Trades and Proposals 2016 TDD Kick-off V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
James Mirtle
@mirtle
For what it's worth, recent Leafs games haven't had a ton of scouts in attendance. Not like this. twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug…

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Teams with scouts at Oiler game tonight : Stars Preds Sabres Habs Flames Panthers Leafs Bruins Jets Coyotes Jackets Rangers Wings

Pfft. They just want a reason to watch McDavid. :sarcasm:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Pfft. They just want a reason to watch McDavid. :sarcasm:

Or maybe they are watching the good team: Anaheim. Sure they've got their big name young guys, but they have little in terms of rentals or depth players available. They are mainly lower end quality with sizable cap hits.

I also doubt Justin Schultz is getting as much attention as people are saying he is. He has always sucked defensively, and his offensive production doesn't make up for it. This year, he doesn't have any offensive production, and he somehow found a way to be even worse defensively.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I am starting to hate the Dion trade, as it got me excited about more trades are coming. A week gone by, and nothing. Someone just start trading already.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I am starting to hate the Dion trade, as it got me excited about more trades are coming. A week gone by, and nothing. Someone just start trading already.

Well something to get excited about is the possibility to get something out of Arcobello. Nothing super spectacular (5-7 round pick at most), but it's better than nothing. After all, we got something out of Jokinen and Holzer, and in Holzer's case he was never even going to play for his team (out for the season with an injury).

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I like Holland but I wonder what we can get from them, if it's a good deal, I guess everyone is on the block?

I don't think we trade Holland to Pittsburgh. I think he makes more sense to a Vancouver or New Jersey; a team that can use some young NHLers with good upside and the desire to spend future assets for a longer term guy.

Same sort of teams that will probably go after a Kadri, except obviously for a strong top 6/9 C/W than a high end 2C.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Also, for the potential pieces from Pittsburgh who I think we would be targeting:

Any pick that is appropriate for the value of the trade.

Goalies: Matt Murray and Tristan Jarry
Defensemen: Derrick Pouliot
Wingers: Daniel Sprong, Scott Wilson, Dominik Simon
Centers: Oskar Sundqvist, Blaine Byron, Jean-Sebastian Dea, Teddy Blueger, Jake Guentzel, Anthony Angello

And not even all of those guys should be primary targets. Really, if we are looking at guys that have a good shot at being better than what we've got, we are looking at Murray, Jarry, Pouliot, Sprong, Guentzel and Blueger. The others have some question marks or are not clearly better than what we have.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Holland is a RFA.

So is Kadri But in a rebuild if you can maximize your pending players, that are looking for new contracts and especially if they want big money and long term, you deal them and get on with the rebuild.

I don't know what Holland will be looking for in his next contract but he has to be worth the money and term, it will determine two things, his worth to you and what his trade value is worth to another team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Ladd is the "big name" but honestly looking a the numbers, PAP and he are very similar in numbers (1 more goal for PAP, 2 more Assists for Ladd) - but PAP makes 1.5

truthfully - retain 50% and get something awesome

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Hoping for 2 additional 2nd rounders from Polak, and PAP

Anything else is gravy.

Pretty much. One in 2016 and one in 2016, to be realistic.

I'm also hoping for some mid/late picks too, but which ones and for which players I don't much care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad