Proposal: Trade Thread Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I would give a 2nd and a 4th pick for Killorn .. He would be a good addition to our lineup.
I had a similar offer along with the 1st + Juulsen for Rakell. Lineup would look like:

Killorn Suzuki Rakell
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Byron Evans Lehkonen
Weal

Which I don’t find bad at all. The best part about all the rumors so far today is the fact that Bergevin seems like whatever the deal he is addressing 1. size and 2. scoring if both together is a plus.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Maybe we send Byron to LA...
121019735_456401021981311_5242157733609481456_n.png
lol

What's that brand anyway??

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I like Killorn as well, Tampa is such a mess right now that I'd offer our last 2nd round pick + a bottom type prospect
They would probably make the deal
I agree but the mtl needs help for that .. if another teams take Johnson off there hands it makes it less appealing..

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I like Killorn as well, Tampa is such a mess right now that I'd offer our last 2nd round pick + a bottom type prospect
They would probably make the deal

I figured Killorn would've been moved already since he only as a M-NTC and his cap hit for the next 3 seasons is pretty reasonable. Although rumors are Tampa wants a 1st back for Johnson and Killorn so that's likely why neither has been moved yet. Please help us out of our desperate need to clear cap space but we want your 1st round pick for doing so. Yeah..

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I figured Killorn would've been moved already since he only as a M-NTC and his cap hit for the next 3 seasons is pretty reasonable. Although rumors are Tampa wants a 1st back for Johnson and Killorn so that's likely why neither has been moved yet. Please help us out of our desperate need to clear cap space but we want your 1st round pick for doing so. Yeah..

Exactly. And with what's going on with all the revenue loss, not many owners will allow their GM making this type of deal!!

Mr Fox

Hungry since '93
Aug 21, 2013
I worry that Rakell is declining.....he has been a 20g scorer (factoring in pace) or less the last two seasons.

I think if we are moving the 16th, we should make the package for Laine.....Danault + 16th + Juulsen/Brook/Fluery/Caufield* .....*ideally we keep caufield, but i'd do it to make it happen.

Then sign Janmark to 2 years -2.5M per

Domi to CLB for Anderson + (minor pick adjustment in our favour) - I realize this won't be popular.

Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Laine
Drouin - Suzuki - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Janmark - Anderson
Byron - Evans - Armia

I like the Laine deal even with Caufield included in it; although I'd prefer Laine to come back signed if we include Caufield.

I wouldn't go for Anderson in that case, and I don't think MB would dive head first with Suzuki and KK as 1 and 2 without a safety net (be it Domi or Danault).

If we do hit the homerun on Laine, I'd sign Simmonds and run with

Drouin - Suzuki - Laine
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Armia
Byron - Evans - Simmonds
Weal

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Mete
Kulak, Juulsen

Price
Allen

And people may disagree, but I find that lineup very enticing. While it is highly unlikely we land Laine, this year is the closest I feel we could be to that lineup. That excites me very much :D

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Exactly. And with what's going on with all the revenue loss, not many owners will allow their GM making this type of deal!!

I wonder if the lack of cap moving trades is because the few teams who have the cap and they money to take on such contracts are just waiting until teams get very desperate and waiting for prices go way down. The teams willing to take on these cap clearing contracts should be in the drivers seat here and should only do such a trade on their terms. Just sit and wait until the desperation sets in and the prices severely drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad