Training Camp 2018

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Players: Lowry & Tanev.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: On Tanev’s speed. Does he marvel at the fact that he doesn’t get hurt more? What can he say about the players missing from skate. Plan for the goalies in Edmonton. Lines he may use. Trouba/Morrissey playing tomorrow? What is his sense of urgency from this team compared to previous years? The mindset in setting up the two training camp groups. Does he have to say anything to group B to keep them focused? Can the Lowry line hit another level? On players who play well in preseason getting more opportunities. How is the competition for minutes?

To listen click here.

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So assuming CLT and VRD. We get Lemieux Spacek Appleton (top line on the Moose this year?) And Lipon Griffith Everberg.

Interested in seeing what LSA can do.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
You think? Where do you think he fits in and instead of who? Honestly curious.

I just don't see it with Lipon, maybe that's not fair though.

Late bloomer.... heck look at Wheels for instance... Boston has a lot of coulda woulda shoulda going on...

I find that our Winnipeg Jets always believe that the glass is always half full with every player until that said player is either traded or let go...

Also we need him on the Moose so their throwing him a bone of a chance as a thanks for last years work and now its up to Lipton on how he uses it..

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Late bloomer.... heck look at Wheels for instance... Boston has a lot of coulda woulda shoulda going on...

I find that our Winnipeg Jets always believe that the glass is always half full with every player until that said player is either traded or let go...

Also we need him on the Moose so their throwing him a bone of a chance as a thanks for last years work and now its up to Lipton on how he uses it..

Meh, they got a Cup after that. Don’t think they’re too concerned.

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level

"coach Paul Maurice says F Nic Petan has left training camp to attend to a personal family matter, no timetable on his return. D Dustin Byfuglien and D Dmitry Kulikov both missed today's skate with minor ailments."

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

"coach Paul Maurice says F Nic Petan has left training camp to attend to a personal family matter, no timetable on his return. D Dustin Byfuglien and D Dmitry Kulikov both missed today's skate with minor ailments."

Hope everything is okay for him. Professionally it is really bad timing for him as he is in a real tight fight for a starting roster spot and likely already behind KV.

Reactions: GNP

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Anyone notice a particularly jovial and relaxed Maurice in the interviews so far this season? Could be just me but he seems to be joking and smiling more often. A bit of success has him feeling his oats maybe.
His job is a lot safer currently than previous years :D

And he has at his disposal

2 top 5 RW in the league
A top 3 goalie
A top 7 center
A top 10 Dman

Plus these bunch of nobodies ;)
Ehlers Connor Morrissey Trouba
Myers Little Perrault Lowry

In the 2nd best team in the league.
:)

His only concern now is
If he placed Vesalainen on the team this year. Nice problem to have.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Hopefully everything is alright for Petan. Tough break for it to happen now. He's unlikely to win a roster spot out of the gate. He'll get more chances but they wont be as easy as preseason games.

Reactions: GNP

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
D Dustin Byfuglien and D Dmitry Kulikov both missed today's skate with minor ailments."

Just wait. Kulikov's minor ailment will become day to day will become week to week will become indefinite timeline for his return will become season ending surgery required. It's just how Maurice rolls. :nod:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I hope that whatever it is it gets resolved quickly and in a good way. There’s no way Petan will compete for a spot otherwise and will probably be traded pretty quickly if there’s any takers.
Remember earlier this off-season that Petan's agent cast doubt on his long term future with the Jets. I think Chevy was equivocal, too. I think that if Dano, KV and Lemieux show very well in preseason, Petan might be on the move in a trade.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Vesalainen-Roslovic-Dano?
Niku at RD, or will Morrow shift over?

Vesalainen Roslovic Dano
Copp Lowry Tanev
Lemieux Appleton Spacek
Everberg Griffith Lipon

Morrissey Trouba
Niku Morrow
Stanley Poolman

Comrie

Would be my guess. Morrow's played a good portion of his career at RD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad