Trades and Free Agent talk- 6 days to deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
He posts strictly regarding the Leafs. There's 2 things I can see happening, and I hope I'm wrong but I have a weird feeling if this is true, it's going to be for either, Subban or Doughty.
Might have been covered already but you're right in that he called the Campbell trade. Friedge also credited him but obviously refused to say the name as its a burner account, but speculation is that he has ties to a player in the org.

Supposedly his Twitter account showed ties to the Dallas area so people are guessing Campbell is his source (drafted there).

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Lindholm would be a wet dream Stickty, I'd fly from New Zealand to Anaheim, pick him up and deliver him to Toronto I want him so bad

Manson would be big I guess, I'm not sure what he's worth though
Prices on him are all over the place from the "pundits"
now thats some fan dedication lol!

Reactions: Kiwi

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Manson and Seversson aren't big.

Subban or Lindholm are big.

Manson is better than Subban at this stage of their careers.

Dont let this Manson coming off an injury fool you into thinking he's bad. There's a reason The Ducks don't want to give up Manson and love him "more than some people love their wives". Exact quote from Friedman.

Manson would 100% be a massive move. I just still dont see it happening from Anaheim's side

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Maybe. If Johnsson was going the other way, then perhaps a Wood would make some sense (although not a ton of sense). Remember that this team is flush with LW. Hyman, Mikheyev, Engvall, Clifford, Johnsson and possibly Kerfoot.

A center would make a lot more sense, but Jersey does not really possess those types at this point in time. Zajac is not our guy, Zacha is more of a winger IMO, and Hughes/Hischier are untouchable.
Presumably, any deal with a RD with term coming back would include Kap, so Wood could make sense with Hyman moving to the right wing. (Or sliding Duszak there. J/k, for now).

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Presumably, any deal with a RD with term coming back would include Kap, so Wood could make sense with Hyman moving to the right wing. (Or sliding Duszak there. J/k, for now).

:shakehead

I don't think they touch Hyman when he has been stellar in the top 6. Engvall can move to the RW, but it's still a lot of LW's. If you trade one of Johnsson or Kapanen (and move Engvall to RW in his stead), and kept Kerfoot at center, then you still have Hyman, Mikheyev, Johnsson/Engvall and Clifford before adding Wood.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Severson isn't even good lmao, you people are in for a rude surprise. We have Holl, and Liljegren. You people think Severson is going to be our top pairing RD?

Good luck.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I’ve got nothing on this one.

Thats either Dubas’ burner account or a random troll that took a swing and a miss, but backed it up with the tweet of “deals fall apart”.

Severson was allegedly nearly a Leaf prior to the Barrie / Brodie discussions, so there is legs there and could continue that trend also.

Manson will continue to be an option, but not at the price point they want for the Mason of two years ago.

Brodin could sneak into discussions also.

Andreas going down might have forced Dubas into a certain direction in trade talks which is never a good feeling.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’ve got nothing on this one.

Thats either Dubas’ burner account or a random troll that took a swing and a miss, but backed it up with the tweet of “deals fall apart”.

Severson was nearly a Leaf prior to the Barrie / Brodie discussions, so there is legs there and could continue that trend also.

Manson will continue to be an option, but not at the price point they want for the Mason of two years ago.

Andreas going down might have forced Dubas into a certain direction in trade talks which is never a good feeling.

So what you are saying is we are 1000% getting Damon Severson.

Awesome!

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I'm getting excited for what may potentially happen... If nothing no happens oh well, but still.
Let's see what's gonna happen!

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
PEARSON HORVAT TOFFOLI
MILLER PETTERSSON BOESER/VIRTANEN

Impressive top six for the Canucks

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Id be happier with Miles Wood than any D coming from NJ, would probably make AJ available in trade as well.

Also with the amount of cap space NJ has, I wouldnt be surprised if it was a retained Subban

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Id be happier with Miles Wood than any D coming from NJ, would probably make AJ available in trade as well.

Also with the amount of cap space NJ has, I wouldnt be surprised if it was a retained Subban

Really? I would would much rather have Severson than Wood.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
See personally. I am of the mind I want dubas to stand pat. Unless it is a clear win.

We have thrown so much at this season. New coach. New goalie etc. To be competitive

The players have to want it..... no help is coming. Sink or swim. Let them fight to get in or miss the playoffs and see how your fancy numbers are working for you on the golf course.

A summer being pissed off and soul searching. on commitment to winning wouldn’t be the worst.

My weird prediction is we miss by a hair then win a lotto pick. Don’t know why but i have thought this for a while

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Severson isn't even good lmao, you people are in for a rude surprise. We have Holl, and Liljegren. You people think Severson is going to be our top pairing RD?

Good luck.

With Vatanen apparently outbound I don't think there is any chance the Devils would move a younger RD with term. They want to add those guys, not subtract them. If its a NJ deal, I believe it is likely to be Subban. It could be Vatanen but I can't see them rolling him and Barrie both, and Vatanen is a rental which we have heard they are not interested in.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Id be happier with Miles Wood than any D coming from NJ

Lmao I was actually thinking the same thing.

Miles Wood is a Juiced up Version of Johnsson. Plays with more intensity and heart. Could be another Zach Hyman type of player for our top 6/9 if we could get him.

Reactions: The Podium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad