Proposal: Trade Thread Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
I'd honestly call Buffalo about Eichel and offer a Kotkaniemi++++.

Build around Suzuki / Caufield / Romanov / Poehling / Evans

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
???? ???? Anderson
???? Poehling ????
Byron Evans ????

Edmundson Petry
Romanov ????
Kulak Chiarot

Forgot Gallagher

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You don't have to take on a bad contract in return if you retain on Price. He still has a good rep around the league.

And yes, I've been lobbying for a real rebuild for ages.

I think if we retained down to $6M, there would be lots of teams in play and the trade value becomes very good for us. If we are willing to take a $3M NHL contract back and the rest futures, It probably works for a lot of teams looking for a goalie.

Look at the Oilers... Just take back Koskinen ($4.5M). Oilers sign Smith or someone else to be the back up (Around $1M or $1.5M) and they only increase their goalie cap hits by $1.5M ish if Price comes at $6M.

There are other teams that would be in the mix as well.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Ok let's play?

What is your offer for: Drouin + KK + 1st round pick 2021

Aside from a bunch of hockey sticks :laugh:... No, let's be serious.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
So there are rumours that Caps may look to trade Kuznetsov this off season.

Would he be a good fit in Montreal?

Would you trade KK for Kuz if Caps took on Drouin and Byron?

Or is tje cap hit of 7.8 mill on Kuz an automatic no no?

I wouldn't trade Johnny Floaty straight up for that douchesickle Kuznetsov...guy's as big a floater as Drouin and a genuine arsehole to boot...

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
KK value of any involvement in a trade is so low.
He will not be in any mix of a trade offer,
Suzuki will be the player all teams will ask for, not sure how a GM can fix this.

It can't be MB it must be new blood

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Dallas needs offence and need wingers. I wonder if something around Drouin for Lindell could work.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We need a break from this teams 28 year culture of playing not to lose.

Savard and Demers were the last GM/ Coach tandem that played to win and iced a team like that. Playing a 200 foot game is wonderful, love it, but this team often is intolerant of the mistakes and defensive lapses that offensive minded players typically make. Good development means teaching a player when to turn it on, and when to play it safe, not to staple the guy to the bench for a mistake.

Demers talked about how he had to be gentle with the young guys because he didnt want them not playing up to their talent out of fear of making mistakes. What a joke, guys like Martin, MT especially were exact opposites of that approach. i will go with Demers.

So I dont know if all these GMs and coaches we have had since Demers and Savard all went to the same school of " Dont Lose Hockey", but enough is enough. If that is the only school in Quebec, then yeah, need to look elsewhere.

Oh, and playing not to lose hockey is boring as hell to watch, and guess what, you never "win" a Cup, because you dont "win" a Cup by "not losing", as shown by 28 years of garbage , with like 2-3 years where " not losing " got us as far as we could go. Against the Rags we put Vanek on the 4th line when we couldnt score. I know the guy was having problems, but you had to play the guy top 6 and just hope he would turn it on , you had to if you wanted to win, but MT drops him to 4th line, what an idiot. And the brilliant run under Martin was 90% Halak and hoping we would score off turnovers and the PP. Remember Martin scribbling all the time? " Halak arrete la rondelle" , thats all he wrote, 1000 times each game.

Time for a change.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Not if they protect 8 players.

Mac, Rantanen, Kadri, Burakovsky

Johnson, Girard, Makar, Toews

Keeper

Then they likely lose one of Donskoi, Nichushkin, Compher or Graves.

I am pretty sure they will protect Landeskog.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Not if they protect 8 players.

Mac, Rantanen, Kadri, Burakovsky

Johnson, Girard, Makar, Toews

Keeper

Then they likely lose one of Donskoi, Nichushkin, Compher or Graves.
Pretty sure Erik Johnson will waive his NTC. Dude is always injured , don't see why Seattle would bite for a 33 year old dman on decline with injuries history at 6m a year for 2 more years.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Honestly.....Timmins is a bigger issue imho. The fact that Bergevin would fire his biceps buddy obviously shows a lack judgement on our GMs part.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad