Trades and Free Agency - 2022/2023 Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Why Perron. What is it he brings to the table? One more even strength point than Kerfoot, in more minutes. Isn't as good defensively. What's the attraction?
A history of recent close to a PPG play over several seasons, and was part of ROR's line IIRC when St Louis beat the Bruins in the finals.

Reactions: 1specter

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
A history of recent close to a PPG play over several seasons, and was part of ROR's line IIRC when St Louis beat the Bruins in the finals.

So we'd be looking at something like this if we did that?

Bunts Matty Marner
Jarnkrok Tavares Nylander
Knies RoR Perron
Lafferty Kampf Acciari
ZAR

BIG TRADE!!!!

1677799992178.png

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
With heavy retention and saying bye bye to Bunting in the offseason.....they can still easily sign ROR.
bunting has been kinda meh recently.

Good player but not worth giving anything more than 3.75 to imo.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

Who tf is this Eyssimont guy Tampa got and why is he good????

His team has outscored the opposition 16-15 when on the ice in SJ, 10-5 in WPG

Kind of dangerous stats... those stats dont show a lot of thing without any context...

A guy who always playing against worst opposition in offensive situation as 6th will have better stats than doing the same thing in a top 4 position against tougher opposition...

Sandin was a great exemple of it.

If you playing during more offensive opportjnity, you will get a better expected goal for sure

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I don't see why not. He's as available as guys like Konecny really.

Anaheim is in a full fledge rebuild. Terry is going to be 26 years old and needs a new (big) contract next season. I haven't seen any rumours but with this trade deadline being wild so far, who knows. Basically Meier-lite.
Ah okay I didn't realize he was a UFA at seasons end. Ya would be a great add if available and a low cap hit too

kb

Aug 28, 2009
So we'd be looking at something like this if we did that?

Bunts Matty Marner
Jarnkrok Tavares Nylander
Knies RoR Perron
Lafferty Kampf Acciari
ZAR
Possibly. Depending on what the trade looks like.

Could also be (If Holl moved):

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Jarnkrok - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - ROR - Perron
Lafferty - Kampf - Acciari
Knies (ZAR waived)

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Kind of dangerous stats... those stats dont show a lot of thing without any context...

A guy who always playing against worst opposition in offensive situation as 6th will have better stats than doing the same thing in a top 4 position against tougher opposition...

Sandin was a great exemple of it.

If you playing during more offensive opportjnity, you will get a better expected goal for sure
I mean Tampa isn't expecting him to be a top 6 forward or anything like that, he'll likely slot in on their 4th line

He has some great stats relative to other players on his team, even the 3rd/4th liners who get similar opposition as him. SJ has a -20 goal differential 5v5 but were a +1 when he was on the ice. He's a sneaky good addition and one can see why Dubas wanted him as well

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

12. Justin Holl, Maple Leafs

Contract status: $2-million cap hit, pending UFA

CJ’s take: If the Leafs decide to make another addition they’ll likely have to clear out salary and Holl could be the odd man out. The team currently has nine defencemen on its NHL roster and he’s a pending UFA. However, his play has come on as this season has worn on – so it’s no guarantee he’s moved.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
bunting has been kinda meh recently.

Good player but not worth giving anything more than 3.75 to imo.
Exactly my thinking too. Bunting is a product of his environment, so that would be my max offer.

The beauty about it is that Perron would come off the books at the exact same time Nylander and AM need their new deals.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I honestly think our PP is not just the players, it's the Power Play itself, as drawn up by the coaches.
In the past it's been too predictable, with too much cutesy putesy shit between Matthews and Marner, with everyone getting the puck to Matthews to shoot.
If Perron is a trigger guy, there's hope, otherwise he may become strangely infected by the disease we have called Overpassitis.
Leafs are 2nd in the league in PP shots per 60 over the past 3 years.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
If we get another scoring winger, part of me wants to create a ridiculous selke line that will matchup against other top opposition and shut them down. Give the new winger to JT

Jarnkork - ROR - Marner

That line has 2 of the best defensive forwards in hockey and can also score. They would drive Kucherov/Point nuts

But, if we get Perron the chemistry between him and ROR is likely too good to pass up. They'd make a lethal 3rd line and you keep JT with one of Marner/Nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad