Toronto
Nylander
Rielly
Andersen

Anaheim
Lindholm
Gibson
Rakell

we get our top 5 long term goalie, Lindholm better defensively than Rielly and Rakell a good top 6 forward.

Reactions: geo25

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Toronto
Nylander
Rielly
Andersen

Anaheim
Lindholm
Gibson
Rakell

we get our top 5 long term goalie, Lindholm better defensively than Rielly and Rakell a good top 6 forward.

This is a video game trade, it would never happen. I can't think of the last time a team traded a top line winger, top pairing D, and starting goalie, for a top pairing D, franchise goalie, and top 6 forward.

NHL trades you see one player of that calibre on each side of a trade, with picks/prospects/depth players balancing things out.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
What are peoples thoughts on Victor Arvidsson?

Has been underwhelming in production past two years, but the preds offense has been poor with very few high end forwards

He has 4.25 left with 4 years. Would be a long term commitment but his caphit even outright is not that bad. I don't want to deal kerfoot now that he's playing strong which makes it hard to consider what would be a good deal.

Was thinking perhaps

Mikheyev + 2021st + Hallinder/Hirvonen for Arvidsson down to 3M. We take on 1.4M in cap space for the year, which I'm not sure if we can adjust (i'd be happy waiving vesey as well to make it fit)

Expansion draft wise we protect
Arvidsson
Engvall
Kefoot

Rielly
Muzzin
Brodie

and then let them choose between holl and Dermott. Lilijgren should be replacing holl as soon as next year as our 2RHD

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
What are peoples thoughts on Victor Arvidsson?

Has been underwhelming in production past two years, but the preds offense has been poor with very few high end forwards

He has 4.25 left with 4 years. Would be a long term commitment but his caphit even outright is not that bad. I don't want to deal kerfoot now that he's playing strong which makes it hard to consider what would be a good deal.

Was thinking perhaps

Mikheyev + 2021st + Hallinder/Hirvonen for Arvidsson down to 3M. We take on 1.4M in cap space for the year, which I'm not sure if we can adjust (i'd be happy waiving vesey as well to make it fit)

Expansion draft wise we protect
Arvidsson
Engvall
Kefoot

Rielly
Muzzin
Brodie

and then let them choose between holl and Dermott. Lilijgren should be replacing holl as soon as next year as our 2RHD

I would be very upset if that happened. Those are not insignificant assets, I don't see why we would gamble on a player regaining his form for that

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Going to say this again, lets not trade Willy. Complain about his effort level lacking at times, but he is an elite player in this league, and we need him for us to go far.

Reactions: Rocker13

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
What's the cost to acquire Eric Staal at 50%? I like the idea of making Kerfoot that top 6 wing and having Staal centre the 3rd line.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Going to say this again, lets not trade Willy. Complain about his effort level lacking at times, but he is an elite player in this league, and we need him for us to go far.

Leafs should be open to looking at trading anyone, if it meant the Leafs would be better and could win a cup. Elite players don't always win you cups.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
IF leafs looking for a C, Ryan Getzlaf would be perfect. Assuming he's willing to get traded of course

Just the type of player you need for the Playoffs. Both on and off the Ice.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Thornton - Mathews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Getzlaf - Simmonds
Mikheyev - Engvall - Spezza
Vesey

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
IF leafs looking for a C, Ryan Getzlaf would be perfect. Assuming he's willing to get traded of course

Just the type of player you need for the Playoffs. Both on and off the Ice.
Only thing with that is that you'd need then to retain half and likely someone else to retain another half to get him in.

Kind of like we did for Vegas last year with Lehner.

Would be crazy to run Matthews/Tavares/Getzlaf down the middle.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Only thing with that is that you'd need then to retain half and likely someone else to retain another half to get him in.

Kind of like we did for Vegas last year with Lehner.

Would be crazy to run Matthews/Tavares/Getzlaf down the middle.

Might as well go for E and J Staal too. There's no reason we can't run 11 6'3 Olympic caliber Cs + Marner.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
they still need to be heavier upfront and more vocal leaders...whoever that is...and >50% on faceoffs if C

Jay Beagle?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
they still need to be heavier upfront and more vocal leaders...whoever that is...and >50% on faceoffs if C

Jay Beagle?

Beagle, even at 50% retained is too expensive for our fourth line. Plus he has another year left and isn’t that good outside of faceoffs.

Reactions: Joel Ward
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad