Trades and Free Agency - 2022/2023 Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I know the team doesn't play again until Friday, when do they hit the ice again?
Can players be traded during this break? (I'm assuming yes)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Put me on the Chycrun+Crouse camp

I've been against Chychrun for awhile because I really don't think he's all that great but I do wonder if this could be a McDonagh + JT Miller level trade for the Leafs. It was a big home run for the Lightning at the time.

It's pretty wild what the Coyotes want for Chychrun, I'd be surprised if they weren't asking for a dumb return for Crouse as well.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I think a deal for Chychrun AND Crouse is a pipe dream. But if it were somehow to happen, I wouldn’t be upset at all.

You’re probably looking at a package deal starting with our 1st, Sandin and Knies +.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I think a deal for Chychrun AND Crouse is a pipe dream. But if it were somehow to happen, I wouldn’t be upset at all.

You’re probably looking at a package deal starting with our 1st, Sandin and Knies +.
Kerfoot, Holl going as well for cap reasons?

Reactions: Big Shot

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
People are seriously underestimating Chychrun here. Like I've stated before, he really becomes our #1 defenseman. I see people compare him to Rielly and that's an absolute joke, Rielly is nowhere near Chychrun's level. Rielly is a good skater and that's it. He has 0 hockey iq, 0 physicality, 0 defense awareness. Can't hit the side of a barn with his shot, and is absolutely horrendous on the PP.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I’m all for the addition of Chychrun, he instantly improves our blueline in multiple ways.

Another name I’d be interested in is Bertuzzi, his value has never hit so low and even when it comes to re-signing, you’d probably be able to re-sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal at a very reasonable cap hit. Wouldn’t be surprised if Bertuzzi doesn’t get a pay raise from his 4.75 million.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Tanner Jeannot bandwagon. If he can be had for a 2nd/prospect go get him. He solves several problems
Becomes Leafs top physical player
Has offensive ability
Is a net crashing bull something we do not have
Good on D
Plays currently on 4th line with low caliber players and is still putting up points.
He is not a plug

Small asset acquisition, I defer to others for the larger acquisition offers
However, does he turn into a cream puff with our Leafs?

Reactions: Rubyblue

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
You’d think that if the Chychrun rumours were true, there would have been a lot more talk about it in the media by now. Heck, you’d even think the trade would have been announced by now. Hell, even Ek isn’t jumping on this! Oh well.

Reactions: Jojalu

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
People are seriously underestimating Chychrun here. Like I've stated before, he really becomes our #1 defenseman. I see people compare him to Rielly and that's an absolute joke, Rielly is nowhere near Chychrun's level. Rielly is a good skater and that's it. He has 0 hockey iq, 0 physicality, 0 defense awareness. Can't hit the side of a barn with his shot, and is absolutely horrendo us on the PP.
Or its you who overrating his defensive ability

They tried him as shutdown after oel trade, he was totally trash

His own coach don't trust him enough defensivly to use him on pk, they trust more a trash gostibehere if we watching sh ice time/60. And its not because coyotes dont need help on pk, they are one of the worst pk... only timmins and valimaki who got less time on pk than chychrun amount all d whonplayed at least 1 game

He is not arizona Qb on pp, its gostibehere with chychrun playing at matthews spot but he should become leafs QB...

But he should make the leafs better for the same reasons he dont even do in Arizona with a team who totally need it...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You’d think that if the Chychrun rumours were true, there would have been a lot more talk about it in the media by now. Heck, you’d even think the trade would have been announced by now. Hell, even Ek isn’t jumping on this! Oh well.
You're probably right.
Shame, he would be a perfect add,

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Offensive D put up better numbers on bad teams. Karlsson, Shattenkirk, Yandle, etc, all the top offensive D I can think of were disappointments when they moved from a bad team where they were “the guy” to a good team where they were “one of the many guys”. In Karlsson’s case as soon as the team bottomed out and Burns was moved so he could be “the guy” again, his numbers skyrocket.

I wouldn’t mind Chych at a reasonable price but I wouldn’t want to pay a price based on a bottom feeder performance that he wouldn’t replicate here because the game wouldn’t run through him the way it does in Arizona. If he’s pacing for 60-70 points there, we shouldn’t be going over a 45-50 point D price especially considering that his defensive game is mediocre at best.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I've been against Chychrun for awhile because I really don't think he's all that great but I do wonder if this could be a McDonagh + JT Miller level trade for the Leafs. It was a big home run for the Lightning at the time.

It's pretty wild what the Coyotes want for Chychrun, I'd be surprised if they weren't asking for a dumb return for Crouse as well.
Looking back on that trade it's wild how little the Lightning gave up. Howden+Hajek were decent prospects at the time but turned out to be nothing. Namestnikov was playing on Tampa's top line with Stamkos/Kucherov but ended up being nothing of consequence, not to mention he was 25 at the time. The 1st/2nd ended up being 28/58 which you give those up all day long. They flipped Miller one year later and got the 20th/71st pick which washes out the picks they gave up.

In the end they got 4 seasons and 2 cup wins with McDonagh for nothing.

Reactions: Duffman955

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
The prices on Chyc and Crouse sound exorbitant.
The contracts are better fits than the players, I think.
And while that’s not nothing, it’s not enough to force the move I don’t think.

Reactions: Menzinger

horner

May 22, 2007

Our 1st next yr + Voit

Kerfoot needs to go
Holl needs to go as

Unless Arizona eats 2 mil of chycruns contract this yr

I don't think chychrun is what we need
Rather keep knies

Would love Crouse

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Our 1st next yr + Voit

Kerfoot needs to go
Holl needs to go as

Unless Arizona eats 2 mil of chycruns contract this yr

I don't think chychrun is what we need
Rather keep knies

Would love Crouse

Any team interested in Chych easily beats that.

Gotta give to get and if they are in love with Knies as most of the Leafs fan base and are willing to overpay, I am listening.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Cap friendly has the leafs with 2.7M in cap space… does this factor in Muzzin and his LTIR? Not a ton of room to work with

Think that includes it. The deadline capspace is also saying about 2.7 million. If they can get off their ass, work quickly and retroactively put Matthews on LTIR to help with the TDL that would add quite a bit of cap IMO.

I just do not know if the "NHL break" would be excluded from the cap calculations and the "days" counting towards LTIR.

If NHL break counts (which IMO should b/c the employee is still employed in the time frame); then they should put Matthews on LTIR and QUICK so they have more room to work with now and more options to work with before the market is saturated with quality

The West is up for grabs. With the right moves, any team can win it. Not the case in the East and it is why I don't mortgage the future if I am Shanny.

If shanny is on the same "timeline" as Dubas i.e. win or thanks for your services we are going with different approach/direction then I suspect they may take risks for their jobs.

Also with Matthews' slowdown in terms of offense; I wonder even if their jobs were guaranteed would they mortgage the future? especially if we don't know whether Willy/Matthews will re-sign

Reactions: ToneDog

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
So, hear me out on this…

A buddy of mine just saw something about rumours of Matthews possibly being out for the rest of the regular season

We basically know we’re playing Tampa in the first round. Maybe Dubas can pull a Chicago or Tampa and have Matthews out until the first playoff game?

Just think of the additions Dubas could make at the deadline, if he did that! If we’re going to tilt the scales heavily in our favour, this is definitely a way to do it!

Oh, I know that I’m going to get some posters riled up for this one, but that’s fine. Flame away!!

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
So, hear me out on this…

A buddy of mine just saw something about rumours of Matthews possibly being out for the rest of the regular season

We basically know we’re playing Tampa in the first round. Maybe Dubas can pull a Chicago or Tampa and have Matthews out until the first playoff game?

Just think of the additions Dubas could make at the deadline, if he did that! If we’re going to tilt the scales heavily in our favour, this is definitely a way to do it!

Oh, I know that I’m going to get some posters riled up for this one, but that’s fine. Flame away!!
You actually think the NHL would allow the leafs to pull this move? Lol even if it was legit, they'd be under the microscope 2000 times more than Tampa ever was and everyone would be having a shit fit... Look at Murray and knocking the net off sitch lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad