Trade value

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Yea the problem is we couldnt make that move nor do we want to. Cleary an Eaves are as much dumps are Volch is

Not the same sort of dumps though. We're saddled with Volch for the rest of this year as well as the next two at $4.25M. Eaves and Cleary are both off the books after this year and hit the cap at under $1.5M each. I could see the Devils turn around and dump both of them for non-picks (5th-6th) later in the year to teams looking for depth.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
dream scenario

Jagr traded for 1st at deadline
Acquiring team skids and misses PO's by 1 point
wins draft lottery against all odds
NJ drafts 1st :D

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
dream scenario

so they changed it so any team that wins the lottery can pick 1st? I thought that was only last year because of the shortened season

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
dream scenario

Love it...I could actually see Phoenix being that team. They'll likely be a fringe playoff team and will always need scoring, especially a Top 6 W like Jagr. Devils deal him, just as he's about to tire out, Phoenix just misses the playoffs, we're in the lottery :yo:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I'm not even that worried. Jagr will net us a 20-30 pick (hopefully low 20s, try to deal him to a likely first round playoff exit, even though id love to see him win another Cup) and you can still get a great player at that level. hell, the Nucks got Shinkaruk at 24! We just have to hope for something similar

I would really like to get our first back, even though its unlikely. I'd honestly give up the next 2-3 2nd rounders to get our first back if its gonna be top-15

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Do you trade Jagr if you're solidly second in the division come the deadline?

I don't think it's that easy of a decision. Some guys are, bar none, trade anyone who isn't in your future but I think one more cup run is worth more to this particular group than some draft picks.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Do you trade Jagr if you're solidly second in the division come the deadline?

I don't think it's that easy of a decision. Some guys are, bar none, trade anyone who isn't in your future but I think one more cup run is worth more to this particular group than some draft picks.
If we're solidly second in the division, we're making the playoffs. I don't trade Jagr.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Fayne

It looks like Fayne might not be in the team's long-term plans. It's been debated on this forum if he'd be worth a 2ND or a 3RD at the deadline, and if I'm not mistaken a Leafs fan came here offering a 1ST for him.

Instead of messing around with picks that could take years to contribute (or even bust), do you think the Devils could move him for a young F prospect whose current team needs defense and has enough young F's. One team that stood out to me was Anaheim. They're looking for additional defense and could spare someone like Peter Holland. While Holland has considerable upside, his value has slid a bit recently and find himself further down the depth chart. He could be a very good 2LW or 2C for the Devils in a year or two.

Do you guys think this is value for both teams and would you make this deal?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
So, keep Fayne?

Our management knows what's going on regarding why he's been alienated. If... There's no way he's resigning, yes I trade him in a heartbeat to get back prospects or picks.

My hope is that Fayne is here to stay in the lineup for this year and beyond and that we find a way to get rid of other guys not named Greene, Larsson and Gelinas.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Our management knows what's going on regarding why he's been alienated. If... There's no way he's resigning, yes I trade him in a heartbeat to get back prospects or picks.

My hope is that Fayne is here to stay in the lineup for this year and beyond and that we find a way to get rid of other guys not named Greene, Larsson and Gelinas.

Understandable, I'm not against keeping him.

What do you think his value is?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If we're solidly second in the division, we're making the playoffs. I don't trade Jagr.

Agreed as odds are he would be a HUGE reason why we would be in second. Hell I don't think you do it if we are in third either (also a playoff spot, right?)

Wildcard bubble spot unless we are running away with a spot then you start considering it.

I think if we are on the bubble and he is playing well Lou will want a first or no deal and try to make the playoffs instead.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Agreed as odds are he would be a HUGE reason why we would be in second. Hell I don't think you do it if we are in third either (also a playoff spot, right?)

Wildcard bubble spot unless we are running away with a spot then you start considering it.

I think if we are on the bubble and he is playing well Lou will want a first or no deal and try to make the playoffs instead.

I would hope Lou plays hardball if he's going to trade anyone, especially Jagr. If another team wants to increase their Cup chances with one of our players, they pay top dollar or we just keep them.

Hell, if Jagr continues at almost a point per game I want a 1ST AND a prospect.

Semak

Dmen are starting to drop around the league. They might be a market for an NJ D. Emphasis on might.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Dmen are starting to drop around the league. They might be a market for an NJ D. Emphasis on might.

It would be nice to have a few things go in our favor. I'm sure Lou is keeping tabs on what he can do.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Understandable, I'm not against keeping him.

What do you think his value is?

I think it's rather low right now and that's all our own teams fault. Keep him playing and his value will be in the 2nd range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->