Training Camp 2018

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
5v5 production over the last 2 seasons.
Trouba 44 points in 115 games
Morissey 40 points in 163 games

Compared with some notable D-men this is at least comparable 5v5 production. In fact if he could sustain this pace and stay in the lineup Trouba would be among the highest scoring D-men in NHL in 5v5 situations.

Karlson 69 points in 148 games
Burns 75 points in 164 games
Carlson 39 points in 154 games
Gostisbehere 32 points in 154 games
Hedman 58 points in 156 games
Doughty 42 points in 164 games
Letang 31 points in 120 games
Josi 53 points in 147 games
Suban 46 points in 148 games
Hamilton 60 points in 163 games
Klingberg 61 points in 162 games.
For those who can't do all the division in their heads (fools! :sarcasm:), Trouba is 3rd after Karlson and Burns in 5v5 p/gp. Hedman, Josi, Hamilton and Klingberg are nearly the same as Trouba.

Reactions: PhilJets and Saidin

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
For those who can't do all the division in their heads (fools! :sarcasm:), Trouba is 3rd after Karlson and Burns in 5v5 p/gp. Hedman, Josi, Hamilton and Klingberg are nearly the same as Trouba.
If im Maurice

I put just in pp1
Trouba pp2

Win the cup

Both should be happy to sign long term soon :)

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
you would think that a 24 year old 6 year nhl veteran number 1 dman could beat out a 3rd pairing dman for the 2nd unit pp. guess not. either he isn't a number 1 dman or myers isn't a 3rd pairing guy or both.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

I'm sure the numbers you cite are correct for Trouba, but he really has become a major distraction in his contract demands. I do think this does affect the fans, and his fellow teammates, as well as Jet's management. I hope this doesn't become a toxic situation where it affects the play of the whole team ? I do wonder about that ?

I think it affects fans far far far more than anyone else.

Everyone else tends to be fairly professional.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Seriously Maurice..... it's almost like he goes out of his way to try to force some of his favorites in....
I'd swear Maurice purposely trolls this board and sometimes it is pretty funny. But mostly I think he is playing around with combinations to see how they work in case he is forced to move players around when injuries hit. Also during the season I think it is likely a Myers-Buff combo will be a late game bench shortening adjustment when they are pushing for offense. This would push Kuli to the right. But overall its preseason and we are playing the Flames farm team so it doesn't really matter much.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Laine
?

Maybe Ehlers-Roslovic-Dano next game?

Let's also see if we get Myers-Byfuglien again...

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Laine
?

Maybe Ehlers-Roslovic-Dano next game?

Let's also see if we get Myers-Byfuglien again...

Probably...

Other two lines on Monday?

Vesalainen / Dano - Roslovic - Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Tanev

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
you would think that a 24 year old 6 year nhl veteran number 1 dman could beat out a 3rd pairing dman for the 2nd unit pp. guess not. either he isn't a number 1 dman or myers isn't a 3rd pairing guy or both.

Myers is a better puck mover past his own blue line which is much more suited to PPlay time. Trouba is better in his own end than Myers by a mile but I still play Myers on the PP over Trouba. Although I’m sure that pisses off Trouba something fierce!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Trouba decides the lineup? Your belief that Maurice makes all the right decisions is hilarious. Trouba is a better player than Myers in every conceivable way, no wonder he wants out having to accept this decision making.

Reactions: Huffer

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Trouba decides the lineup? Your belief that Maurice makes all the right decisions is hilarious. Trouba is a better player than Myers in every conceivable way, no wonder he wants out having to accept this decision making.

There might be better options than Myers for the PP, but I don't think Trouba has the skills or the smarts to be such an option. The guy is so overrated here IMO. There are reasons why Chevy isn't getting a trade offer he likes. I should devote the entire season to pointing out every Trouba brain cramp that manifests itself. I could be like Joe Bob Briggs, who provided viewers with much needed information, like the number of "nekkid breasts" a movie contained.

As for wanting to be someplace where he will be treated with the respect he deserves, hey Troubs... sometimes life is like this. :nod:

giphy.gif

Full disclosure: I am a Trouba hater, have been for some time. Expect my Trouba narrative to reflect that.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
There might be better options than Myers for the PP, but I don't think Trouba has the skills or the smarts to be such an option. The guy is so overrated here IMO. There are reasons why Chevy isn't getting a trade offer he likes. I should devote the entire season to pointing out every Trouba brain cramp that manifests itself. I could be like Joe Bob Briggs, who provided viewers with much needed information, like the number of "nekkid breasts" a movie contained.

As for wanting to be someplace where he will be treated with the respect he deserves, hey Troubs... sometimes life is like this. :nod:

giphy.gif

Full disclosure: I am a Trouba hater, have been for some time. Expect my Trouba narrative to reflect that.

th

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Day 12 of Training Camp:

Player audio: Laurent Brossoit, Tyler Myers and Sami Niku.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Urgency ramping up in practice. Composition of teams for next two games. Was there temptation to load up for one game? On today’s scrimmage. Status of Josh Morrissey? On Niku’s defensive game. Is Tyler Myers a left or right side defenceman? If Myers plays another exhibition game will it be on the right side? Thoughts on Brossoit’s game. On securing the final forward spot. On Little potentially playing penalty kill. Thoughts on CJ Suess?

To listen click here.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
From mo's comments and lines at practice it's Ves Ros Ehlers and CLT . Splitting up the forward lines so no vets play b2b.

Ves skated with Rosie and Ehlers today iirc.

Reactions: Ares

Whileee

May 29, 2010
From mo's comments and lines at practice it's Ves Ros Ehlers and CLT . Splitting up the forward lines so no vets play b2b.

Ves skated with Rosie and Ehlers today iirc.
I've been thinking the Jets might break camp with...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Vesalainen-Roslovic-Ehlers

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

Press box: Petan, Dano, Chiarot

First call ups: Poolman, Niku, Lemieux

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

I like this. Morrow played well with Buff in his short time with him. VRE could be a great sheltered scoring line.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I like this. Morrow played well with Buff in his short time with him. VRE could be a great sheltered scoring line.

Awesome news. Morrow is a pleasant suprise for me. He's basically hit his prime late as a good 3rd pair guy. Not a huge asset but not a gaping hole like we've had in years past. Any 3rd pair guy can get by with Buff so it's a great fit.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but I feel like Morrow played like a 3 million dollar dman last year. Hes got just enough skill to be effective. Only question with him is consistency. Him and Chiarot complement their partners well enough for cheap.

Kulikov being back is solid too. I see him and Morrow as basically the same. Having one of them or Chiarot waiting in the press box is solid depth.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I giving us the Tyler Myers show as the #2 LD was an elaborate conspiracy by Chevy/Maurice to make sure that no one was too outraged when Joe Morrow ended up starting the season as a top 4 D for the Jets.

Reactions: Ducky10

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
legit question.
with Petan away due to his father's sudden death and him, understandably, likely needing a personal leave, what can/will the Jets do with him?
he hasn't had a training camp to show that he can make the team. does a bereavment leave allow him to be exempt from final cuts?
after the leave is over, what do the Jets do?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
legit question.
with Petan away due to his father's sudden death and him, understandably, likely needing a personal leave, what can/will the Jets do with him?
he hasn't had a training camp to show that he can make the team. does a bereavment leave allow him to be exempt from final cuts?
after the leave is over, what do the Jets do?

He requires waivers, so he's not getting "cut". He'll be in the PB to start probably.

Reactions: surixon

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

This is my thought as well, but I have Dano/Lemieux instead of Vesa. Probably Dano, but Lemieux very close.

Last edited:

Ares

May 8, 2018

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

Fourth Line Nikolaj Ehlers? Blasphemous!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad