Trades and Free Agency - 2022/2023 Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Saros playing backup and a few Nashville fans are speculating a possible trade?

I’m assuming we’d be interested and would probably have Murray included. If a possible deal were to happen, what would a realistic package look like?

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
We need to solidify our goaltending. All those deals we made will be all for not if we don’t upgrade our most important position.

Samsonov has had a great year for us but not sure if he can step up his game come playoffs and games like last night aren’t cementing himself as a true #1.

Murray, I think could be amazing for us in the playoffs, I just worry if he will even be an option for us (due to his injury history).

And there is no way Woll or anyone else in our system is going to able to compete with the Vasilevskiy’s, Ullmarks’s, and Shesterkin’s.

Here’s how I see it, if you can acquire someone like Saros, or Demko or maybe even a retained Gibson you should do it. With the way all these trade have been going we definitely have the assets to pull of a move to sure up our goaltending.

I’d suggest Robertson + Boston ‘s 1st + Král + Murray (cap purposes) for Saros if they are tearing it down. Heck, if we could also get Trenin somehow too I’d consider moving Knies (if Dubas knows he isn’t coming this year).

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009

I’m assuming we’d be interested and would probably have Murray included. If a possible deal were to happen, what would a realistic package look like?
Saros would be an awesome pick up for sure.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Saros + Trenin would be unreal…. and highly unlikely, unfortunately. Just hoping that Dubas has one more hour for magic in him.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019

I would guess Nashville would ask for our 1st Knies and either another draft pick or b prospect.

Saros makes 5 million for this year and 2 more. Is a top goalie on a great contract. We would have to send them Murray to make cap work.

I would trade 1st Minten and any other prospect beside Knies but I doubt Nashville would do that.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
However, his play has come on as this season has worn on – so it’s no guarantee he’s moved.
Are we talking about the same Justin Holl? Because his play this year has waffled between below average and absolute garbage...

He needs to be the 6th/7th D-man, and he needs to play his role. But Keefe refuses to do EITHER...

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

I doubt the Leafs will make a Murray trade unless it's a clear cut upgrade, like bringing in a starter. If anything the Leafs would likely look to bring in an upgrade over Woll as the #3 for a mid to late pick,

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Who is saying that?

And there's no way we can make it work nor is goaltending an issue.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I would guess Nashville would ask for our 1st Knies and either another draft pick or b prospect.

Saros makes 5 million for this year and 2 more. Is a top goalie on a great contract. We would have to send them Murray to make cap work.

I would trade 1st Minten and any other prospect beside Knies but I doubt Nashville would do that.
To be honest, I think Saros is the only target where I could seriously see having Knies in the deal.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
The leafs must have another trade up their sleeves. Are they going to ride 9 dman and 12 forwards the rest of the season? Once Murray is activated how much cap space do they have?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
To be honest, I think Saros is the only target where I could seriously see having Knies in the deal.

Goaltending is the last thing I would completely overpay for myself. Especially a 5'11" goaltender but hey... hard to argue, he's a top tier goaltender for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad