Proposal: Trade Thread Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Serious question, knowing Domi has worn out his welcome in Columbus, would you swap Drouin for Domi, straight up?

I think I would.

uggg... as much as i'd like to see Drouin go, i really have no desire to see Domi back here either.

Didn't think we got enough back in the Anderson trade considering the respective situations at the time, but 10 months later, and Domi has only further sewered his value and reputation.

I guess the deciding factor would be contract length... the extra year on Drouin's deal probably makes it a must do...

though, despite how bad Domi has been in Columbus, doubt they'd want to add Drouin's extra year and equally useless effort (without the kid gloves the habs have treated him with, wouldn't be a stretch to imagine him falling out hard under Torts tough love approach).

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Serious question, knowing Domi has worn out his welcome in Columbus, would you swap Drouin for Domi, straight up?

I think I would.
I'd be willing to give the Drouin + 1 of Suzuki/KK (whoever performs worst the rest of the season) for an extended Laine, then stick him on the left wing.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

I think I would.

If Domi would come back, yep. I think Torts might have an issue with it. PL is already giving him headaches.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
In all honesty at this point I would seriously look at this during the off-season depending on what happens with Bergevin.

Bergevin out. Ducharme out.

New GM and New Coach.

Drouin dump him this off-season. Try to find a taker for Chiarot and Byron also in the off-season.

Let all UFAs walk.

Call up a majority of the youth in Laval. There will be growing pains but it would be a perfect time to go younger / faster / skilled.

Possibly swing a deal to maybe get Price to Seattle. Retain maybe a mill or so off his contract.

Toffoli Kotkaniemi Anderson
Caufield Suzuki Gallagher
Ylonen Poehling Armia
Teasdale Evans Lehkonen

Edmundson Petry
Romanov Weber
Leskinen Fleury
Brook

Allen
Primeau

Reactions: Supersonic

Jul 6, 2016
In all honesty at this point I would seriously look at this during the off-season depending on what happens with Bergevin.

New GM and New Coach.

Drouin dump him this off-season. Try to find a taker for Chiarot and Byron also in the off-season.

Let all UFAs walk.

Call up a majority of the youth in Laval. There will be growing pains but it would be a perfect time to go younger / faster / skilled.

Possibly swing a deal to maybe get Price to Seattle. Retain maybe a mill or so off his contract.

Ylonen Poehling Armia
Teasdale Evans Lehkonen

Edmundson Petry
Romanov Weber
Leskinen Fleury
Brook

Allen
Primeau

Sorry. Worst line up than this year.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015

New GM and New Coach.

Let all UFAs walk.

Ylonen Poehling Armia
Teasdale Evans Lehkonen

Edmundson Petry
Romanov Weber
Leskinen Fleury
Brook

Allen
Primeau
That lineup is competing for Shane Wright

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I’d love to trade for Laine at the draft. It’s not working out in CBJ. I think we’d be able to trade for him at an extremely lower cost than what he provides at his best.

I wonder what the ask would be right now.

Laine-Kotkaniemi-Anderson would be a big boy line.

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

I think I would.
Nope, because I think I’m one of the few who thinks Mantha will suck the big one in Wash and might be had in a swap of enigmas

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

I think I would.
Nope. At least Drouin was good in the playoffs. Domi couldn't outplay 4th liners. I'd love to add to Drouin for Laine though if he isn't working out there.

Reactions: salbutera

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
In the summer I could try to trade for Jack Eichel. We just don’t have a star Center for decades. Someone close to Auston Matthews Elias Peterson Leon Drasatl. We just don’t have that. Only if Eric Staal was 15 years younger.

Nick Suzuki
Jonathan Drouin
Ben Chiarot
1st round pick

For

Jack Eichel
Casey Mitelstadt
3rd round pick

Top 3 centres
Eichel
Kotkaniemi
Danault

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Any chance MB can move Drouin, let Tatar go, then get Patrick Kane @ 40% retained in cap? Can I dream about that?

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
In the summer I could try to trade for Jack Eichel. We just don’t have a star Center for decades. Someone close to Auston Matthews Elias Peterson Leon Drasatl. We just don’t have that. Only if Eric Staal was 15 years younger.

Nick Suzuki
Jonathan Drouin
Ben Chiarot
1st round pick

For

Jack Eichel
Casey Mitelstadt
3rd round pick

Top 3 centres
Eichel
Kotkaniemi
Danault
Id offer more than that for jack alone, but i agree this team needs to finally go in on a legit star player.
Caufield and Eichel :D

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Nick Suzuki
Jonathan Drouin
Ben Chiarot
1st round pick

For

Jack Eichel
Casey Mitelstadt
3rd round pick

Top 3 centres
Eichel
Kotkaniemi
Danault
You would need to give a lot more to even be in the conversation.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Nick Suzuki
Jonathan Drouin
Ben Chiarot
1st round pick

For

Jack Eichel
Casey Mitelstadt
3rd round pick

Top 3 centres
Eichel
Kotkaniemi
Danault

That's a huge no from Buffalo.

Drouin sucks and Benny isn't what they need. If the habs do make a trade with Buffalo, 1 of them is likely to go (probably Drouin), but in no trade for Eichel should Drouin, or Benny be the 3rd best asset that team is getting unless there's a 1st overall pick and an absolute stud before it

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Nick Suzuki
Jonathan Drouin
Ben Chiarot
1st round pick

For

Jack Eichel
Casey Mitelstadt
3rd round pick

Top 3 centres
Eichel
Kotkaniemi
Danault
NYR offer will start w Zibenijhad + one of Kakko / Lafreniere / Kravtsov + Miller + 1st

Buf will also likely want to ship Eichel out of the Eastern Conf (given Bettman has said everything is going back to normal division), so LA who’s loaded w prospects?

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario

New GM and New Coach.

Let all UFAs walk.

Ylonen Poehling Armia
Teasdale Evans Lehkonen

Edmundson Petry
Romanov Weber
Leskinen Fleury
Brook

Allen
Primeau

Sorry. Worst line up than this year.

That lineup is competing for Shane Wright

Best possible scenario.

Agree that trying to get Shane Wright is the answer here

it's going to be quite expensive to trade Price so I wouldn't expect that to happen

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
NYR offer will start w Zibenijhad + one of Kakko / Lafreniere / Kravtsov + Miller + 1st

Buf will also likely want to ship Eichel out of the Eastern Conf (given Bettman has said everything is going back to normal division), so LA who’s loaded w prospects?

Agreed. I can’t see Buffalo trading someone like Eichel within their division where their fans get to see him in 3-4 games a season.

If you get past the Dreger being Dreger first tweet he mentions LA being interested.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015

I think I would.
Hell yeah I would . I would like to see a line of Domi-KK-Anderson. Drouin is useless and a year more on his contract. Domi at least is fast/physical.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Hell yeah I would . I would like to see a line of Domi-KK-Anderson. Drouin is useless and a year more on his contract. Domi at least is fast/physical.

Domi is a mental midget and is just as likely to take an Andrew Shaw-level stupid penalty as he is doing anything productive...and I'd still rather him than Johnny Floaty...low bar...

Reactions: sandviper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad