Training Camp 2018

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
CSW
ELL

Top 6 is pretty set

So is Copp Lowry Tanev it seems.

So Perreault Roslovic XXXX is the line to figure out. As of now I give it to Petan but it's close. Dano is impressive as well. Lemieux will probably have to start in the AHL. Veselainen not ready.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

- none of those Flames players will start in the NHL. Buddy Robinson is back!
- will Perreault play with Griffith and Lipon or will the line blender move him into the top6?
- See, PauMau, you have two left-handed defensemen in Kulikov and Chiarot, and two right-handed defensemen in Byfuglien and Myers. What's the natural way to pair those guys? Inb4 Myers-Byfuglien.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
they are really giving seth griffith a look b2b games all 3 games so far.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

This almost looks like they're trying to come up with the worst possible option for those bottom 2 pairs haha

Yeah. This is no secret, like it or not. Only thing is Chiarot and Morrow are both playing RD in the pre-season, auditioning for 3RD, not 3LD.

I imagine the experiment will not last long.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
There's been a lot of talk about Vesalainen on these boards over the last 6 months, and from what I've seen of him, he has to develop a lot more. Looks to me like he's 2 years away from making the team.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
There's been a lot of talk about Vesalainen on these boards over the last 6 months, and from what I've seen of him, he has to develop a lot more. Looks to me like he's 2 years away from making the team.

He looked pretty good in game one. Nobody looked that good, outside of CLT, last night. I might give him another game before sending him back to Europe for two years, but that's just me.

Reactions: GNP

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
We saw how the kids dealt with a mostly full NHL team last night - it wasn't pretty. Morrissey, Trouba, and Niku were the best D. Stanley and Morrow should never be a pairing again. Poolman was trying, but without sheltering, he's not as effective.

The only forwards worth mentioning positively last night were Dano, Copp, Tanev, and Lowry. K.Ves has shown his pro poise, but he's been mostly quiet. Roslovic has been pretty bad at C so far, as his line got buried in possession last night. Appleton hasn't been great, either. Will be interesting to see how they develop over the year. Refresh my memory: Did Roslovic play C in the AHL last year? I want to say yes, but I'm not sure.

Also, RIP to Papa Petan.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
We saw how the kids dealt with a mostly full NHL team last night - it wasn't pretty. Morrissey, Trouba, and Niku were the best D. Stanley and Morrow should never be a pairing again. Poolman was trying, but without sheltering, he's not as effective.

The only forwards worth mentioning positively last night were Dano, Copp, Tanev, and Lowry. K.Ves has shown his pro poise, but he's been mostly quiet. Roslovic has been pretty bad at C so far, as his line got buried in possession last night. Appleton hasn't been great, either. Will be interesting to see how they develop over the year. Refresh my memory: Did Roslovic play C in the AHL last year? I want to say yes, but I'm not sure.

Also, RIP to Papa Petan.
from where they are at in their careers trouba was a disaster compared to Stanley.

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Remember earlier this off-season that Petan's agent cast doubt on his long term future with the Jets. I think Chevy was equivocal, too. I think that if Dano, KV and Lemieux show very well in preseason, Petan might be on the move in a trade.
To Vancouver for Granlund would be good.

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015

Also, RIP to Papa Petan.
I remember his dad throwing his hat after the hat trick at world juniors like it was yesterday.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Also, RIP to Papa Petan.

Roslovic played both C and Wing last year in the AHL. I believe he was the prominent C when they ran the Roslovic, Petan and Appelton line.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Does anyone know the cause of death- for Petan's father ?? - he seemed very young - did he die of a heart attack, stroke or cancer, or maybe a car accident ?? I'd like to know, if anyone else knows the answer ??

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Good to hear.
But that means they are not Elite scorers, who will score 60 points in there prime years? Correct?

5v5 production over the last 2 seasons.
Trouba 44 points in 115 games
Morissey 40 points in 163 games

Compared with some notable D-men this is at least comparable 5v5 production. In fact if he could sustain this pace and stay in the lineup Trouba would be among the highest scoring D-men in NHL in 5v5 situations.

Karlson 69 points in 148 games
Burns 75 points in 164 games
Carlson 39 points in 154 games
Gostisbehere 32 points in 154 games
Hedman 58 points in 156 games
Doughty 42 points in 164 games
Letang 31 points in 120 games
Josi 53 points in 147 games
Suban 46 points in 148 games
Hamilton 60 points in 163 games
Klingberg 61 points in 162 games.

Reactions: PhilJets

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
5v5 production over the last 2 seasons.
Trouba 44 points in 115 games
Morissey 40 points in 163 games

Compared with some notable D-men this is at least comparable 5v5 production. In fact if he could sustain this pace and stay in the lineup Trouba would be among the highest scoring D-men in NHL in 5v5 situations.

Karlson 69 points in 148 games
Burns 75 points in 164 games
Carlson 39 points in 154 games
Gostisbehere 32 points in 154 games
Hedman 58 points in 156 games
Doughty 42 points in 164 games
Letang 31 points in 120 games
Josi 53 points in 147 games
Suban 46 points in 148 games
Hamilton 60 points in 163 games
Klingberg 61 points in 162 games.

I'm sure the numbers you cite are correct for Trouba, but he really has become a major distraction in his contract demands. I do think this does affect the fans, and his fellow teammates, as well as Jet's management. I hope this doesn't become a toxic situation where it affects the play of the whole team ? I do wonder about that ?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I'm sure the numbers you cite are correct for Trouba, but he really has become a major distraction in his contract demands. I do think this does affect the fans, and his fellow teammates, as well as Jet's management. I hope this doesn't become a toxic situation where it affects the play of the whole team ? I do wonder about that ?

What demands? Besides unsubstantiated rumors we know nothing. What we do know is there is very little capspace this year. Trouba could still sign a long term deal next offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad