Trades and Proposals 2016 TDD Kick-off V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
With the way things are going we could have nothing left to sell come deadline day lol. What a deal by Lou and management. 2 2nds for Polak and Spalding. Realistically speaking Polak is worth a late 3rd early 4th for how much he provides (at least on a bad team, perhaps he is going to be better on a team with talent) and spaling was worth a 6th at best. We have 5 2nd round picks in the next 3 years. Love how the management is making sure not be coming satasfied with an already great.prospect pool. We're going to be really dangerous I'm a few years with Hunter drafting.

Yes we will. That's why you keep a Kadri, JVR and Holland. These guys are still young enough to be part of the core when our picks develop.

I think it would be a mistake to trade Kadri or JVR. Kadri's setup against Philly last game was just out of this world. The kid has skill and in a bit more time he will be a quality two way player under Babcocks guidance.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yes we will. That's why you keep a Kadri, JVR and Holland. These guys are still young enough to be part of the core when our picks develop.

I think it would be a mistake to trade Kadri or JVR. Kadri's setup against Philly last game was just out of this world. The kid has skill and in a bit more time he will be a quality two way player under Babcocks guidance.

Kadri JVR but who cares about Holland?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Friedman is doing an AMA right now, and he's mentioned Kadri twice.

One saying he could see Kadri moving as a deal no one sees coming

And then said he's curious about Kadri and St Louis

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007

Love it. Kid goes pointless in his previous 5 games but OH MY GAWD THAT SETUP! A bit of time, a bit of time, a bit of time.

Look our roster shouldn't be based on the context of 'we have no one so keep them'.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Wouldn't surprise me if Lou Lam has lines in the water for both Kadri and Bozak, get some nibbles and see what he could reel in.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

It depends on what you get for them. I'd never regret trading Kadri, JVR, Holland or Gardiner as long as you get the right value for them. If something comes up at the draft, and it's really good, I think a deal is all but done for any of those 4. JVR especially should be on the chopping block if he comes back strong from his injury. His contract has an NTC that you probably don't want to have to deal with.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Wouldn't surprise me if Lou Lam has lines in the water for both Kadri and Bozak, get some nibbles and see what he could reel in.

lou seems like the kind of gm that's sets a price

and as long as the offer is in that ballpark

they then work the little "wiggle room" parts of the deal and geet er done

no pretentious bidding war

and when the price is there

the sale is made.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
I actually like him. Prototypical third line center. Great defensively and can chip in here and there offensively.

Trade Bozak before him.

He's not great defensively. He's not even particularly good defensively. He's a totally average 3rd line center.

Trade both him and Bozak.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Love it. Kid goes pointless in his previous 5 games but OH MY GAWD THAT SETUP! A bit of time, a bit of time, a bit of time.

Look our roster shouldn't be based on the context of 'we have no one so keep them'.

Would you call the Hawks keeping Sharp, who obviously played for some awful Hawks teams, a good move?

We have no one, but that's also a reason why we can't say with certainty that player can't play a prominent role in a future team where we do have players. Some of the best players have played for horrid teams, good managing would involve not only identifying these players, but also getting the most out of them.

Does Kadri's value appreciate playing with 4th liners or alongside players who can keep up with him?

OvenMittz*

Would you call the Hawks keeping Sharp, who obviously played for some awful Hawks teams, a good move?

We have no one, but that's also a reason why we can't say with certainty that player can't play a prominent role in a future team where we do have players. Some of the best players have played for horrid teams, good managing would involve not only identifying these players, but also getting the most out of them.

Does Kadri's value appreciate playing with 4th liners or alongside players who can keep up with him?
If one of those so called 4th liners are out producing him.. What does that mean ?

OvenMittz*

If Kadri and JVR can return us a young top 4 Dman with potential to be a top 2... We should pull the trigger.. We are running thin on the back end.

So what does St Louis have in the back that can help us in our rebuild?

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
If it's St. Louis with Kadri, I think it would be for Shattenkirk. Not sure if straight up would work, but it would be close.

Personally, I like the deal. We need some vets on the team, and Shattenkirk is only 27, RHD and would easily be our best defender. His presence takes the pressure off Reilly until he is ready. Great top pairing of Reilly-Shattenkirk.

I personally would keep Bozak of all the centers we have. He's great at faceoffs and is a solid 3rd line center who could play 2nd line if needed until the kids graduate. Again, we need veterans sprinkled throughout the roster, or we end up like Edmonton.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
If Kadri and JVR can return us a young top 4 Dman with potential to be a top 2... We should pull the trigger.. We are running thin on the back end.

I get that we're in full rebuild mode, but you folks are suggesting we just be the Oilers and sell everything.

You realize we'll have no veteran talent or leadership on this team?

JVR and Kadri fit just fine in age and talent, to be pieces moving forward.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Jordan Schmaltz is the only young player I see fitting a need. Parayko is off the table. Shatterkirk could be an option but it's doubtful. There's no way we even come close to getting Pietrangelo. The rest are all defenders we have all ready have, more or less, and not very valuable.

Honestly, I just don't see a fit for the Blues to do this at all either.

I don't think there's much there.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I get that we're in full rebuild mode, but you folks are suggesting we just be the Oilers and sell everything.

You realize we'll have no veteran talent or leadership on this team?

JVR and Kadri fit just fine in age and talent, to be pieces moving forward.

It's amazing how clueless some people really are.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Jordan Schmaltz is the only young player I see fitting a need. Parayko is off the table. Shatterkirk could be an option but it's doubtful. There's no way we even come close to getting Pietrangelo. The rest are all defenders we have all ready have, more or less, and not very valuable.

Honestly, I just don't see a fit for the Blues to do this at all either.

I don't think there's much there.

Barbashev + 1st would be intriguing. I would like a defenseman, but Schmaltz is more of what we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad