Confirmed with Link: Training Camp 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So I was toying with a trade idea earlier for after the season starts and Dvo is in the lineup. Assuming Strome is not the player this organization wants but appears NHL ready through camp and a few games, would Chicago have interest?

DeBrincat + 1st + Seabrook for Goligoski + Strome + Cousins + Smereck + 3rd?

DeBrincat had a great rookie season and gives us another right shot winger to work with. Slot Seabrook in as our 3RD and use him accordingly. After his bonus is paid out he's only owed $4.5m which is less than Goligoski. Then there is the first which is likely in the 5-16 range.

We give up the better D in Goligoski, but that's a pretty huge upgrade for them. Goligoski also has half the cap duration. Outside of Keith, that blue line looks ugly. Stome takes over as 3c and continues development in the NHL. They can flip AA for more help on D or rotate Kane back to wing. Cousins makes the bottom 6 less AHL looking and Smereck is a project.

Too little? I know Chicago is not in cap trouble currently but this really opens their cap up in a few years so that they can pursue UFAs. If Strome develops into a #1 then they probably end up winning this trade.
Chicago is not trading DeBrincat, and we don't want Seabrook.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If I'm Chicago, I'd rather keep DeBrincat and the 1st, which could be Hughes, and just buy out Seabook, no matter how much the cap hit.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If I'm Chicago, I'd rather keep DeBrincat and the 1st, which could be Hughes, and just buy out Seabook, no matter how much the cap hit.

Agreed. There is a potential lockout looming which could mean more buyouts at no cap cost like in 2012-13.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

Brayden Burke | Right Wing | Tucson | AHL
Trevor Cheek | Center | Tucson | AHL
Matteo Gennaro | Center | Tucson | AHL
Adam Helewka | Left Wing | Tucson | AHL
Merrick Madsen | Goalie | Tucson | AHL

In addition, the Coyotes assigned defenseman Pierre-Olivier Joseph to Charlottetown (QMJHL).

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
We have basically no interesting position races, PTOs to watch, and no rookies we're all dying to see in the lineup. Everyone just hoping the team stays healthy.

And look how that worked out!

Reactions: Yandover

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Roenick to drop the ceremonial puck at home opener.

There will also be an ex Coyote honored at each Kachina Saturday game. Believe there are 13 games.

Who do you guys wanna see? I imagine one will be Khabibulin as he's still local like JR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yandover

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I thought maybe Derek Morris (also local) as well but he never played in a Kachina and maybe they focus on guys from that era.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I gotta think we're gonna see a lot of the guys who have been dragged out before. Like Greg Adams and Dallas Drake.

How about Rick Tocchet? :thumbu:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Roster reduced by another eight.

Player | Position | Team | League
Kyle Capobianco | Defense | Tucson | AHL
Hudson Fasching | Right Wing | Tucson | AHL
Adin Hill | Goalie | Tucson | AHL
Kevin Klima | Left Wing | Tucson | AHL
Jens Looke | Right Wing | Tucson | AHL
Hunter Miska | Goalie | Tucson | AHL
Lane Pederson | Center | Tucson | AHL
Robbie Russo | Defense | Tucson | AHL

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Zach Smith on waivers. We biting, @rt?
I like him as a player and I think we could use his versatility with our injury issues. That said, he makes a whole lot of money and we already brought back Richardson.

EDIT: if he clears, maybe they’d be open to Archibald and a pick for Smith with some retention?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosby

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Goalies (2): Raanta, Kuemper

Defensemen (9): Hjalmarsson, Chychrun, Ekman-Larsson, Murphy, Goligoski, Connauton, Lyubushkin, Demers, Oesterle

Forwards: (19): Keller, Perlini, Dauphin, Hinostroza, Panik, Richardson, Galchenyuk, Dvorak, Strome, Stepan, Hayton, Cousins, Kempe, Fischer, Merkley, Grabner, Archibald, Crouse, Garland

Italicized players are those who are technically injured at this time. Underlined are the players whom I think get sent back to the AHL/juniors. Obviously, depending on what the injuries are, this could create some shake-ups in who we keep up.

As far as I can tell, it is between Crouse and Lyubushkin for the final spot of 23, with Murphy, Dauphin, Hayton, Kempe, Merkley, and Garland going back. Also why I think that we may be looking at a deal that may not come to fruition before the season, but something where we see that Oesterle and Lyubushkin are doing what they need to and we work either one of Goligoski or Demers into a deal for an upgrade on the forward line. I think Hinostroza and Grabner are safe there, so it may be something like Archibald plus a prospect or Panik to get a major wing upgrade.

Gogo/Panik
Gogo/Archibald/prospect
Demers/Panik
Demers/Archibald/prospect

What can any of those 4 options above net us to improve at forward? Nyquist seems like the easiest player to acquire for that price...

Last edited:
Reactions: RABBIT

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Goalies (2): Raanta, Kuemper

Defensemen (9): Hjalmarsson, Chychrun, Ekman-Larsson, Murphy, Goligoski, Connauton, Lyubushkin, Demers, Oesterle

Forwards: (19): Keller, Perlini, Dauphin, Hinostroza, Panik, Richardson, Galchenyuk, Dvorak, Strome, Stepan, Hayton, Cousins, Kempe, Fischer, Merkley, Grabner, Archibald, Crouse, Garland

Italicized players are those who are technically injured at this time. Underlined are the players whom I think get sent back to the AHL/juniors. Obviously, depending on what the injuries are, this could create some shake-ups in who we keep up.

As far as I can tell, it is between Crouse and Lyubushkin for the final spot of 23, with Murphy, Dauphin, Hayton, Kempe, Merkley, and Garland going back. Also why I think that we may be looking at a deal that may not come to fruition before the season, but something where we see that Oesterle and Lyubushkin are doing what they need to and we work either one of Goligoski or Demers into a deal for an upgrade on the forward line. I think Hinostroza and Grabner are safe there, so it may be something like Archibald plus a prospect or Panik to get a major wing upgrade.

Gogo/Panik
Gogo/Archibald/prospect
Demers/Panik
Demers/Archibald/prospect

What can any of those 4 options above net us to improve at forward? Nyquist seems like the easiest player to acquire for that price...

Good post BUX, I think you're right. I think it's a 3 horse race for the last spot between Oesterle, Crouse, and Bush.

That said, Goose and Demers are too valuable. Especially Demers, he is our only righty. I say let those 3 fight it out and have a good #7 dman with pretty good depth in case of injuries.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The Senators are officially more embarrassing than the Coyotes. I honestly never thought this day would come!

We're NOT LAST BOYS!!!!!!! Whooooooo!!! Not the WORST!!!!

4111732300000578-0-image-a-40_1496615520945.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad