Confirmed with Link: Training Camp 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Also why I think that we may be looking at a deal that may not come to fruition before the season, but something where we see that Oesterle and Lyubushkin are doing what they need to and we work either one of Goligoski or Demers into a deal for an upgrade on the forward line. I think Hinostroza and Grabner are safe there, so it may be something like Archibald plus a prospect or Panik to get a major wing upgrade.

Gogo/Panik
Gogo/Archibald/prospect
Demers/Panik
Demers/Archibald/prospect

What can any of those 4 options above net us to improve at forward? Nyquist seems like the easiest player to acquire for that price...

Goose has a NMC but I wonder if he'd be open to a move back to Pittsburgh. I'm thinking in a deal for Kessel. Obviously not one for one, we'd have to add quite a bit, but moving out his money gets the dollars close. We'd just need the Kessel/Sullivan relationship to become untenable this season. And it's not like Pittsburgh couldn't use a good upgrade on D either.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I'm surprised Klima #2 was sent back, with the apparent C injuries. He was 50% on FO's through two periods, then sucked rocks after the donny.

Archibald appears to be injured (right hand).

Word on the street is Oesterle and Lyubushkin will be on the opening night roster, Chychrun will not. Additionally, Lyubushkin has a good attitude and won't return to KHL if he were to be assigned to AHL.

Last edited:

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
The Senators are officially more embarrassing than the Coyotes. I honestly never thought this day would come!

We're NOT LAST BOYS!!!!!!! Whooooooo!!! Not the WORST!!!!

4111732300000578-0-image-a-40_1496615520945.jpg

Lol, season hasn't started yet

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Lol, season hasn't started yet
Don’t say that! Don’t ever say that! Goonies never say die! Down here, this is our time. OUR TIME!!!

For this brief moment, however fleeting it may be, we are not the most humiliating. We are not. Not now. They can’t take that back. Nobody can ever take that back from us. This is our time!

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Don’t say that! Don’t ever say that! Goonies never say die! Down here, this is our time. OUR TIME!!!

For this brief moment, however fleeting it may be, we are not the most humiliating. We are not. Not now. They can’t take that back. Nobody can ever take that back from us. This is our time!

:laugh: I owe you a beer dude, and we have to drink it together

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
:laugh: I owe you a beer dude, and we have to drink it together
Yes. Let’s do that. And listen, Ottawa might end up being good this year. In a “Major League” sort of way. They might win a lot BECAUSE they hate Melnyk and the front office. We’ve seen teams with chips on their shoulder go a long way. The 2012 Yotes or the 2018 Knights. It might happen. And good for them if it does.

But right now, they haven’t done that yet. Right now, they have Melnyk. Listen, we have Barroway and he’s a figure head. A puppet. A pretend owner. But he’s not Melnyk. He doesn’t meddle. He’s just happen to be here and have his large boy really excited to always be 1st kid in charge of fanboy tweets and sneakers and stuff forever, despite the number of years that go by. And that’s great. It’s not Melnyk.

Feels good man.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Is Toc such a fan of Archibald that he's a shoe in?

Good question and point. I think that for the first time in a long time (not since 2009-10 season), we have a full cupboard of players and we are going to be in a numbers crunch for who we play. Even if Archibald isn't a guarantee, who replaces him? Crouse? Merkley? Someone whom we should expect to be on the roster is going to find themselves the odd man out, which is why I think that there are deals to be had somewhere.

I also don't know how crazy it would be to look into what Chychrun could return in a deal. I would prefer to trade Goligoski or Demers before Chychrun, but if we are looking to get a good, young player, we may have to deal a good, young player like Chychrun in return.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Good question and point. I think that for the first time in a long time (not since 2009-10 season), we have a full cupboard of players and we are going to be in a numbers crunch for who we play. Even if Archibald isn't a guarantee, who replaces him? Crouse? Merkley? Someone whom we should expect to be on the roster is going to find themselves the odd man out, which is why I think that there are deals to be had somewhere.

I also don't know how crazy it would be to look into what Chychrun could return in a deal. I would prefer to trade Goligoski or Demers before Chychrun, but if we are looking to get a good, young player, we may have to deal a good, young player like Chychrun in return.
A numbers crunch is good, and we will have injuries too, like we do now. Chychrun has little value until he proves he can play for a year at a high level with 2 knee injuries. Lets keep our 8 D men, at least 2 are injured now, we can use the depth anyway.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Am I the only one who is slightly salty that Hill got the axe so quick? I think he could push Kuemper out of a job. The game against the Ducks he played well. The one goal that went in on him was a terribad giveaway in the defensive zone.

Reactions: 0point1 and rt

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Am I the only one who is slightly salty that Hill got the axe so quick? I think he could push Kuemper out of a job. The game against the Ducks he played well. The one goal that went in on him was a terribad giveaway in the defensive zone.
Better that he plays instead of watching.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not at this time. Chayka just signed Kuemper so it's his job to lose, and I don't think Hill is ready yet so let him play lots in Tuscon rather than sit here.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Kuemper's salary helps us stay above the floor.

That's really the issue.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
A numbers crunch is good, and we will have injuries too, like we do now. Chychrun has little value until he proves he can play for a year at a high level with 2 knee injuries. Lets keep our 8 D men, at least 2 are injured now, we can use the depth anyway.

Trade conversations can happen at any time. I don't think we take the step of making a move prior to the season, but I think that after 20 games, unless we are doing a complete 180 from last year (15-3-3 or better to start?) and don't want to eff with chemistry, we have some pieces that can be moved around. We need more possession from our forwards after 15-20 games? Find a team that needs a defenseman and start from there.

Remember that we have capable 6/7 fill-in players in Murphy and Capobianco already available, even with the 8 D we have, injuries and all. We finally have what Chayka has been striving for all along. Re-build the entire program from top to bottom. A lot of that has been filling in the gaps that we had between AHL and NHL and letting those players progress to find their niche. In the past 2 years, we have created a large enough influx of talent that we can use that to upgrade further during the years. We didn't do so last year b/c we weren't good enough early on to warrant trying to add to improve. Now, we have some noise behind our play in the second half and a reason to not come out flat and experience a repeat of last year. To me, that screams to the point of taking a really hard look at our roster and seeing exactly where we are strong at. I think we have too many good defensemen and not enough ice time to dole out, so it makes some sense to trade from the position of strength, especially b/c we still have some good players in Tucson and we should be only a year away from adding POJ. Dineen also has a development curve and is not ready for the NHL yet, but we are not as depth deficient as one may think.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Goalies are such head cases that I hate to rush one. Let’s give Hill another year of seasoning and a strong history of success before being called upon to backstop an NHL team.

Reactions: Jakey53

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Whither Ullstrom? I didn't see his name on any cut lists yet.

Good call - he slipped through my post, although I am wondering who I am officially missing from the camp list, as with Ullstrom, we would have 32 players in camp, not 31 as reported. I may be including a player who is injured in the list of camp players that likely should not be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad