Proposal: Trades

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
If Vegas is adamant that a first is too steep what's the highest pick that you'd trade back for Fleury + 28? I'd do 65 pretty happily and 45 if it was the best I could do.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
If Vegas is adamant that a first is too steep what's the highest pick that you'd trade back for Fleury + 28? I'd do 65 pretty happily and 45 if it was the best I could do.

So we give up 2 picks for the 3rd last pick in rd 1 and cap dump so we can help Vegas manage their cap and improve their team?

Sorry but no way

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Some of your are far to eager to bail out these teams for inconsequential assets.

the nhl is calling for a flat cap for the foreseeable future. I ain’t helping anyone out of their mess for an extra pick in the 50s. This is part of the reason I didn’t love the Staal deal but can live with it because it’s a one year deal.

for my money I need premium assets to take on someone else’s problem.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Some of your are far to eager to bail out these teams for inconsequential assets.

the nhl is calling for a flat cap for the foreseeable future. I ain’t helping anyone out of their mess for an extra pick in the 50s. This is part of the reason I didn’t love the Staal deal but can live with it because it’s a one year deal.

for my money I need premium assets to take on someone else’s problem.
Exactly. I've noticed the same on our board & the main trade board. It's like some have limited experience in professional negotiations b/w 2 or more companies/entities.

For the people who wanna (inadvertently) pawn off our capspace: We get that it's a painful & sluggish rebuild, but take some deep breaths, we got the best GM in the world who bleeds RW Red. A lowish 2nd for $3.2 salary wasn't bad, but not great either considering cap is $5.7. I'm sure he'll do better.

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
a few interweb rumors (which could indirectly effect us):

2705.png
Jimmy Howard could be an option for Vegas #GoldenKnights if they move Marc-Andre Fleury, according to David Pagnotta.

2705.png
#NYislanders Thomas Greiss is expected to hit free agency at this moment according to David Pagnotta.

2705.png
#NYIslanders and Derick Brassard are working on an extension, to avoid him being an UFA, according to David Pagnotta.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I cant imagine Detroit is high on that list

My guess
Vegas
St.Louis
Dallas
Vancouver
Toronto
NYR
Pittsburgh
Boston

Mix of teams from nice or warm cities, good roster with vets or string cup contenders

It wouldn’t shock me if we were included, as Johnson has spoke glowingly about Yzerman in the past. It makes sense, since Yzerman signed him as a UDFA and also gave him that extension.

Plus, he would be our 2C.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
It wouldn’t shock me if we were included, as Johnson has spoke glowingly about Yzerman in the past. It makes sense, since Yzerman signed him as a UDFA and also gave him that extension.

Plus, he would be our 2C.

For sure

I'm just thinking if him , you just won a SC in Tampa do you really wanna leave?

If forced then you save face by giving a list of 10 teams and hope nothing can be worked out

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
For sure

I'm just thinking if him , you just won a SC in Tampa do you really wanna leave?

If forced then you save face by giving a list of 10 teams and hope nothing can be worked out

I don't think that is a route he would want to take. If nothing gets worked out he most likely goes on waivers and doesn't have a choice on where he goes.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Unless we're getting a significant sweetener, do we want to trade for Johnson or wait and see if Wennberg gets bought out? Or someone else unexpectedly hit UFA?

The desire to add some draft capital is pretty significant, but I think we're looking at a possibility of some pretty intriguing names hitting the open market because of the finances of various teams.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Not a trade, but if the Jackets buyout Wennberg, I'd be willing to sniff around. Still young and has had some solid seasons.

1 year 2 million contract would be a nice risk
Totally agree on Wennberg. Actually wouldn’t mind something like 2-3 years at 2-3 mill per

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
All jokes aside, if that’s all it took to get Domi, they must have not been shopping in division. Have to think we’d easily offer more

I'd hope so. Domi isn't a world beater but he'd take some of the load off of Larkin and we'd actually have two legitimate top 6 centers, even if they're both better suited to playing the 2C role. He's the right age too. Shocked he was only traded for Anderson.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
For sure

Johnson's NTC becomes a modified NTC next year where he has to submit a list of 20 teams he can be traded to, so its not like the clock hasn't started to run on his departure anyway. And its not a NMC so waivers are a possibility.

Detroit could also be a consideration for Johnson if Yzerman includes assurances that he'd use his best efforts to get Johnson into a Seattle uniform the following year. Johnson is a Spokane native after all.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Anyone have a prospect estimate of what it would have cost us to get Murray over OTT? I don’t know their system well enough for a comparable.

Murray was a target that interested me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad