Trade value

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
There you go then. I'll stick with my prediction of third. If it's a second even better but it will never be a first.

I still dont get it. you think Jagr's trade value will be less because the receiving team will have to pay him soft bonuses. but all his bonuses will already be paid out. so he will be traded with a measly 800k-ish hit.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Just saying that I don't think a team wants to pay him his salary plus some soft incentives that hes going to hit for games played. Well see. I like my track record on these things.

His incentives only go up to 45 games, unless he gets injured they'll be paid long before the trade deadline.

Regardless, the bonus cushion is your friend. A team with $3M cap space could still accommodate Jagr's $4M cap hit because of bonuses, even before you factor in pro-rated cap hit.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
His incentives only go up to 45 games, unless he gets injured they'll be paid long before the trade deadline.

Regardless, the bonus cushion is your friend. A team with $3M cap space could still accommodate Jagr's $4M cap hit because of bonuses, even before you factor in pro-rated cap hit.

now that I think about it....

Jagr's bonus (the cap part) can be deferred, and the Devils could retain up to 50% salary. so... (and I may be wrong on this), the receiving team could have him for 200K. right? no?

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
This is so frustrating and embarrassing. This team needs to trade for scoring and make a big pitch in free agency. We need at least two new forwards.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Evander Kane

With all of his problems over his tenure with Winnipeg and his most recent publicly calling out of his coach, I have to think he'd be available. What do you think it would take to trade for him and would you be willing to take him on the Devils?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
E. Kane for Larsson would be fair value in a vacuum, but The Peg already has plenty of defensemen.

I doubt we could make a reasonable offer. Zajac+ may have some interest if we retained salary, but then we'd be opening one hole to create another. Our center depth would be atrocious. Schneider would appeal to them, but again, shooting ourselves in the foot.

We don't really make good trading partners, we have have similar needs and wants. They're overstocked with defensemen and middle six forwards just like us.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
E. Kane for Larsson would be fair value in a vacuum, but The Peg already has plenty of defensemen.

I doubt we could make a reasonable offer. Zajac+ may have some interest if we retained salary, but then we'd be opening one hole to create another. Our center depth would be atrocious. Schneider would appeal to them, but again, shooting ourselves in the foot.

We don't really make good trading partners, we have have similar needs and wants. They're overstocked with defensemen and middle six forwards just like us.

I wonder if this might be something to revisit at the deadline/offseason. If the Devils are out of it and they successfully sell off spare parts for picks and young forwards, maybe the Jets would have interest in a combo deal of some of what we've acquired.

I just have to think that he's worn out his welcome there and could use a fresh start...and we could really use a young 30-goal scorer.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Hmm...if we're assuming we aren't making the playoffs I wouldn't be against dealing Zajac, Boucher, and a D for him. Loktionov could still C the Czech line and Henrique could C the 2ND line. Then the Devils could worry about addressing C depth in the offseason. The Jets get rid of a headache, Zajac gets to go home, and the Devils add a 22 year old goal scorer with contract security.

B A T M A N

Pass. I hate his self entitled attitude. Little **** hasn't done a thing in this league.

Then again I still despise him for the money/mayweather selfie he took.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hmm...if we're assuming we aren't making the playoffs I wouldn't be against dealing Zajac, Boucher, and a D for him. Loktionov could still C the Czech line and Henrique could C the 2ND line. Then the Devils could worry about addressing C depth in the offseason. The Jets get rid of a headache, Zajac gets to go home, and the Devils add a 22 year old goal scorer with contract security.

Winnipeg would probably want us to retain at least 20% of his salary.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Depending on the +, I'd probably do that without hesitation. Kane is inconsistent, but when he is on, he is almost unstoppable.

I tend to agree. id give up a lot to get him, as he would also add some desperately needed speed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad