dirty. Someone on his line will have to be able to do those things.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Strome and Crouse could work at the NHL level if there was a forward with offensive skill on the other side. With Kempe carrying the puck and doing nothing with it, that line sucked. Strome will shoot and set up. Crouse can create room and go to the net. Kempe was doing his own thing killing any chance for sustained offense.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Of course the Coyotes would move Chychrun for Nylander. Chychrun has proven nothing. He has 2 repaired knees which may cut the length of his career down. He hasn't shown flashes of greatness.

Somehow, Chychrun has become a sentimental favorite around here. I don't quite know why.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Two blown out knees for a potential 70 point winger to play with Keller?

Chychrun is a 19-year-old physical freak. Nylander doesn't address a need for us.

For me right now I'd be badgering Ottawa to figure out what they want for Duchene.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Chychrun is a 19-year-old physical freak. Nylander doesn't address a need for us.

For me right now I'd be badgering Ottawa to figure out what they want for Duchene.
Chychrun is a 20 year old who has not established what he is as a player and Nylander is a 22 year old established 60 point player. No one Doesn't choose Nylander if a choice existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad