Trades and Free Agency 2021 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nylander and Roberston for Rakell, Comtois and Grant.
Kerfoot + 1st for Bennett

Thornton Matthews Marner
Comtois Tavares Rakell
Hyman/Bennett Bennett/Engvall Mikheyev/Hyman
Simmonds Spezza Grant
Galchenyuk Engvall

Grant is a very good defensive C, supreme on the PK, one of the best in the league. He and Spezza could take turns at C, maybe Spezza takes the faceoffs, and then plays wing.
But, you've got all kinds of options at C now, for the bottom 2C's... Bennett, Engvall, Spezza, Grant

Comtois is a big, and physical LW, leading Ducks in points, and 6'2" 215lbs, is only 22 years old, so it's not like we are trading for a veteran here... more hits than anyone on our team... 7 goals, 4 assists on an offensively anemic team.
Rakell isn't as good as Nylander, but a bit grittier.

Roberston could be good, but he isn't big, and we could use a Comtois.

Bennett gives us more size and grit, perhaps he sticks at 3C.

For this year, this drops our cap by close to a mil.

Expansion draft becomes a challenge.
The 1st one isn't bad. I'm surprised at the 2nd one. Thats a bad trade for us and I'm surprised it was made by you of all people. I expected others to make that kind of proposal.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Thornton Matthews Marner
Comtois Tavares Rakell
Simmonds Spezza Grant
Galchenyuk Engvall

Grant is a very good defensive C, supreme on the PK, one of the best in the league. He and Spezza could take turns at C, maybe Spezza takes the faceoffs, and then plays wing.
But, you've got all kinds of options at C now, for the bottom 2C's... Bennett, Engvall, Spezza, Grant

Comtois is a big, and physical LW, leading Ducks in points, and 6'2" 215lbs, is only 22 years old, so it's not like we are trading for a veteran here... more hits than anyone on our team... 7 goals, 4 assists on an offensively anemic team.

Did you propose we trade Kerfoot and a 1st round pick for Bennett?

So we get to give up a 1st round pick for the privilege of aquiring a worse player at both the center and wing positions :laugh:

Sometimes you just have to shake your head at what you just read

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Why? Because of 11 points in 30ish games last year? 11 in 20ish this year?

Robertson has a higher ceiling. He’s already further ahead than where Comtois was at the same age.

Robertson will be the better player. Anywhere we can put Comtois we can put Robertson

11 in 19 isn't bad. I think we'd say they're both middle 6 guys that bring some different elements.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Why your not losing anything .

So acquiring a promising young right handed D only to loose him in the ED is "not loosing anything?" Ill say this, Im no fan of Nylander but 1.5 years of Forsberg does not equal 5 years of Nylander.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare

Thornton Matthews Marner
Comtois Tavares Rakell
Simmonds Spezza Grant
Galchenyuk Engvall

I'm 100% sure this is sarcasm that no one picked up on.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
So acquiring a promising young right handed D only to loose him in the ED is "not loosing anything?" Ill say this, Im no fan of Nylander but 1.5 years of Forsberg does not equal 5 years of Nylander.
Depends who u resign in 1.5 years.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Nylander >> Rakell (extra > because of term)
Robertson >= Comtois
Grant

I shook my head at the 1st deal though can understand the intrigue of Comtois. Then I saw the Kerfoot + 1st for Bennett and literally said what the hell out loud.

I'm intrigued by Arvidsson TBH. Though I'd imagine the cost is probably more than I'd be willing to stomach.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Why are so many people convinced depth players on other teams are somehow quality top 6 options on the Leafs?
Bennet is bad enough but at least he's a bad 3rd liner to good 4th liner with hints of something more
Lemieux isn't even a quality 4th liner on a bad team

Reactions: Menzinger

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Not sure why people are calling for Nylander or Robertson to be moved in a Rackell trade...

To Ducks
Pierre Engvall
Rodion Amirov
Draft Pick

To Leafs
Rickard Rackell, retained to match Engvall's salary.

To Sabers
Draft Pick
Prospect

To Leafs
Eric Staal, retained as neccessary

Thornton / Matthews / Marner
Nylander / Tavares / Rackell
Hyman / Staal / Kerfoot
Mikheyev/ Spezza / Simmonds
Boyd

Go compete for the Stanley Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Amirov and Robertson are potential ELC cheap top 6 players. Thats so valuable to us why would we trade that away. What we need is a stop gap top 6 guy, maybe Palmieri?

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Not sure why people are calling for Nylander or Robertson to be moved in a Rackell trade...

To Ducks
Pierre Engvall
Rodion Amirov
Draft Pick

To Leafs
Rickard Rackell, retained to match Engvall's salary.

To Sabers
Draft Pick
Prospect

To Leafs
Eric Staal, retained as neccessary

Thornton / Matthews / Marner
Nylander / Tavares / Rackell
Kerfoot / Staal / Mikheyev
Robertson or Galchenyuk / Spezza / Simmonds
Boyd

Go compete for the Stanley Cup.
Lineup needs more Hyman

Thornton Matthews Marner
Rakell Tavares Nylander
Hyman Staal Kerfoot
Mikheyev Spezza Simmonds

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
When Simmonds comes back in a couple of weeks all will change. The team once again will be competitive in the tough areas with other teams not taking liberties with our players.

Missing him and Hyman shows what the Leafs need.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
This article suggests leafs trading Kerfoot for Haula & Granlund.

What does everyone think of that swap? Seems to make sense when Pagnotta broke it down.
If it was available, I’d be for it. That 2-1 is a good fit for now and seems like an OK use of an asset that may be lost to expansion, anyway.

Though I sheepishly admit that I didn’t bother to read the artice to see if other parts were included.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
In no way is Robertson more valuable than Comtois.
I think this is not as hot as a take as people think.

Comtois is a supper aggressive forechecker, really good defensive forward.
He has the pedigree, Canadian Jr Gold Medal
His 11 in 19 may seem good, but you need to remember he is leading his team in scoring

In his draft + 2 season (so age is the same as Robertson) he had 7 points in 10 NHL games, and 9 points in 12 AHL playoff games.

The biggest difference is Robertson is two years younger, 4 inches shorter, Robertson has been better offensively so far, Comtois is the much more physically imposing and defensive player, and has 2 more years on ELC (if he burns the first year now).

Reactions: Fogelhund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad