Proposal: Trade Thread Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
16th overall will be at best a 2nd line player. Is Virtanen a second line player ?
Not at all. He's a third line player at best right now.

Also, I'd rather take my chance and make a draft pick. Here are the last 5 16 OA picks for your information:

2019 - Alex Newhook (16 OA)
2018 - Martin Kaut (16 OA)
2017 - Juuso Valimaki (16 OA)
2016 - Jakob Chychrun (16 OA)
2015 - Mathew Barzal (16 OA)

Also picked 16th overall since 2009 are: Tom Wilson, Nick Leddy, Vladimir Tarasenko. I agree, all of those are 2nd line players at best!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Ettedgui said on the radio that from what he hears, Habs have a deal in place with a Western Conference team for a RW that covers all the criteria we've been discussing for weeks, which is size and scoring.

Reactions: Frenchy and jaffy27

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

Ettedgui said on the radio that from what he hears, Habs have a deal in place with a Western Conference team for a RW that covers all the criteria we've been discussing for weeks, which is size and scoring.

Please be Boeser I hate how teams wait until their picks to announce trades involving said pick.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not at all. He's a third line player at best right now.

Also, I'd rather take my chance and make a draft pick. Here are the last 5 16 OA picks for your information:

2019 - Alex Newhook (16 OA)
2018 - Martin Kaut (16 OA)
2017 - Juuso Valimaki (16 OA)
2016 - Jakob Chychrun (16 OA)
2015 - Mathew Barzal (16 OA)

Also picked 16th overall since 2009 are: Tom Wilson, Nick Leddy, Vladimir Tarasenko. I agree, all of those are 2nd line players at best!
MB stated clearly yesterday he would only trade 16 OA for a big bodied scoring W with runway. Virtanen doesn’t qualify whatsoever..

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Why would Vancouver trade Boeser? I’m probably missing something here. If it’s for cap reason, isn’t there any better option for them?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Why would Vancouver trade Boeser? I’m probably missing something here. If it’s for cap reason, isn’t there any better option for them?
They need a highly viewed 1st to acquire OEL and offload cap space at the same time

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Well, I personally would love to see Anderson and Jenner on the Habs. Would make the Habs very difficult to play against and both have the capacity to pot ~20 goals. We haven't seen the Habs with an average - let alone above average - physical team in ages and bringing guys like this in could really play to the strengths of Julien's system.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Jenner-Kotkaniemi-Armia

Chiarot-Weber
Romanov-Petry
Edmundson-Fleury

I'd say that this move and the rest from this offseason change the identity of the team in a positive way.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I have a strange feeling, that it could be Tarasenko as his value is probably low and he has the shoulder problems. I’m hoping not. Because he didn’t look good in the playoffs. Hints at shoulder problems.

Size / scoring / cheaper cost / Russian player to help out Romanov. Supposedly what the rumor says it involves the size and scoring.

They are still looking to shed salary for Pietrangelo. Bergevin can kind of block a big signing like that to the leafs if the Blues lock him. Kind of a strategic move plus helping.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I have a strange feeling, that it could be Tarasenko as his value is probably low and he has the shoulder problems. I’m hoping not. Because he hasn’t looked the same as his earlier days in long while.
I hope not that's a huge risk with his shoulder surgery.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

They are going after Ekman-Larson, plus they could potentially re-sign Toffoli who played well there to fill in for Boeser.

Arizona is trying to clear salaries, so maybe we trade the 1st rounder plus for Boeser which they use to help get OEL.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Alex Tuch ? VGK want Pietrangelo and they need $$ ? I would be surprised if they move him but...

They need to shed salary but I just don’t see it. Reilly Smith is much more likely, but he isn’t worth a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad