Proposal: Trade Thread Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Tampa would have to add something pretty good for a team to take Johnson.

5'8, 30 years old, coming off a 31 pt regular season and did nothing in the playoffs with just 7 pts.
He's signed for 4 more years at 5 M, and has a full nmc

Last edited:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Tampa would have to add something pretty good for a team to take Johnson.

5'8, 30 years old, coming off a 31 pt regular season and did nothing in the playoffs with just 7 pts.
He's signed for 4 more years at 5 M

Personally right now, I wouldn`t be shocked if he would clear waivers!!

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
My guess is that they will trade Johnson + sergachev for a 1st and b stuff

like to devils

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My guess is that they will trade Johnson + sergachev for a 1st and b stuff

like to devils

I think teams like Tampa will retain their young potential stars like Sergachev.

But, we may see some players making mistakes giving up lesser known players and picks in exchange for other teams taking on their big veteran contracts like Tyler Johnson. I suspect there will be mistakes made by teams similar to the ones made by teams dealing with Vegas during the expansion draft.

I'm a little worried we spend too much cap space on Edmundson and the backup goalie and will no longer have the cap space to take advantage of the situation.

Reactions: Gains

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Honestly I don’t see how Tampa can afford Sergachev down the road with Point asking $10 mil.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

hopefully TB doesn’t get off easy and teams don’t just take on these contracts without incentive.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

hopefully TB doesn’t get off easy and teams don’t just take on these contracts without incentive.

Look at what Bergevin did. Many thought STL would have to add something decent like a good pick or some even thought they’d have to add Dunn just to get rid of Allen. In came Bergevin ready to help and also gave away a f***ing pick to get Allen.

Get ready for Bergevin to help Tampa as well. You know it’s going to happen. And it won’t be for one of their good players, other than Killorn who’s on the wrong side of 30 and about to decline, and the same dumbass who thanked the Florida Governor for opening bars... Great leadership!

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Look at what Bergevin did. Many thought STL would have to add something decent like a good pick or some even thought they’d have to add Dunn just to get rid of Allen. In came Bergevin ready to help and also gave away a f***ing pick to get Allen.

Get ready for Bergevin to help Tampa as well. You know it’s going to happen. And it won’t be for one of their good players, other than Killorn who’s on the wrong side of 30 and about to decline.
You need to relax the pick was what? a 3rd? we have 23 picks in the next two drafts. Allen was a need we have needed a back up since Halak left so chill out with Price having less games to play he should be winning us more games and with Allen as a back up we should be winning more games also as Allen is a borderline starting goalie.

This also doesn't include the fact that next schedule will be heavily condensed so a lot more back to back games will be happening.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
You need to relax the pick was what? a 3rd? we have 23 picks in the next two drafts. Allen was a need we have needed a back up since Halak left so chill out with Price having less games to play he should be winning us more games and with Allen as a back up we should be winning more games also as Allen is a borderline starting goalie.
That’s not the point. Everyone thought STL would have to package Allen with a good pick or a solid prospect/player like Dunn. Instead Bergevin was the one giving. STL was in a pickle - a good GM could have taken advantage of the situation STL was in, but Bergevin didn’t. And his legion of fans (like you) are ready to defend his every move. I can’t wait to see how you congratulate him on acquiring Killorn for our 1st round pick, because “relax we have 22 picks in the next two drafts”.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Honestly I don’t see how Tampa can afford Sergachev down the road with Point asking $10 mil.

Well they're keeping Vasilevsky, Hedman, Point, and Kucherov. After those 4, Sergachev may be next on the pecking order. They'd use assets to move veterans out over giving up Sergachev, imo.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
That’s not the point. Everyone thought STL would have to package Allen with a good pick or a solid prospect/player like Dunn. Instead Bergevin was the one giving. STL was in a pickle - a good GM could have taken advantage of the situation STL was in, but Bergevin didn’t. And his legion of fans (like you) are ready to defend his every move. I can’t wait to see how you congratulate him on acquiring Killorn for our 1st round pick, because “relax we have 22 picks in the next two drafts”.
Only 1 year left for Allen and he had a big year. I don’t mind it.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Get ready for Bergevin to help Tampa as well. You know it’s going to happen. And it won’t be for one of their good players, other than Killorn who’s on the wrong side of 30 and about to decline, and the same dumbass who thanked the Florida Governor for opening bars... Great leadership!
STL has over $5M in cap space for 22-man roster, should Pietrangelo sign they can easily waive Binnington (last year of deal) for $4M cap space (they’ve got a young prospect they’re high on), and trade Perron for additional $ (last year of deal). No way are they giving up Dunn.

TBay is royally screwed because their players are on long term deals most with NMC and they need to clear upwards of $12M just to make the cap ceiling. Not at all comparable situations.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Legion of MB fans? sorry look through my history and you can see I am far from a MB fan but I actually think with my brain instead of going off every post(like you). Not sure why fans(like you) think every trade needs to have one loser and one winner but it doesn't work that way.

Every post I have seen from you is just angry. I think you need time away from this message board because in the end hockey is for entertainment and if you are actually getting angry in real life you need to take a break my dude and I aint saying this as a demeaning thing either it is just something I have noticed since the Habs have been knocked off and maybe even longer from you. You sir are a very angry person and get very upset over the Habs which is fine but it seems every post you have posted has some sort of jab towards either MB or one of the Habs players.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Exactly. Stl was in cap hell . Look how many goalies are ufa this season and how many more of them are on the T.B we just took the first quickly and called it a day. Stuppid move for a 1 year also

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad