Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
If the pens get Bunting in the Guentzel package. I wouldn't mind a reunion. Guy played with so much heart.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
So keep the 1st. or track down a real dirt bag who can play?
How about someone who can put the puck in the net

Tavares has lost a step. Domi and Bertuzzi can’t drive offense.

We aren’t getting a number one D

Find someone who can produce because we lack it deep in the lineup

McMann needs to come out. Reaves needs to come out

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't mind trading Liljegren because his progression has flat lined or we don't want to pay him on his next contract

But for a rental like Dumba? Get bent he's worth more than that and no way in hell I'd essentially give him away for free

Reactions: BallardEra

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
What forwards are you guys circling?

My hope is we get Dowd, my expectation is we get Blackwell lol.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
At this point I hope we just sit this out.

3 3 5 6

For repetitive pieces makes no sense

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Under no circumstances can brodie and lily be on the playoff roster. Don't care how tre does it but it needs to happen.

Reactions: rumman

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't mind trading Liljegren because his progression has flat lined or we don't want to pay him on his next contract

But for a rental like Dumba? Get bent he's worth more than that and no way in hell I'd essentially give him away for free

Liljegren has, at the very least, Sandin level value. At the very least. I can admit he's been very up and down lately but I still think he's a valuable RHD defenseman that can be pretty solid for the next 4-6 years at a pretty affordable cap hit. He's still fairly young.

He's not untouchable or anything, but I would be very disappointed if they give up on him for some ogre that can't make a play. If they want to change things up, it better be worth it.

Dubas traded Sandin for McCabe essentially. That was well worth it.

Reactions: Kiwi

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A RHD can be just as valuable to his current team as he may be in a trade. I'm definitely hoping that Treliving retains Liljegren.

Reactions: aingefan

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Treliving probably will target someone like Luke Kunin or Max Jones or Zach Sanford and we'll wonder why there's no depth scoring

Max Jones would be nice. I’d rather have used the 3rd today for Duclair and traded for Jones as well. McCann was a nice story but it’s over now. Leafs did need D but they needed young physical RHD not an over the hill physical LHD who can’t be trusted to stay healthy. If anyone is expecting Muzzin, be prepared to be disappointed

As for what’s next. It’s either a huge shock like Brodie/Lil gone and big pieces added while recouping picks with Brodie/Lil or we get a forechecking 4th liner. Ideally a mix of both while dumping Kampf would be nice. I like and think Lil will be solid, his progression just don’t mesh well with our win now approach

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Max Jones would be nice. I’d rather have used the 3rd today for Duclair and traded for Jones as well. McCann was a nice story but it’s over now. Leafs did need D but they needed young physical RHD not an over the hill physical LHD who can’t be trusted to stay healthy. If anyone is expecting Muzzin, be prepared to be disappointed

As for what’s next. It’s either a huge shock like Brodie/Lil gone and big pieces added while recouping picks with Brodie/Lil or we get a forechecking 4th liner. Ideally a mix of both while dumping Kampf would be nice. I like and think Lil will be solid, his progression just don’t mesh well with our win now approach

Max Jones kinda just sucks. He's just a guy. Doesn't PK or play meaningful minutes. Can't score or make plays. He can hit I guess.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Why do people keep talking about Brodie not being here? He’s absolutely going to be here, and be in the game 1 roster against Boston. Take it to the bank

Reactions: Rude Dog

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Treliving probably will target someone like Luke Kunin or Max Jones or Zach Sanford and we'll wonder why there's no depth scoring

Oof, I don't like that none of those guys are great penalty killers. Kunin would be okay I Guess. Just need to make the money work.

Girgensons is another guy I could see in the mix.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
I think the caps would be a good trading partner for Lilly and Robertson. Maybe we can get Pacioretty and a D

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
He's been God awful for 18 months. But I agree, he'll 100% be there. He'll cost us as well.
I feel bad for TJ. There’s a lot going on in his life off the ice, and I honestly can’t imagine I would be handling it any better. He hasn’t been good enough consistently, but he’s had his moments. I just wish he could make it happen

Reactions: All Mod Cons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad