Trades and Proposals 2016 TDD Kick-off V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Rumor has it on Hockey Central at noon that Nashville looking for a quality backup going into playoffs to push the under achieving Rinne. Reimer maybe???

They were saying that Rinne played his best hockey with Ellis backing him up and knowing he could be replaced at any time.

2nd and prospect for Reimer from Nashville??

IDK what the return would be

but Reims to nash , is very possible.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Friedman in his AMA fielding ducks questions and regarding unexpected deals.

Elliotte_Friedman 3 points a minute ago
To my knowledge, not that close.
The owners love him. And, Bob Murray, to his credit, did not want to do it. Murray let his last coach be the fall guy for his players. He did not want to do it again -- why not force people to try and work together? Impressed that it worked.
I do think we will get one bombshell no one sees coming. I wonder about Jacob Trouba. I also wonder about Nazem Kadri.

Elliotte is the best in the business

to bad the idiot works for the wrong company:sarcasm:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Whatever they offer and we accept... I say throw Granberg back our way and dish out Carrick or something.

Clune would be a player Poile probably wouldn't mind taking back as depth. He played there for a long time.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Kadri for barrie.

Do it.

I like Barrie a lot. That's the kind of player I'd want coming back if we were to trade Kadri. But I'd much rather have Kadri AND Barrie. As another poster said, can't see Colorado wanting Kadri anyway.

Colorado might want to move Barrie anyway though, if he's asking for more on his next contract than they're willing to give. I'll assume they are, because otherwise there's no deal to be made.

We're not going to get a young, top pairing defenseman for nothing, but hopefully we can get him at 90 cents on the dollar.

Tyson Barrie

for

PIT 2016 1st (15-19 OA)
Peter Holland
Andreus Johnson, Dmytro Timashov or a similar prospect
Viktor Loov

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I like Barrie a lot. That's the kind of player I'd want coming back if we were to trade Kadri. But I'd much rather have Kadri AND Barrie. As another poster said, can't see Colorado wanting Kadri anyway.

Colorado might want to move Barrie anyway though, if he's asking for more on his next contract than they're willing to give. I'll assume they are, because otherwise there's no deal to be made.

We're not going to get a young, top pairing defenseman for nothing, but hopefully we can get him at 90 cents on the dollar.

Tyson Barrie

for

PIT 2016 1st (15-19 OA)
Peter Holland
Andreus Johnson, Dmytro Timashov or a similar prospect
Viktor Loov

Trouba is the perfect fit for us. If Kadri involved can land us Trouba, I do it.
He's the right age along with Rielly, 94 birthday which leaves our D just a little older than our incoming forwards, Nylander,Marner,2016 1st etc.
I also believe we will target a top 4 D (age appropriate). Can't see them not giving Babcock someone else to count on D wise. Not an 18 year old rookie either. But slightly older, 22-24 years old wise.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Aren't we close to the cap floor ? any trade from now on, need to have an equivalent cap hit !!

We are not. We're almost the the top of the cap ceiling, we just went under the cap limit with todays trade.

The joys of having players on LTIR.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Kadri for Trouba.

Sounds about right for us.Winnipeg should be able to sign Kadri for $5M. Leafs then sign Staal?

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
whats up with the man crush on E. Staal
common leafs fans - he is done

Agreed. Don't need him.

Trade our aging assets for young assets and picks. Sign under 26 assets.

Draft well.

Don't sign or trade for has beens. Been there done that.

Keep this ship sailing like it is. I like what's going on.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I dont see how Kadri who is a RFA with only 1 year of control left could get us Trouba. It would be awesome if possible for many different reasons but I guess a lot of other pieces would have to be added.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Trouba is the perfect fit for us. If Kadri involved can land us Trouba, I do it.
He's the right age along with Rielly, 94 birthday which leaves our D just a little older than our incoming forwards, Nylander,Marner,2016 1st etc.
I also believe we will target a top 4 D (age appropriate). Can't see them not giving Babcock someone else to count on D wise. Not an 18 year old rookie either. But slightly older, 22-24 years old wise.

Trouba's still coasting on his first year in the league. This year, he's not even doing as well as he was two years ago. Not only do I think Barrie will be cheaper to acquire than Trouba, I also think he's better.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
With the way things are going we could have nothing left to sell come deadline day lol. What a deal by Lou and management. 2 2nds for Polak and Spalding. Realistically speaking Polak is worth a late 3rd early 4th for how much he provides (at least on a bad team, perhaps he is going to be better on a team with talent) and spaling was worth a 6th at best. We have 5 2nd round picks in the next 3 years. Love how the management is making sure not be coming satasfied with an already great.prospect pool. We're going to be really dangerous I'm a few years with Hunter drafting.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I dont see how Kadri who is a RFA with only 1 year of control left could get us Trouba. It would be awesome if possible for many different reasons but I guess a lot of other pieces would have to be added.

It's a fantasy predicated on the fallacy that Kadri is in fact a #1C. Interesting bit about Bozak and Anaheim though.... wonder if Montour's name is in there.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
He is better than Kadri.

Lou talked about the need for vets. If we traded Kadri we would not only be thin on vets our C would be non existent.I think Staal offers a reasonable stopgap should he be traded.The more I think about Stamkos at $12M forever, the less I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad