Pre-Game Talk: Training Camp '13 (Starts Sunday 1/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
This MSG coverage of practice has been excellent, I would love to watch this every season. I like how they have kept a running commentary going and touched on a lot of different topics.

- Girardi looks like a fun guy to be around on the ice during practice drills.

- I enjoyed Boyle's reaction when he scored on Biron.

- Sam had his first missed call of the season on the McDonagh goal but he gets the benefit of the doubt since there's no numbers or names on the back of the jerseys. :laugh:

- Awesome that MSG has a full film crew there and are even showing replays of goals from practice.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
- Henke looked like he was smiling behind his mask after Eminger ripped that wrist shot by him.

- Boyle got razzed pretty good for losing the puck on his shootout attempt hahah.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Lines in practice:

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Gaborik-Stepan-Callahan

I really don't like Gabby on the left side, I think he's going to struggle there. I want to be upset about it, but then I remember that the lines will be switched up 34 seconds into the first game anyway. :laugh:

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Sam mentioned talking about the KHL with Mcdonagh. He said something to the effect that the team(KHL) spent more time in the sauna then practicing. I thought that was pretty funny.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I really don't like Gabby on the left side, I think he's going to struggle there. I want to be upset about it, but then I remember that the lines will be switched up 34 seconds into the first game anyway. :laugh:

He's played on the left for us several times already.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
He's played on the left for us several times already.

A few times here and there, yeah. But I'm always a fan of keeping a player in their natural position. Gabby at his age is set in his ways, I'm sure.

I hope he embraces this new role and really gives it his best. I love me some Gabby.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
A few times here and there, yeah. But I'm always a fan of keeping a player in their natural position. Gabby at his age is set in his ways, I'm sure.

I hope he embraces this new role and really gives it his best. I love me some Gabby.

Eh, it doesnt really bother me. I think if you're going to make any position switch in hockey, moving the left to right (or vice versa) on the wing is easiest.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I don't think the move for Gaborik is a huge deal. Makes it easier for Stepan to feed him and for Gaborik to take the passes on his forehand. Not like he's out there looking for one-timers or anything.

Though there's always the possibility that this is more about getting Hags, Cally and Nash comfortable in their spots because Gaborik will be out after this season anyway. :sarcasm:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Not a comprehensive list but choose your Calder favorite from the following list. Here you go:
Rakell (ANA), Hamilton (BOS), Foligno, Grigorenko (BUF), Baertschi (CGY), Schultz, Yakupov (EDM), Huberdeau (FLA), Granlund (MIN), Galchenyuk (MTL), Schwartz, Tarasenko (STL), Conacher (TB), Silfverberg (OTT), Kreider (NYR)

Our boy is on the list

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Yes, every time I watched Nash play I was shocked at how well he moved for a guy that size. But then again, much as I like my stars, I remember Richards and Gaborik both looking much better when they played against us. Same with Drury and Gomez.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
nash looked fatter then he looked after the trade. gabby will be fine on left side, he played LW many times in Minny and was very productive.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
I don't think the move for Gaborik is a huge deal. Makes it easier for Stepan to feed him and for Gaborik to take the passes on his forehand. Not like he's out there looking for one-timers or anything.

Though there's always the possibility that this is more about getting Hags, Cally and Nash comfortable in their spots because Gaborik will be out after this season anyway. :sarcasm:

I sincerely hope not. I hope he signs here on the cheap to finish out his career as long as he's still productive. He'll likely get more money on the open market though.

That's one reason why I think this season is so important. When we lose Gabby, who steps into a top 6 winger role that is even close to as good as Gaborik?

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Kreider looks much more comfortable on defense blocking shots and breaking up plays. I know some fans were worried because of the AHL stats but i dont read much into that i think he is gonna be good for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad