Trades and Free Agent talk- 6 days to deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I’ve got nothing on this one.

Thats either Dubas’ burner account or a random troll that took a swing and a miss, but backed it up with the tweet of “deals fall apart”.

Severson was allegedly nearly a Leaf prior to the Barrie / Brodie discussions, so there is legs there and could continue that trend also.

Manson will continue to be an option, but not at the price point they want for the Mason of two years ago.

Brodin could sneak into discussions also.

Andreas going down might have forced Dubas into a certain direction in trade talks which is never a good feeling.

I want to say thanks for coming in man, always appreciate the insight.

Apparently the Leafs went down to the wire on Subban when he was dealt from Nashville and NJD won by basically requiring zero retention.

Brodin would be way better than Dumba. Manson would be nice if the price is right.

Is Dermott expendable in management's eyes now, especially if Muzzin is re-signed?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Dubas does like his package deals. Campbell + Clifford. Barrie + Kerfoot. Tavares + Isles Fans Tears

lmaooo.

But yeah, with Johnsson going down for the rest of the season....and Keefe calling out the Team's depth due to Injuries last night....I have to think Dubas wants to acquire a Defenseman/Winger combo.

Could be a big deal if thats the case. COuld line up with the "huge" trade rumore

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
With Vatanen apparently outbound I don't think there is any chance the Devils would move a younger RD with term. They want to add those guys, not subtract them. If its a NJ deal, I believe it is likely to be Subban. It could be Vatanen but I can't see them rolling him and Barrie both, and Vatanen is a rental which we have heard they are not interested in.

Keep in mind that they do have Ty Smith coming up, and he almost exclusively plays RD in Spokane.

Plus they have Reilly Walsh, who is a very promising RD in the NCAA, and will have plenty of money available to chase after a RD in Free Agency. I am sure they are counting on Subban turning things around a little bit too.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
lmaooo.

But yeah, with Johnsson going down for the rest of the season....and Keefe calling out the Team's depth due to Injuries last night....I have to think Dubas wants to acquire a Defenseman/Winger combo.

Could be a big deal if thats the case. COuld line up with the "huge" trade rumore

Might be if Johnsson is going the other way to NJD they don't care about this year, they would just care he was healthy for the start of next year.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
lmaooo.

Also Johnsson out may not necessarily preclude him from a deal. A team like NJ may not really care about the injury since he is signed for a few years.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Is Dermott expendable in management's eyes now, especially if Muzzin is re-signed?

Certainly if Muzzin is re-signed. Dermott has no role with this team unless they feel like Sandin or Liljegren needs more time. I highly doubt they feel they do.

I feel like Dubas is going to pay a nice buriable one-way deal to a LD and a RD in UFA this year. Joakim Ryan, Cody Goloubef, Tim Heed, Alex Biega, etc. come to mind to pair with Marincin. Guys with the upside to potentially be solid bottom pairing defensemen in case of injury or ineffectiveness, but otherwise are quality veterans for the Marlies.

Rielly, new top 4 RD, Muzzin and Holl/Liljegren would be the top 4. Sandin and Holl/Liljegren would be the bottom pairing. One of the UFA's or Marincin would be the #7, while the other two are top 4 defensemen with Kivihalme and Lindgren on the Marlies.

The common proposal will likely be something like Johnsson/Kerfoot, Dermott and Bracco for Severson and Wood. Ceci could also go the other way, if Jersey finds any value in him. He could return before the end of the year and may return something in a trade possibly.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I want to say thanks for coming in man, always appreciate the insight.

Apparently the Leafs went down to the wire on Subban when he was dealt from Nashville and NJD won by basically requiring zero retention.

Brodin would be way better than Dumba. Manson would be nice if the price is right.

So the big name RHD was Subban? Thought Babs hate Subban and pretty much started the whole RHD and LHD thing.
Wondering what is the package for Subban and would that have any impact on signing AM, MM, KK and AJ to their contracts. Wonder what would it take for Devils to trade Subban to Leafs with 2-3mil retention. If Dubas can get Subban with retention for AJ and Barrie. That’s huge kudos.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I don’t see why NJ want to trade Wood and Severson. Both of them are hitting their prime with good terms. Rebuilding teams need players like them. Subban seems to be the odd man out if Devils are going to rebuild.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Both Ristolainen and Colin Miller looked good last night too.

If we want to target RD, Buffalo has some options too. Buffalo has reportedly been interested in Kerfoot in the Past

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I wanna go to bed but you sons-a-*****es have got me all horny for a leafs trade now...

Go to sleep, if it hasn't happened yet, it isn't happening. Leafs have a game tomorrow. I would bet on Weds or Fri between Leaf games.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Has Chuck Woods called any moves before? Not doubting, just want to know how much I wanna put stock into those for myself personally.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
PK Subban @ 4.5 mil
For
Kasperi Kapanen

I’d hate to trade Kapanen, but I really think Subban would be a great fit on our D.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

I would think he has to be. He has good potential, but he has regressed every year. I personally think he can still be a top 4 guy, but he has a lot of work to do. How many bottoms pairing defenseman are we going to carry next year? Sandin and Liljegren should both start next season in sheltered roles. Justin Holl is a good #5. If they all make the team next year, that already 1 guy playing over his head. Bringing in Dermott makes 2.

He still has value, so I think it’s best to use that before it diminishes more.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
We need a Philip Danault type C to man our 3rd line and match up against the top opposing lines.

Would love to have him.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
If you’re moving Kapanen, it’s for a need. That’s a steady top-3 defenseman, ideally right handed, like Connor Murphy or Josh Manson.

I highly doubt Manson is moved, and if he is it’ll cost Kap+.
If we settle on Murphy instead of Subban @50% I’d be hugely disappointed. Subban can still eat huge minutes, and still has his bomb from the point. Something that we’ve lacked forever.

Why always Kap?
It will be AJ before Kap, esp a team like Devils who is tanking.

Because Kapanen has much more value. Have to give to get.
I’d rather give up Johnsson no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad