Trades and Free Agent talk- 6 days to deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota is looking for a top line Center in exchange for Matt Dumba , Nylander @4 more years of 6.94 m straight up for Dumba @ 3 more years of 6m .

P.S. Nylander was drafted as a Center .

Mod Edit

Last edited by a moderator:

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Picking up off the other thread.

If guess if points are your main concern then perhaps the Kadri deal is ok. Two probably will out score one. For me it has more layers to it then that. Cap hits, contracts, positional need and usage.

The trade is TBD for me. Barrie isn't likely to stay and Kerfoot isn't playing the position he was brought here for.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Damn I like that kid too his PIMs equal his points every year lol ! All chirping aside Nylander for Dumba is a good trade for both sides , they both get what they are looking for and nobody gets burned on the cqp too bad either .

I'm not so sure that is a good trade from the Leafs perspective. Dumba has had one (and a half due to injury) seasons as anything really close to a top pairing guy, and he was far from a stellar one. He's not a top pairing quality guy this year, and has not been one before two years ago either.

If we lacked a guy like him, then maybe, but we already have a better version in Rielly. I would not trade Nylander for anything short of a legit top pairing guy at this point, and I am not convinced Dumba is a legit top pairing guy. I would rather look at secondary options like Manson, who definitely would not command someone like Nylander (and we may even be able to get without giving up Kapanen).

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Damn I like that kid too his PIMs equal his points every year lol ! All chirping aside Nylander for Dumba is a good trade for both sides , they both get what they are looking for and nobody gets burned on the cqp too bad either .
Would love Dumba, but that's gross for m Toronto's perspective.

Nylander's contract is very good value, and his style of play has grown immensely.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Would never happen, but what if:

Leafs - Bruins:
Kasperi Kapanen, Travis Dermott & Pick/Prospect
For
Brandon Carlo & Jake DeBrusk

Leafs get a greasy winger and potential top pair RHD, Bruins get their #2 RW and a LHD to play with McAvoy in the future that can currently play in the top 4.

DeBrusk - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Johnsson - Kerfoot - Spezza
Clifford - Gauthier - Engvall

Rielly - Carlo
Muzzin - Barrie
Sandin - Holl

Anderson
Campbell

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
@AwesomeMatthews Just so you know, Brandon Manning receives a pounding from everyone. He sucks at fighting. Even against non-fighters he usually takes more than he dishes, and the best move he has is to take punches and then wrestle the other guy down once he is off balance a bit.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Someone put up the Chuckwoods signal
full

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Johnsson, Bracco, Petan for a RD.

That's is all.

Mikheyev Matthews Marner
Hyman Tavares Nylander
Engvall Kerfoot Kapanen
Clifford Spezza Timashov
Gauthier Brooks Aberg

Rielly Barrie
Muzzin Holl
Sandin RD
Dermott Liljegren
Marincin Ceci

Campbell
Andersen
Hutchinson

Last edited:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Picking up off the other thread.

If guess if points are your main concern then perhaps the Kadri deal is ok. Two probably will out score one. For me it has more layers to it then that. Cap hits, contracts, positional need and usage.

The trade is TBD for me. Barrie isn't likely to stay and Kerfoot isn't playing the position he was brought here for.

Yup. In a vacuum it's not great, but then Barrie's at 50% this year, and Kerfoot replaces 75% of what Kadri would've been on this team as a 3C.

It's not a win but it's not a loss either.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Yup. In a vacuum it's not great, but then Barrie's at 50% this year, and Kerfoot replaces 75% of what Kadri would've been on this team as a 3C.

This is the world's dumbest logic.

It's like saying 4 10 goal scorers are equal to 1 40 goal scorer

Value is vastly different

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Well Kerfoot isn't replacing Kadri at all by playing wing with Tavares. The goal output isn't that close either.

Reactions: Duffman955

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I think snagging someone like Andy Greene would be smart ... grab him for cheap and move Dermott to the right side. Leafs need a no-nonsense dman and he's got a good amount of experience.

Reactions: cannucky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad