Trades and Free Agency 2021 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
When a players perceived value is higher than their actual value, that’s when you get taken to the cleaners.

Not if the value for said player is low. A small add to Dermott (if that is the asking price) should not be getting taken to the cleaners if the GM knows what he is doing and I have faith in Kyle. Guess it depends who Dubas considers the better player and how much they want Bennett.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Pagnotta is saying again Leafs have had interest in Bennett, and wonders if they checked in with the Flames again after Simmonds injury.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Dermott, Engvall

for

Bennett

Move Kerfoot to the wing until Simmonds, Thornton and Robertson come back. Then ship off Kerfoot for draft picks.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Micheyev-Tavares-Nylander
Kerfoot-Bennett-Vesey
Petan-Spezza-Boyd

After injuries come back

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Simmonds-Tavares-Nylander
Thornton-Bennett-Micheyev
Vesey-Spezza-Boyd
Petan

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Dermott, Engvall

for

Bennett

Move Kerfoot to the wing until Simmonds, Thornton and Robertson come back. Then ship off Kerfoot for draft picks.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Bennett-Vesey
Petan-Spezza-Boyd

After injuries come back

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Spezza-Boyd
Petan

How do we reconcile that Bennett has never succeeded as a C, and has asked to be played as a winger in Calgary?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Dermott, Engvall

for

Bennett

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Bennett-Vesey
Petan-Spezza-Boyd

After injuries come back

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Spezza-Boyd
Petan
Thats awful for the Leafs

Reactions: Menzinger

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Howwww about Sam Bennett @50% + Dustin Wolf for Travis Dermott, now that's a deal I could get behind

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Where does Wolf play?

No ECHL and Scott/Woll will be the Marlies goalies.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Sam Bennett obsession has now surpassed Weegar. At least Bennett has the draft pedigree I guess...

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Sam Bennett obsession has now surpassed Weegar. At least Bennett has the draft pedigree I guess...

Bennett is more likely to actually move though IMO. I'd say it's too bad he isn't an RHD, but that's apparently no longer a glaring need for the team. FTR, I'm not particularly expecting the Leafs to acquire Bennett.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I can see Sam Bennett flourish on Matthews or Tavares wing. Only so many players in NHL have that effect on other players.

I think he'd make an awesome 3rd wheel on a scoring line with JT and 88. Both our top 6 units need that puck hound prick type on it.

I know a lot of people were bleh or underwhelmed with the Simmonds signing that are probably upset he's injured now. Bennett would add more sandpaper to the team. We're becoming harder to play against and I am here for it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I can see Sam Bennett flourish on Matthews or Tavares wing. Only so many players in NHL have that effect on other players.

That's about the only reason you'd acquire him. To hope he becomes a Hyman type, with some skill on our LW. But why hasn't he succeeded in doing so in Calgary? Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against trading for him, but not with the hopes that he can become our 3C. He's a local kid, he's good some good qualities, but hasn't put it together so far... except in the playoffs. I'm not sure why that is, but it's a small glimmer of hope, that he could become that guy more regularly. But, he's expansion eligible, and arbitration eligible, so he's really probably just a rental. So, we can't give up too much for him.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Friedman on 31 thoughts podcast very cryptically said that there's a winger that the leafs are targeting.

Made it seem like a big deal.

My guess is Taylor Hall.

I've said the same. At the deadline, if we conserve a little bit of space, he'd be a nice add.

Reactions: Menzinger

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Buff could also retain making the hit smaller but it will cost you something significant.

For sure, I've run the numbers in Cap friendly, and it requires a 50% cap withholding. But, yes, the cost wouldn't be small.

Reactions: ToneDog

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Friedman on 31 thoughts podcast very cryptically said that there's a winger that the leafs are targeting.

Made it seem like a big deal.

My guess is Taylor Hall.

I can't see that working capwise until the tdl.

Hes exactly what the team could use though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad