Trades and Proposals 2016 TDD Kick-off V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Winnik got 2.25x2, Raymond got 3.15x3. Not willing to give either of those deals to Parenteau, considering he'd be 35 by the time the 2017-2018 season is over. But Santorelli got 0.7x1, which would be great to get Parenteau back for. I'd be willing to give him more, so long as the term is one year. How he does with the team he's traded to will determine his contract size next year.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leafs were reportedly interested in bringing back Santorelli as well but he took less to go to a contender.

Unless PAP takes another 1 year deal, I doubt the Leafs will have much interest. They have a lot wingers coming up and likely won't have much roster space to bring him in.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Assuming no trades of guys with term, and all our pending UFAs leave. These are the NHLers still in place for next year, ill add Zaitsev to the group just because it sounds like he's a virtual lock.

JVR-Bozak-Lupul
Michalek-Kadri-Komarov
Holland-XXX-XXX
Greening-Froese-Winnik

Rielly-Hunwick
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Cowen-Corrado-
Marincin

Bernier
XXX

Doesnt leave much room at all for rookies, let alone UFA signings, or trades. So out of the guys under contract or with RFA status, who do we trade? Who do we bury in the minors? Who do we buy out? And you have to be realistic, cant just say trade Lupul for a pick, I dont think anybody takes him unless we retain pretty much a full 50% of his caphit.

The way I see it, Id prefer for the majority of of Lupul, Greening, Michalek, Cowen, and/or Marincin to be off the roster. Theyre just taking up spots that our top prospects or better free agents could be filling. Marincin is easy to move, the others not so much.

The roster will be quite different come training camp and not every single youngster should be with the big club come Game 1. Some of them will get injury call ups or late season call ups.

Even with your roster there is a lot of opportunity.

Michalek + Lupul will miss time due to injuries.

Winnik, Michalek, Hunwick would all be gone next deadline.

Greening can easily be waived and sent down to the minors. If a youngster can't beat him out for a spot that youngster shouldn't be in the NHL.

That D is very young and the only two Marlie D pushing for roster spots next season are Loov (23) + Percy (22) who are right around the same age as Corrado (22) + Marincin (24) so may the best performers win the roster spots.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
That really seems like a stretch and highly unlikely but stranger things have happened. Cap dump, maybe. Prospect, doubtful.

I wouldn't put money on it.

Just heard on Hockey Central at noon Kyper stating exactly what I said. The latest two deals the Leafs have made have forced teams to re-evaluate things. The cost of acquiring players at the trade deadline has changed.

Getting a second and prospect for Parenteau has become more of a possibility then ever.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Rumor has it on Hockey Central at noon that Nashville looking for a quality backup going into playoffs to push the under achieving Rinne. Reimer maybe???

They were saying that Rinne played his best hockey with Ellis backing him up and knowing he could be replaced at any time.

2nd and prospect for Reimer from Nashville??

OvenMittz*

Rumor has it on Hockey Central at noon that Nashville looking for a quality backup going into playoffs to push the under achieving Rinne. Reimer maybe???

They were saying that Rinne played his best hockey with Ellis backing him up and knowing he could be replaced at any time.

If that prospect is a young Dman with potential I'll take it and run. Reimers going to want an overpayment anyway.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Same as all Edmonton GM"s...

So what exactly is Chiarelli doing?

Ducks are still looking for offense up front.

Is Lou going to beat Chia to the punch?

Chiarelli is staring into the headlights(save me McDavid) like a stunned dear before roadkill .....

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Very possible.

Hutton, Dougherty and a conditional 2016 3rd round pick (turns into a 2nd if they win a series or two) for Reimer and Clune (Former Predator). Something along those lines.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Friedman in his AMA fielding ducks questions and regarding unexpected deals.

Elliotte_Friedman 3 points a minute ago
To my knowledge, not that close.
The owners love him. And, Bob Murray, to his credit, did not want to do it. Murray let his last coach be the fall guy for his players. He did not want to do it again -- why not force people to try and work together? Impressed that it worked.
I do think we will get one bombshell no one sees coming. I wonder about Jacob Trouba. I also wonder about Nazem Kadri.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Spoke to Doug Armstrong this morning. He won't hide Steen on the injury list until playoffs like CHI did with Patrick Kane. He said when Steen is ready to play, he will play...same with Steve Ott.
So, he's tight to the cap...I'd be very curious to see Kadri in a STL uniform.

To my knowledge, not that close.
The owners love him. And, Bob Murray, to his credit, did not want to do it. Murray let his last coach be the fall guy for his players. He did not want to do it again -- why not force people to try and work together? Impressed that it worked.
I do think we will get one bombshell no one sees coming. I wonder about Jacob Trouba. I also wonder about Nazem Kadri.

From the AMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad