Pre-Game Talk: Training Camp '13 (Starts Sunday 1/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick063092

Nov 16, 2008
Seeing Hagelin flying around the ice again, I'm freaking pumped for this season to start....agreed, too many commercials and Trautwig...

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Seeing Hagelin flying around the ice again, I'm freaking pumped for this season to start....agreed, too many commercials and Trautwig...

I'm DVRing it and going to start watching it in a little while so I can fast forward through all the commercials....

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
No stream for this, huh?

All of which are funded by the big 10 fan bases. Congrats NYR fans. Now you're not only propping up unsustainable franchises, you're also buying their "fans" dinner.

I'm a Ranger fan that relocated to Nashville last year. I've been looking for about an hour - no stream that I can locate. Bummer.

rick063092

Nov 16, 2008
I'm a Ranger fan that relocated to Nashville last year. I've been looking for about an hour - no stream that I can locate. Bummer.

Going to the Ryman for a couple of concerts in April, staying at Hilton a block away..any bars etc. that are a must do?

rick063092

Nov 16, 2008
If you took Miccheletti and the over on "quick release" congrats you're a winner...he's in mid-season form...

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Going to the Ryman for a couple of concerts in April, staying at Hilton a block away..any bars etc. that are a must do?

To be honest, I just bought a house here at the end of August and then pretty much immediately went back to work (I'm a touring musician), so I haven't had the time to explore Nashville as much as I would like.

Basically the downtown area where the Ryman is consists of a long string of bars that have amateur country bands playing in them - very touristy, but a good way to kill an evening, and you should probably bar hop a bit just to say you did it. Once you're sick of that, I would recommend going to Broadway Brewhouse if you want to stay close to the hotel - lots of tap and bottled beer, good atmosphere, mix of young and older people. Aside from that, it's the usual stuff you would expect to find in a small city (Hooters, Hard Rock etc).

East Nashville, where I am, is the closest thing Nashville has to the East Village or (ugh) Williamsburg. The hipster overload can be a little annoying, but there are some decent bars and restaurants in this area. Beyond the Edge is a pretty laid back sports bar with decent bar grub, and if you don't like it, there are a ton of other options right around it. The Pharmacy has excellent burgers, Rosepepper Cantina has really good Chile Verde, and Family Wash is a great place to see bands that aren't bar bands playing for the tourist crowd. The Gerst Haus, though technically in East Nashville, is a short walk over the river from downtown and has some nice beers brewed on the premises and decent but VERY filling German food.

Close to the 12th Ave south Neighborhood, I would HIGHLY recommend going to La Hacienda Taqueria - 2615 Nolensville Road - and ordering the Molcajete - possibly the best thing I have ever put into my head hole. It's a drive from downtown, and nothing else over here really worth investigating, but worth the drive imho.

The West End neighborhood, near Vanderbilt University is VERY collegiate - I'm 45, so I tend to avoid this neighborhood, but I've been once or twice and there are decent bars and restaurants, but I'm not familiar enough to give you specifics, but there is a Ruth's Chris, which is always very good.

I would avoid Italian food like the plague in Nashville - having grown up in Brooklyn, it's not even worth the effort to try and find a decent Italian place or Pizza place.

Another place you should try and get to is Hog Heaven - 115 27th Avenue North - a tiny little shack that is a drive from downtown, but their BBQ sandwiches are incredible.

Hope this helps!

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-2013...topped-31-straight-penalty-shots-in-practice/

On MSG, Dave Maloney says that Henrik Lundqvist stopped 31 straight shots in a shootout/penalty shot drill at the end of practice earlier in the week.

Rick Nash finally beat Lundqvist with a backhand.
That's very impressive. It should be noted that its probably not the equivalent of of stopping 31 straight in the regular season, because he likely faced Bickel, Eminger, Rupp, Asham, Segal etc. Still incredible though.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
That's very impressive. It should be noted that its probably not the equivalent of of stopping 31 straight in the regular season, because he likely faced Bickel, Eminger, Rupp, Asham, Segal etc. Still incredible though.

Who knows which one of them could pull of a Malik? :laugh:

Jan 8, 2012
NY
31 is pretty incredible. He faced gabby, Nash, Richie, Cally, and stepan at least once, maybe twice.

I also predict that 31 will be the number of wins Lundqvist will get this season.

The streak will continue.

You heard it here first.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
31 is pretty incredible. He faced gabby, Nash, Richie, Cally, and stepan at least once, maybe twice.

I also predict that 31 will be the number of wins Lundqvist will get this season.

You heard it here first.
How many games are you predicting he will start?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

You heard it here first.

The more incredible feat is that Richards somehow got out of bed with the flu and was able to participate in a shootout.

rick063092

Nov 16, 2008
To be honest, I just bought a house here at the end of August and then pretty much immediately went back to work (I'm a touring musician), so I haven't had the time to explore Nashville as much as I would like.

Basically the downtown area where the Ryman is consists of a long string of bars that have amateur country bands playing in them - very touristy, but a good way to kill an evening, and you should probably bar hop a bit just to say you did it. Once you're sick of that, I would recommend going to Broadway Brewhouse if you want to stay close to the hotel - lots of tap and bottled beer, good atmosphere, mix of young and older people. Aside from that, it's the usual stuff you would expect to find in a small city (Hooters, Hard Rock etc).

East Nashville, where I am, is the closest thing Nashville has to the East Village or (ugh) Williamsburg. The hipster overload can be a little annoying, but there are some decent bars and restaurants in this area. Beyond the Edge is a pretty laid back sports bar with decent bar grub, and if you don't like it, there are a ton of other options right around it. The Pharmacy has excellent burgers, Rosepepper Cantina has really good Chile Verde, and Family Wash is a great place to see bands that aren't bar bands playing for the tourist crowd. The Gerst Haus, though technically in East Nashville, is a short walk over the river from downtown and has some nice beers brewed on the premises and decent but VERY filling German food.

Close to the 12th Ave south Neighborhood, I would HIGHLY recommend going to La Hacienda Taqueria - 2615 Nolensville Road - and ordering the Molcajete - possibly the best thing I have ever put into my head hole. It's a drive from downtown, and nothing else over here really worth investigating, but worth the drive imho.

The West End neighborhood, near Vanderbilt University is VERY collegiate - I'm 45, so I tend to avoid this neighborhood, but I've been once or twice and there are decent bars and restaurants, but I'm not familiar enough to give you specifics, but there is a Ruth's Chris, which is always very good.

I would avoid Italian food like the plague in Nashville - having grown up in Brooklyn, it's not even worth the effort to try and find a decent Italian place or Pizza place.

Another place you should try and get to is Hog Heaven - 115 27th Avenue North - a tiny little shack that is a drive from downtown, but their BBQ sandwiches are incredible.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the quick response... between pre and post show will probably just bar hop near the Ryman..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad