Trades and Free Agent talk- 6 days to deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I highly doubt Manson is moved, and if he is it’ll cost Kap+.
If we settle on Murphy instead of Subban @50% I’d be hugely disappointed. Subban can still eat huge minutes, and still has his bomb from the point. Something that we’ve lacked forever.

Because Kapanen has much more value. Have to give to get.
I’d rather give up Johnsson no doubt
AJ and Kap are pretty much the same league wide. If anything, AJ is probably higher due to his offensive upside. Kap is more valuable to the Leafs bc he fits what Leafs needs more. Kap is Grabner 2.0 while AJ could be Hoffman 2.0.

TrueLakes

Feb 15, 2020
AJ and Kap are pretty much the same league wide. If anything, AJ is probably higher due to his offensive upside. Kap is more valuable to the Leafs bc he fits what Leafs needs more. Kap is Grabner 2.0 while AJ could be Hoffman 2.0.

Aj is injured! Highly doubt any team in need of wingers will take on him. Or any team for that matter.

Also we will have to give up kapanen & 2021 1st to probably get a top 4 d with these trading prices

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Aj is injured! Highly doubt any team in need of wingers will take on him. Or any team for that matter.

Also we will have to give up kapanen & 2021 1st to probably get a top 4 d with these trading prices
To me I think AJ injury might be an advantage for a tanking team.
If it is Subban with retention, I think Barrie and AJ might just do it. Either Devils find a trade partner for Barrie or a 3 ways deal. Barrie could fetch a 1st and a roster player/ A prospects, along with condition of another pick if he resigns.

TrueLakes

Feb 15, 2020
To me I think AJ injury might be an advantage for a tanking team.
If it is Subban with retention, I think Barrie and AJ might just do it. Either Devils find a trade partner for Barrie or a 3 ways deal. Barrie could fetch a 1st and a roster player/ A prospects, along with condition of another pick if he resigns.

Are you allowed to trade injured players in nhl? In mlb, nba, & nfl it's not allowed

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I highly doubt Manson is moved, and if he is it’ll cost Kap+.
If we settle on Murphy instead of Subban @50% I’d be hugely disappointed. Subban can still eat huge minutes, and still has his bomb from the point. Something that we’ve lacked forever

Murphy has been better that Manson over the last 2 seasons.

Reactions: Saint Blue

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I mean the other thing is dubas would have to convince devils interm gm who basically conned 2 teams into overpayment
I think Barrie and how much Devils willing to retain will be keys.
From the looks of it, Barrie should get a 1st rounder(which will be in the 20s, due to the team trading for him), a top prospect and a mid round pick. Like I said on another thread, I won’t be surprise Oilers will offer Bouchard, Poolparty and a mid rounder for Barrie.
Barrie is not a bad player but Leafs just have way too many injuries in the back end for Barrie to play to his strengths.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yes, for many years

First I can remember was the Beauchemin for Lupul+Gardiner

Havent followed as much recently, but pretty sure he brought up Campbell before it happened
He also called Kadri declining a trade to Calgary and then the Colorado trade.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I mean the other thing is dubas would have to convince devils interm gm who basically conned 2 teams into overpayment

Well one of them was Lou... Everyone can con Lou when it involves an over-the-hill vet.

And nothing about Brisebois suggests he is really a competent trader. I guess he got a 1st + 3rd out of JT Miller but that just looks like market more than anything, and VAN easily won that trade with how Miller has been playing. The rest are ho-hum trades that Dubas makes in his sleep.

Dubas has a much better record in trading than both.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I am literally thinking out loud here but if the Leafs are looking "ok" for the playoffs by Monday...

Maybe add a defenseman and see if you could deal Barrie to the Canes for 1 of their 1sts? They need RD help since Hamilton went down and Barrie is cheap on the cap.

Reactions: aingefan

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I think Barrie and how much Devils willing to retain will be keys.
From the looks of it, Barrie should get a 1st rounder(which will be in the 20s, due to the team trading for him), a top prospect and a mid round pick. Like I said on another thread, I won’t be surprise Oilers will offer Bouchard, Poolparty and a mid rounder for Barrie.
Barrie is not a bad player but Leafs just have way too many injuries in the back end for Barrie to play to his strengths.

If Edmonton actually offers that, turning it down is a fireable offense.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Honestly, as a Devils fan, I'd be moderately surprised by a trade of either Severson or Subban at this point. Obviously Vats should be gone, but I think this team is going to want some minute eaters on defense because we have some problems there and no immediate solutions, tbh. Severson's age still meshes with the rebuild, and he's got term and a good price. Subban just kind of exists to eat a lot of minutes at this point and get his teeth kicked in while doing it.

Reactions: ULF_55

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Honestly, as a Devils fan, I'd be moderately surprised by a trade of either Severson or Subban at this point. Obviously Vats should be gone, but I think this team is going to want some minute eaters on defense because we have some problems there and no immediate solutions, tbh. Severson's age still meshes with the rebuild, and he's got term and a good price. Subban just kind of exists to eat a lot of minutes at this point and get his teeth kicked in while doing it.
Do you think they will trade Subban for fair value or keep him?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Do you think they will trade Subban for fair value or keep him?

I just have a weird feeling that we will keep him this year. See if he rebuilds anything next year. I just don't know where his trade value would be that would honestly make it worth shipping him off to make it worth it. There's value in him playing a lot and getting his butt kicked for us every night lol.

I don't think that we are done trading, but there are more important guys to work on there. Palms because of the valuable return, and Vats because he's a rental. I think a PK trade could be complicated.

Reactions: SprDaVE

HC7

May 2, 2018
I am literally thinking out loud here but if the Leafs are looking "ok" for the playoffs by Monday...

Maybe add a defenseman and see if you could deal Barrie to the Canes for 1 of their 1sts? They need RD help since Hamilton went down and Barrie is cheap on the cap.

Buddy the Leafs need 10 times more help on D than the Canes.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I just have a weird feeling that we will keep him this year. See if he rebuilds anything next year. I just don't know where his trade value would be that would honestly make it worth shipping him off to make it worth it. There's value in him playing a lot and getting his butt kicked for us every night lol.

I don't think that we are done trading, but there are more important guys to work on there. Palms because of the valuable return, and Vats because he's a rental. I think a PK trade could be complicated.

I do not think there is any incentive for New Jersey to trade Subban at this point. Might as well keep him.

Severson, if he gets some young NHL pieces like what we can offer, maybe makes some sense. Especially since New Jersey seems to have more high end prospects on defense than on the wing at this point... Well I guess Nolan Foote plus the returns on Vatanen and Palmieri too, but I like Jersey's defensive prospects more than most of their forwards at this point. That's mostly from watching Binghamton and Ty Smith though. Smith should be an NHLer next year and he plays the RD in Spokane almost exclusively.

Reactions: Forge

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Ah mike litorus followed up with the hallowed “trades fall through” back up plan did he/she? What a surprise. This twitter account, if legit, has to nail this trade minimum 24 hours before anyone else. No “trades fall through” that’s Eklund shit against the wall trope

Sundin92

Jan 25, 2020
Heard on TSN that the 2021 1st round pick may be on the table. Hope Dubas doesn’t make a panic trade if we the boys get a beatdown this week. BRUTAL BRUTAL schedule.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Ah mike litorus followed up with the hallowed “trades fall through” back up plan did he/she? What a surprise. This twitter account, if legit, has to nail this trade minimum 24 hours before anyone else. No “trades fall through” that’s Eklund **** against the wall trope
Its worth a shot though. If he strikes gold again he could probably build an entire career out of this. If not then he's just another guy that got lucky once.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Heard on TSN that the 2021 1st round pick may be on the table. Hope Dubas doesn’t make a panic trade if we the boys get a beatdown this week. BRUTAL BRUTAL schedule.

only way I trade the 2021 1st is if we are a getting a top dman and then moving Barrie for a 1st we can’t go 3 years without a first

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Its worth a shot though. If he strikes gold again he could probably build an entire career out of this. If not then he's just another guy that got lucky once.

eklund did it, I wonder how much he makes per year. He called maybe 3 things right? One of those was lockout related I believe so yeah this guy could be hoping for the same luck to build a website off of

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
only way I trade the 2021 1st is if we are a getting a top dman and then moving Barrie for a 1st we can’t go 3 years without a first
Our last 7 first round picks are all on the roster. I can't think of another teams that's been that good in the first round. If any team can afford to miss one or two, it might be us.

Plus Robertson is playing better than most 1st rounders from last year anyways and Abramov is tearing up the Q.

If you draft well the difference between a late 1st and 2nd's / 3rd's doesn't matter a whole lot.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
eklund did it, I wonder how much he makes per year. He called maybe 3 things right? One of those was lockout related I believe so yeah this guy could be hoping for the same luck to build a website off of
I remember watching one trade deadline and he was 2 for 23 at one point on his predictions lol He sold the website a few years ago I believe.

Reactions: Walshy7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad