BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
McCabe > Muzzin
Schenn > Holl
Lafferty > Engvall
Acciari > Kerfoot

ROR was an outright upgrade. It sucks to lose Sandin, but he has no spot. Schenn is a far better player at coming on and off the bench with consistency.

They just need to send out Kerfoot for a LW scorer. I've been asking for a better goalie for years, but maybe they just wait for Woll at this point.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't know why I never thought about it before.

Since the Leafs have just enough cap to fit Knies, it's really not impossible they just recall Holmberg for the next few weeks and send him down when Knies signs. And then keep all their pieces for the run.

There carrying to many defenseman, having nine guys is going to become a dressing room problem as guys start sitting for long periods of time

They need to move one and were still short a middle 6 forward, don't know who's available but we are

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
It makes a lot more sense now. I thought roster size only expanded when the playoffs started.
Yeah it definitely makes things a lot easier for us. Timmins taking up a roster spot would have been more difficult if they wanted to keep the other guys for the playoffs without the roster expansion.

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
There carrying to many defenseman, having nine guys is going to become a dressing room problem as guys start sitting for long periods of time

They need to move one and were still short a middle 6 forward, don't know who's available but we are

In theory I agree. It'll depend what shakes tomorrow I suppose. Looking at the list of trade bait players from TSN and DailyFaceoff, it's not good.

Reactions: Kiwi and leafsfan5

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
In theory I agree. It'll depend what shakes tomorrow I suppose. Looking at the list of trade bait players from TSN and DailyFaceoff, it's not good.

It's not but there has to be somebody out there that would be useful
They don't even have to be great, just defend, win puck battles, go to the front of the net and let the skill guys do there thing

There has to be somebody out there that can do that

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I guess no more goalies rumor with what Woll did tonight.

Also no trashing on McCabe,and Lafferty

Still think they need another forward to play into middle 6.

Reactions: aingefan

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
All I can say is if Dubas ends the day tomorrow with 1st round picks in the next two drafts and the gaping hole in our forward group, he's failed. Tampa went all in with what they had with the mentality that only winning now matters, and it's on him to match that

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.

I wouldn’t think of it as 9. It’s more like 8.
Timmins is only here because he can’t get sent down. He will practice and be around for the playoff run but unless there are about 5 injuries on D I doubt he gets into a game.

Reactions: Kurtz

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
I really want Perron now.

Perron @ 50% + 3rd for 1st.
Gustaffson for a 3rd.

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Tavares-Marner
Kerfoot-O’Reilly-Perron
Lafferty-Kampf-Acciari

McCabe-Brodie
Rielly-Schenn
Gio-Liljegren
Holl

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Who is still left on the trade board that fits the Leafs need? Bc when I look at it, I don’t see any fits.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I wouldn’t think of it as 9. It’s more like 8.
Timmins is only here because he can’t get sent down. He will practice and be around for the playoff run but unless there are about 5 injuries on D I doubt he gets into a game.

It's 9, Timmins is still sitting in the press box for the next 20+ games
Guys are going to get frustrated and angry if they don't at least have a chance to play

Especially the pending UFA'S, this hurts there abilities to get new deals

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe we can get the other Matt Murray tomorrow?

1677823061489.png

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
It would be funny if the Leafs ended up circling back on Vatrano, he was mentioned quite a while back by Friedman in the same podcast that he linked Timmins to the Leafs before Arizona dealt him here.

Friedman had said at the time that the Leafs would struggle to fit him in cap wise even if the Ducks retained 50%, but now with the rumours that Holl could be on the move, Holl's 2M out and Vatrano in at 50% (1.825Mx3) in would be pretty close to an exact salary match.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
It's 9, Timmins is still sitting in the press box for the next 20+ games
Guys are going to get frustrated and angry if they don't at least have a chance to play

Especially the pending UFA'S, this hurts there abilities to get new deals
K……..
Even if they traded a D Timmins is still sitting in the press box for the next 20+ games unless guys get hurt.
Beyond that they have 8 D just like many other teams will for the rest of the year

Reactions: aingefan

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It would be funny if the Leafs ended up circling back on Vatrano, he was mentioned quite a while back by Friedman in the same podcast that he linked Timmins to the Leafs before Arizona dealt him here.

Friedman had said at the time that the Leafs would struggle to fit him in cap wise even if the Ducks retained 50%, but now with the rumours that Holl could be on the move, Holl's 2M out and Vatrano in at 50% (1.825Mx3) in would be pretty close to an exact salary match.

Feels like we could use more cheap scoring punch if there's one more small tweak to be had, like whatever 2023's version of a Clarke MacArthur or Anthony Duclair from previous years would have been.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Could we get Kubalik out of Detroit. Rumors of Dubas being interested before he signed with the Wings. Lot of ex Hawks teammates here too.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
A few of you guys have mentioned Perron, and he sounds like a good fit if Detroit retains some salary. He's also signed beyond this year like McCabe and Lafferty.

Maybe something around Boston's 1st and whatever they can get for Holl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad