Trades & Free Agency Talk XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I guess it would depend on who would be coming back in a trade. 1st rounder certainly isn’t untouchable.

I would think if we're going to be making big changes we should be getting more picks and prospects, not trading them away. I don't know if doubling down on old expensive players is the way to go.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I would think if we're going to be making big changes we should be getting more picks and prospects, not trading them away. I don't know if doubling down on old expensive players is the way to go.
See, that’s the thing. What if the 1st rounder isn’t going towards an old expensive player? What if it’s in a package for a younger top 6 talent?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
See, that’s the thing. What if the 1st rounder isn’t going towards an old expensive player? What if it’s in a package for a younger top 6 talent?
Trading a 1st for a rental is probably not a good idea for this team. I don't see a problem with trading one for a guy that will be a contributing part of the top 9 for multiple seasons.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Who do you see being available that is worth a first round pick?
Not necessarily about who is available. What I'm saying is if a young top 6 player was available I wouldn't hold the 1st round pick as untouchable. Would Spurgeon+1st for Nylander be so bad? Not really considering contracts and age. The likely hood of that pick being top 10 is awfully small, even if people panic right now because of recent play.

Reactions: nstarjim

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Please keep our 1st rounder
Why the concern? You know they will just use it on the 217th rated player in the draft. On good authority they are targeting Ank Leskater out of Newfoundland. 5'5" dman, ave speed, no shot, can walk under low ceilings, but can tie his own skates.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Why the concern? You know they will just use it on the 217th rated player in the draft. On good authority they are targeting Ank Leskater out of Newfoundland. 5'5" dman, ave speed, no shot, can walk under low ceilings, but can tie his own skates.
He seems too qualified for that pick. Maybe we need to target someone lower.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Hot take

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The guy can play all forward positions, plays excellent defense, and he's the best goal scoring threat we have in Iowa.

I don’t think they’d throw him to the Wolves like that. If Kunin is the one they call up I think Coyle moves to center and Kunin plays right wing.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The guy can play all forward positions, plays excellent defense, and he's the best goal scoring threat we have in Iowa.
He's nowhere near excellent defensively. And if they thought he could be a center, he would be playing there in Iowa. You think Fenton doesn't know his depth chart?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don’t think they’d throw him to the Wolves like that. If Kunin is the one they call up I think Coyle moves to center and Kunin plays right wing.
I actually just fully read Russo’s latest article. Doesn’t think Kunin is ready to be called up.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Vancouver came calling with Boeser for Dumba do you pull the trigger?

It’s tempting but I still say no. If Boeser was a center then it’s a different story, but as it is, its harder to replace a guy like Dumba at his position than it is to find a player like Boeser at his.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It’s tempting but I still say no. If Boeser was a center then it’s a different story, but as it is, its harder to replace a guy like Dumba at his position than it is to find a player like Boeser at his.
I suppose so. Though RW is still an organizational need. Maybe even more so than center. I just don’t see why anyone would trade a similar quality center for Dumba. Just think centers have way more value.
Watch a lot of Iowa games do ya?
I bet you don’t.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I suppose so. Though RW is still an organizational need. Maybe even more so than center. I just don’t see why anyone would trade a similar quality center for Dumba. Just think centers have way more value.

I bet you don’t.
I know that I don't, but then I'm not the one claiming that he's good at things he doesn't even do.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I bet you don’t.

I would say at this point center is a more important need than right wing. Staal and Koivu are 34 and 35. Who knows how much longer they'll play at these levels. After that we have Eriksson Ek who doesn't belong in the NHL right now, and then after that we have McBain and Khovanov who are years away from a top 6 role, if they ever even make it that high. I think we have a little more options as far as guys who could play RW in the future (Granlund, Kunin, Kaprizov, Sokolov, Greenway)

Reactions: 2Pair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad