Proposal: Trades

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Because it is the offseason and the draft itself is a long ways away, what kind of trades should Detroit make before next season?

I would think that a 2nd (2020) would be enough to pry Georgiev away from the NY Rangers. The consensus seems that he would be the odd man out with Lundqvist / Shesterkin having the upper hand.

I would also entertain a Svechnikov trade for a similar prospect who hasn't reached it's potential or has been kept out of the NHL for reason XYZ. Jake Bean comes to mind.

Any other ideas that we can debate ad nauseam? :laugh:

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
We don't really need Georgiev, we are gonna suck anyway. Get a goalie UFA, keep our picks, draft good, look to bolster the team next season and prepare for the strongly D filled 2021 Draft.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I would try to get Killorn. He would be an upgrade on our top 9 and that deal running to 2023 isn’t a hinderance. Tampa would have to sweeten the deal with a good pick but I would absolutely explore it.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Svechnikov for Bean? That's a little optimistic. You mean Ben? Ben Gleason?

Reactions: izlez

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I wouldn't be opposed to targeting Bean.
Either would I. I feel like Carolina isn't going to listen if we're not talking Bertuzzi or Mantha, though. I don't think he's obtainable. We can try fallacies and make it seem like Bean and Svechnikov are in the same position....but let's be honest. They don't need what we have.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Either would I. I feel like Carolina isn't going to listen if we're not talking Bertuzzi or Mantha, though. I don't think he's obtainable. We can try fallacies and make it seem like Bean and Svechnikov are in the same position....but let's be honest. They don't need what we have.

You don't think they might want Svechnikov just to unite the two brothers? I agree that they wouldn't give us Bean for Svechnikov, but maybe a second-rounder in 2021, say.

I'd love it if we could pick up Georgiev as Funky Cold Zadina suggested above, but I bet a lot of teams will be bidding and his price will be high.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
main-qimg-278ed2f165a08c60f298099800a1c2ec

In the Crazy Trades Department, I know there's value charts for moving up in the draft, but what would it really take if Detroit packaged #32 and a roster player or two to get another pick at, say, 15? Or at 10 even?

A lot can happen by October, but at the moment it looks like there's a tier from 4 to 10 or even 12 of really really good players. It's probably too steep to do it, but I wonder if the Wings could somehow get two of them.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
4th for Cirelli+2nd+ (capcasualty Killorn/Johnson (assuming he'd waive which he won't wanna).

+/- to even it?

Who says yes/no & why?

4th For: Cirelli +2nd... + Cernak or AK/TJ
TBL wanna keep Foote & XD is 1yr away, so they may trade while Cernak has good value?

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
4th for Cirelli+2nd+ (capcasualty Killorn/Johnson (assuming he'd waive which he won't wanna).

+/- to even it?

Who says yes/no & why?

4th For: Cirelli +2nd... + Cernak or AK/TJ
TBL wanna keep Foote & XD is 1yr away, so they may trade while Cernak has good value?

Detroit says no.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Apparently Vancouver is entertaining trading Boeser?

I assume they’d look for young controllable defense help?

How difficult would it be for people to stomach something around Hronek for Boeser? Another avenue would be McIsaac and draft capital.

I say this knowing we have multiple fans of Drysdale, and to a lesser extent, Sanderson as potential picks at 4

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019

How difficult would it be for people to stomach something around Hronek for Boeser? Another avenue would be McIsaac and draft capital.

I say this knowing we have multiple fans of Drysdale, and to a lesser extent, Sanderson as potential picks at 4
Drafting drysdale and trading hronek for boeser would be a big win. But I’d rather get a center.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Because it is the offseason and the draft itself is a long ways away, what kind of trades should Detroit make before next season?

I would think that a 2nd (2020) would be enough to pry Georgiev away from the NY Rangers. The consensus seems that he would be the odd man out with Lundqvist / Shesterkin having the upper hand.

I would also entertain a Svechnikov trade for a similar prospect who hasn't reached it's potential or has been kept out of the NHL for reason XYZ. Jake Bean comes to mind.

Bean is too good. Carolina won't trade him away for our waiver wire guy.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

No to Hronek trade. McIsaac for Boeser+2nd + Loui (2yrs/$12MCap/$8MSalary).

Then trade down from 4th (Boeser effectively replaces Raymond) & we draft 6th-8th (Askarov, Sanderson, Drysdale) + early 2nd+ RHC/LD prospect.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
No to Hronek trade. McIsaac for Boeser+ Loui (2yrs/$12MCap/$8MSalary).

Then trade down from 4th (Boeser effectively replaces Raymond) & we draft 6th-8th (Askarov, Sanderson, Drysdale) + early 2nd+ RHC/LD prospect.

I think you don’t trade back and you take whatever prospect you like most. Like this scenario is entirely rooted in the reality where Detroit has Drysdale or Sanderson as a top 3 talent in the class.

You convert a young defensive prospect or roster player into a young top 6 goal scorer, and stand pat at 4 happy to take a top 3 prospect who you project to be better than the piece you trade away.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I would try to get Killorn. He would be an upgrade on our top 9 and that deal running to 2023 isn’t a hinderance. Tampa would have to sweeten the deal with a good pick but I would absolutely explore it.

Yeah, if TB gives up something decent to move him, I would be in on him.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Love the idea of the thread.

Doubt Svechnikov gets Bean.

Although there are a lot of other Carolina prospects I like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad