Pre-Game Talk: Training Camp '13 (Starts Sunday 1/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

https://twitter.com/stevezipay

At Rangers workout, led by Brad Richards, at MSG Training Center, stay tuned for updates, interviews.

By my count, abotu 14 Rangers on ice for drills and now scrimmaging. No Gaborik, who is returning from Slovakia, as I wrote yesterday

https://twitter.com/JimCerny

For many that are asking: Gaby is healthy & ready for camp...all #NYR healthy, except for Sauer

Brad Richards seems to be in charge of workouts.

yd0pv.jpg

BABVFFwCMAAP8oM.jpg:large

BABJVdVCYAARiGY.jpg:large

Last edited:

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Not sure if this is the thread for this but has Lundqvist been playing during the lockout?

Where is Hank? And what had he been doing other than taking care if his little baby? Boy I can see him pulling a groin and having it effect the entire season.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Most of the summer Hank was practicing with some other Swedes over in Europe. Hank is the last person I would worry about.

You can't replicate being in game shape though. Then again, if they started in October he wouldn't have been playing either. So I probably overreacted.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
You can't replicate being in game shape though. Then again, if they started in October he wouldn't have been playing either. So I probably overreacted.

Yeah, I doubt many of these players really played hard enough to keep themselves in NHL ready condition. Some of them playing in other leagues might even suffer some consequences going from different ice sizes, level of competition, etc

We haven't heard about it a lot but I'm pretty sure most of these guys have been staying in shape

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Maybe in a Swedish beer league, but not anywhere professionally.

Most of the summer Hank was practicing with some other Swedes over in Europe. Hank is the last person I would worry about.

Henrik just did an interview with ABC yesterday. The interview is on espn.com. The link is in the lockout thread on page 16 or 17 if you want to watch it.

Henrik said he has been training the whole time. Obviously he has trained harder at different times when he thought the lockout was coming to an end and other times it sounded like basic training. He will be ready to go.

And yes great to see this thread, the pics, and LoFFen.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I don't think we have to worry about Hank. He's a goalie that usually comes prepared right out of the gate. Some goalies struggle in the beginning, like Luongo. Hank will be fine.

Plus, I don't think I've ever heard a player talk more about preparation that Hank.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
35 games for Hank in a 48 game season would be great for his stamina come playoff time... teams are going to be rolling all season long. Should be fun to watch.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yeah im hoping that even though theyll want to get off to a hot start they wont pummel Lundqvist with games early on, especially with no preseason. Biron is going to need some time to get back into gameshape because hes been sitting in board meetings for the last 5 months as the Rangers rep.

I wouldnt mind even alternating games for the first week and then get Henrik in there for two straight. It might even benefit the team defense structure to make sure they focus on that right away. I have trust in Torts and the coaching staff, I think theyll do the right thing.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
after the charity game in AC, hartnell said that hank was already in playoff mode lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad