Confirmed with Link: Training Camp 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
He was recovered from the back injury he played through at the end of last season, I believe the "lower body" injury was just a pre-season training thing, don't think it's related.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Really hoping we start the season with Stepan, Dvo, Galchenyuk and Strome down the middle. That will be like a gazzion times more talent than we've every had at center in AZ. Not even close and the PP groups you can make starting with those guys will be something we haven't seen as well. Starting to get pretty psyched for the season.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Wish we had sent Hayton back just because their preseason ended this weekend, and I want him there and keyed in to the program from the get go. This is a big season for him.

Reactions: rt and Mosby

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Wish we had sent Hayton back just because their preseason ended this weekend, and I want him there and keyed in to the program from the get go. This is a big season for him.
They open the OHL regular season tonight vs. Saginaw.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Really hoping we start the season with Stepan, Dvo, Galchenyuk and Strome down the middle. That will be like a gazzion times more talent than we've every had at center in AZ. Not even close and the PP groups you can make starting with those guys will be something we haven't seen as well. Starting to get pretty psyched for the season.
We would probably have the most talented 4th line C in the league. I worry that Richie will get the spot instead.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Was hoping Tocc would go a little deeper with the cuts. Especially Hayton.

I'd dress as many fringe guys for the next game and then cut them all the next day. Get us down to about 27-28 names.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Was hoping Tocc would go a little deeper with the cuts. Especially Hayton.

I'd dress as many fringe guys for the next game and then cut them all the next day. Get us down to about 27-28 names.
I have no idea why you wouldn’t want to give your 1st round pick lots of exposure to the league during preseason. Your statement makes no sense.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
We would probably have the most talented 4th line C in the league. I worry that Richie will get the spot instead.

Me too. Tocc is probably too old school to try and run 4 lines that actually have a chance to score. He's still stuck in that 4th line of scrubs mentality. Hope I'm wrong and he's evolved from last year. He certainly has more options to create better lines this year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Should have cut way more guys. Wish Hayton was backnin the O getting ready for the type of season he has to have. Wasn’t Jenik going to Flint? Why sent back to czech?

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I have no idea why you wouldn’t want to give your 1st round pick lots of exposure to the league during preseason. Your statement makes no sense.

He's got a look. But at this point it's about getting down to the final roster, or closer to it. Hayton has no chance of making the team, so cut him now. Also beneficial to get him back in the room in SSM asap.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Should have cut way more guys. Wish Hayton was backnin the O getting ready for the type of season he has to have. Wasn’t Jenik going to Flint? Why sent back to czech?

Not sure but think I prefer the Czech team to Flint.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
So I was toying with a trade idea earlier for after the season starts and Dvo is in the lineup. Assuming Strome is not the player this organization wants but appears NHL ready through camp and a few games, would Chicago have interest?

DeBrincat + 1st + Seabrook for Goligoski + Strome + Cousins + Smereck + 3rd?

DeBrincat had a great rookie season and gives us another right shot winger to work with. Slot Seabrook in as our 3RD and use him accordingly. After his bonus is paid out he's only owed $4.5m which is less than Goligoski. Then there is the first which is likely in the 5-16 range.

We give up the better D in Goligoski, but that's a pretty huge upgrade for them. Goligoski also has half the cap duration. Outside of Keith, that blue line looks ugly. Stome takes over as 3c and continues development in the NHL. They can flip AA for more help on D or rotate Kane back to wing. Cousins makes the bottom 6 less AHL looking and Smereck is a project.

Too little? I know Chicago is not in cap trouble currently but this really opens their cap up in a few years so that they can pursue UFAs. If Strome develops into a #1 then they probably end up winning this trade.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Could be an error on the part of the writer or the Czech team still technically owns his rights and has to 'loan' him to Flint. I was also under the impression he was coming over.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So I was toying with a trade idea earlier for after the season starts and Dvo is in the lineup. Assuming Strome is not the player this organization wants but appears NHL ready through camp and a few games, would Chicago have interest?

DeBrincat + 1st + Seabrook for Goligoski + Strome + Cousins + Smereck + 3rd?

DeBrincat had a great rookie season and gives us another right shot winger to work with. Slot Seabrook in as our 3RD and use him accordingly. After his bonus is paid out he's only owed $4.5m which is less than Goligoski. Then there is the first which is likely in the 5-16 range.

We give up the better D in Goligoski, but that's a pretty huge upgrade for them. Goligoski also has half the cap duration. Outside of Keith, that blue line looks ugly. Stome takes over as 3c and continues development in the NHL. They can flip AA for more help on D or rotate Kane back to wing. Cousins makes the bottom 6 less AHL looking and Smereck is a project.

Too little? I know Chicago is not in cap trouble currently but this really opens their cap up in a few years so that they can pursue UFAs. If Strome develops into a #1 then they probably end up winning this trade.
You should head over to Capfriendly and take a peek at that Seabrook contract, it's a hard no from the Coyotes, no matter what comes with him.

Reactions: Mosby

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Could be an error on the part of the writer or the Czech team still technically owns his rights and has to 'loan' him to Flint. I was also under the impression he was coming over.
I checked the Flint website a couple weeks ago. Jenik didn't go to their training camp and when they listed drafted Flint players they didn't include him. I think he considered going but he's decided to play at home instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->