Proposal: Trade Thread Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Keep those proposals coming. Somebody has to say yes eventually...
wedding_proposal_r.jpg

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
More Panarin too.

What has he done the couple last season?

Not much
While Danault plays on 1st line with Tatar and Gallagher.

Danault as a 1st liner had 53 points last season and 12 goals, this year 13 goals and 49 points....man y'all overvalue Danault like crazy.

Reactions: bsl and Ozmodiar

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Danault as a 1st liner had 53 points last season and 12 goals, this year 13 goals and 49 points....man y'all overvalue Danault like crazy.

You're overrating Strome, without Panarin he's a 30pts 3rd Line center.... Danault at least is one of the best defensive center in the NHL.

Reactions: Gains

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

You're really comparing Tatar and Gallagher to Panarin?

Strome played 66% on his minutes with Panarin.

Panarin got 95 pts and Strome 59 pts.

I would have probably got 50 points playing with him.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Kwikwi

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
You're overrating Strome, without Panarin he's a 30pts 3rd Line center.... Danault at least is one of the best defensive center in the NHL.
Danault without tatar, Gallagher and leading mins what is he? a 30 point 3rd line center?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Fortune favours the bold.
And, hopefully, the desperate. Bergevin may not admit to a window for his roster, but he probably realizes his own window is starting to shut. If he wants to achieve anything as GM, he'll have to pull himself away from the flea market of mid-tier players and sit down at the high stakes poker table.

That's where my mind is at too. I don't hate Killorn but once you make that trade, you are committed to him taking up a chunk of the cap. If you add Killorn... 1 or 2 of these gone... Domi, Byron, Tatar.
Which leaves us in the exact same spot, only with different names on the jerseys. Getting Killorn fresh from his Cup win is good marketing and might even improve the team by a meter. Problem is we're 10 meters from shore.

Reactions: blarneylad

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Habs fans: We need scoring!

Also Habs Fans: We need to keep Danault he is good defensively

Also Habs Fans: Trade Domi 1 of 4 Habs players to register 70 points in the last 20 years

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I'd like to see Danault does with Panarin too.

If that's what we wanna compare.

Danault > Strome

We can all agree on that minus 1 person probably.
I wonder how Strome would do with Gallagher and Tatar? I mean without Panarin we know that Strome is at least a 13 goal a year center if not more.

We also know that Danault has never scored more than 13 goals

Reactions: bsl

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm more than good in keeping Danault.

But Ryan Strome as a 3C isn't an option I'd be mad at. If he can be a 30+ point 3C, I'd say that's a good thing. If Danault plays 3C full time and not with the two top scoring wingers in Tatar and Gallagher, he'd also be a 30+ point 3C.

Some of the best teams in the league, their 3C's have been 30-point players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sterling Archer

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I'm more than good in keeping Danault.

But Ryan Strome as a 3C isn't an option I'd be mad at. If he can be a 30+ point 3C, I'd say that's a good thing. If Danault plays 3C full time and not with the two top scoring wingers in Tatar and Gallagher, he'd also be a 30+ point 3C.
I would actually prefer Danault as a 3rd liner as long as he knows that and Julien knows that. Strome is, despite what people on here would suggest probably without watching a single rags game, a much better offensive player. He has the instincts to compliment the cerebral game of a Panarin. Danault is a mucker hence why he found success with Gallagher on his line. They really weren't a pretty line to watch but more of your typical Habs lunchbox line (Lets face it we haven't seen gamebreaking skill on this roster since Kovalev)

Strome has a penchant for taking penalties which likely would put him on the 4th line with a coach like Julien.

I just don't see Danault fitting here well because it would mean him eating his pride. That coupled with a likely cold spell by one if not both of Suzuki and Kotkaniemi and Julien will quickly go back to what he knows.

Danault being moved actually in my opinion will in the long term benefit the team because 3rd line centers that score 30 points aren't worth 4+M that Danault likely finds himself getting after this year. He is a valuable trade asset now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad