Proposal: Trade Thread Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Dallas needs offence and need wingers. I wonder if something around Drouin for Lindell could work.
Ah yes, the Dallas GM really must be thinking, "hmm, we desperately need to acquire headcase Drouin and his 2 goals in 50 games to really help our offence guys."

If the GM in Dallas was Marc B the clown I'm sure he would think that way. But no GM is as dumb as the clown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc McKenna

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
That's an easy pass for Dallas.

Drouin sucks. If we can get a 7th for him, we take that and run
Nope, bad read IMO of the market, someone like Drouin who is a 50pts scorer in normal conditions, willl fetch more. Don't let your hate/disapointment of his play cloud your judgement.

His value would have been a lot higher before so it sucks to try to trade him now, but I'm done with him so be it. I mean if Galchenyuk can get us a Domi, Drouin can surely get more than a 7th rd pick.

Reactions: MadMslm

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
What could we get for Drouin + KK + 1st round pick 2021?

Keller +?
Timo Meier or Hertl?
Nothing really :laugh:?
Is this the new Halak, Ryder and 2nd ? Are we going to have to see this proposal each day for half a year ?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Is this the new Halak, Ryder and 2nd ? Are we going to have to see this proposal each day for half a year ?
Maybe. And just like the 1st time seems to have traumatized you, I suggested away from tje 2nd coming of that original offer or go see a shrink.
Simple really. These things shouldn't affect you like this.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

Trading a player during he is in a slump is a major mistake create by a GM imo. Value is at the lowest point. You have to wait. Exemple. : andrew shaw. Everybody want to get rid of him after 17-18. He had a lot of head injury, his value was at his lowest. Finally. He had a good season in 18-19. Bargainbain did well. He trade him knowing his health issue. Thats was a good management right there

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Trading a player during he is in a slump is a major mistake create by a GM imo. Value is at the lowest point. You have to wait. Exemple. : andrew shaw. Everybody want to get rid of him after 17-18. He had a lot of head injury, his value was at his lowest. Finally. He had a good season in 18-19. Bargainbain did well. He trade him knowing his health issue. Thats was a good management right there

:facepalm:

we traded him for less assets than what we acquired him for... the shaw lifecycle with the habs epitomizes MB's incompetence as a GM when it comes to asset management, regularly turns a dollar into 15 cents

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Chicago got debrincat another second and cap space, we got a worse 2nd and 3rd back for the same player after he did well.

In fact the contract MB gave Shaw would have only cost us a second if he had just RFA'd him.
6 years at 3.9 WTF was he thinking with another monster contract length for a guy with injuries.

$1,339,575 or lessNo compensation
$1,339,576 to $2,029,659Third-round pick
$2,029,660 to $4,059,322Second-round pick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
:facepalm:

we traded him for less assets than what we acquired him for... the shaw lifecycle with the habs epitomizes MB's incompetence as a GM when it comes to asset management, regularly turns a dollar into 15 cents
Its like a car. You acquire a 2020 car with no accident in his history, he perfoms on his best on different kind of field (playoff/season). With only 15 000 km. Or you acquire a car 2015 with many accident history, 100 000 km. Older and doesnt run everytime. Wich one will cost you the most? At some point, other GM arent dumb and won’t give the same cash than bergevin gave to Chicago to an older Shaw with injury history. You won’t sell the same price a shea weber at 26 yo than a shea weber at 36. Bergevin been lucky to have a 2nd rn pick for Shaw

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Its like a car. You acquire a 2020 car with no accident in his history, he perfoms on his best on different kind of field (playoff/season). With only 15 000 km. Or you acquire a car 2015 with many accident history, 100 000 km. Older and doesnt run everytime. Wich one will cost you the most? At some point, other GM arent dumb and won’t give the same cash than bergevin gave to Chicago to an older Shaw with injury history. You won’t sell the same price a shea weber at 26 yo than a shea weber at 36. Bergevin been lucky to have a 2nd rn pick for Shaw

yes, and, if you keep paying a premium for poorly built newer cars/lemons, only to sell them for less once they break down as expected, you should probably let someone else handle your finances

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Chicago got debrincat another second and cap space, we got a worse 2nd and 3rd back for the same player after he did well.

In fact the contract MB gave Shaw would have only cost us a second if he had just RFA'd him.

$1,339,575 or lessNo compensation
$1,339,576 to $2,029,659Third-round pick
$2,029,660 to $4,059,322Second-round pick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hey hey hey. I never talk about debrincat here. Also. I never said that was the right move to do when he trade for him. I wanted sam girard. So Yes I never understood the move. At the moment. . What Im saying, he been lucky to fetch at leats a second rd pick for him after those season

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
yes, and, if you keep paying a premium for poorly built newer cars/lemons, only to sell them for less once they break down as expected, you should probably let someone else handle your finances
Lol. I remember when he acquired Shaw. He was a hell of monster in Chiacgo. He was litteraly a playoff guy. Don’t think he had a long history of concussion at that time. He was 24. His value was high. What I dislike from the trade. Bergevin had 2 high selection. He would pick both. Girard And debrincat. So yeah. This is a bad management at that time. What im saying is, he been lucky to fetch a 2nd and a 3rd, 4 years later for him. Im not excuses his lack of management in 15/16.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Lol. I remember when he acquired Shaw. He was a hell of monster in Chiacgo. He was litteraly a playoff guy. Don’t think he had a long history of concussion at that time. He was 24. His value was high. What I dislike from the trade. Bergevin had 2 high selection. He would pick both. Girard And debrincat. So yeah. This is a bad management at that time. What im saying is, he been lucky to fetch a 2nd and a 3rd, 4 years later for him. Im not excuses his lack of management in 15/16.
I think most of us would have prefered to either keep eller for the center role, or to trade the 50ish ranked eller picks from wash to the hawks instead.

OR just RFA him for a single second rounder given Chicago was in cap hell. His cap hit from MB was just a single second rounder from what the charts say. Then we could have retained 3 seconds and still had shaw, or kept eller and shaw and still had a second rounder.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Absurd. No wonder he wants to go.

The discoure with Drouin is grotesque. Suzuki leads the team in playoff scoring “OMG #1 CENTRE.” Drouin is tied with him “what a f***ing loser, he should be traded”

Honestly he deserves better than our pathetic fanbase.

Reactions: HankyZetts

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton

The discoure with Drouin is grotesque. Suzuki leads the team in playoff scoring “OMG #1 CENTRE.” Drouin is tied with him “what a f***ing loser, he should be traded”

Drouin's attitude and heart is similar to the pathetic fanbase.

TheHabs BruinRipper

Mar 4, 2015
ontario
Off season will be challenging, as salary cap is not moving. Will need to be creative like Toronto did 2 years ago when they were able to get rid of a few big contracts.

Last edited:

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Maybe. And just like the 1st time seems to have traumatized you, I suggested away from tje 2nd coming of that original offer or go see a shrink.
Simple really. These things shouldn't affect you like this.
I'm not traumatized... And I hope you're a doc because only them can legaly make a diagnostic.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Nope, bad read IMO of the market, someone like Drouin who is a 50pts scorer in normal conditions, willl fetch more. Don't let your hate/disapointment of his play cloud your judgement.

His value would have been a lot higher before so it sucks to try to trade him now, but I'm done with him so be it. I mean if Galchenyuk can get us a Domi, Drouin can surely get more than a 7th rd pick.

He's hit 50 points twice in his career. He's an often injured player who doesn't rewh 50 points. So, your point is flawed already.

He's been in a slump for his entire tenure here. When is a good time ?

So, like 10 games is a measuring stick now ?

No wonder this fan base is pathetic

Is Drouin worth more than a 7th ? Yeah. However, how is he at his all time low when he's sucked here. How is he someone he isn't? How does he help a team wcore with his 10 goals in his last like 80 games ?

Yeah....

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
He's hit 50 points twice in his career. He's an often injured player who doesn't rewh 50 points. So, your point is flawed already.

He's been in a slump for his entire tenure here. When is a good time ?

Is Drouin worth more than a 7th ? Yeah. However, how is he at his all time low when he's sucked here. How is he someone he isn't? How does he help a team wcore with his 10 goals in his last like 80 games ?

Yeah....
After last playoff

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Yeah....

He was fine before the Covid break. 21 points in 31 games. That’s a 55 point pace and exactly what should be expected of him. He was also working hard and playing a good North-south game. To deny that is lying. And saying he’s only worth a 7th is trolling.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He was fine before the Covid break. 21 points in 31 games. That’s a 55 point pace and exactly what should be expected of him. He was also working hard and playing a good North-south game. To deny that is lying. And saying he’s only worth a 7th is trolling.

He got hurt and he was good in that small sample size. Came back before covid stopage and sucked. Playoffs looked a bit better than before the stopage but not as good as he was at the start of the season.

This year, the points he got at the start of the season were mostly "luck" points. Weber took that over from him in February.

Drouin has roughly 40-50 games of playing well for us? Thats not encouraging at all and not going to have people lineup and pay something or value for him, unless they're Bergevin, or Chiarelli.

Domi still had value as he was 1 season removed from 70 points and being mostly useful. Drouin has been primarily useless.

Sure, he'll get more than a 7th if dealt, but it would be almost worth having Bergevin for another season if he got something useful for him..

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Off season will be challenging, as salary cap is not moving. Will need to be creative like Toronto did 2 years ago when they were able to get rid of a few big contracts.
Why? Tatar or Drouin and Armia are gonzo which frees up $8M+ - to be replaced by ELC contracts (Caufield & Poehling).

One of Allen / Chiarot will likely be gone via expansion draft freeing up another $3M. That’s $11M minimum, potentially more if Danault is not resigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad