Proposal: Trade Thread Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Exactly. Stl was in cap hell . Look how many goalies are ufa this season and how many more of them are on the T.B we just took the first quickly and called it a day. Stuppid move for a 1 year also
I think it was a good move like I said above we had plenty of picks and that pick we lost doesn't hurt us and in my opinion Allen was the best goalie to get that had one year left on his contract. I also think if Allen wasn't traded to the Habs he would have been traded to another team easily off the top of my head the two teams that stick out are the Oilers and the Flames they both need an actual starter and would have easily given a pick to get him.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not saying he is as good as McD I'm saying top line centers are damn near impossible to come by (when was last time Habs actually had one?) and he is projecting to be one - a 200 ft top line one. That is too valuable to trade unless it is a knock your socks off offer, and Hubby dooby doo doesn't knock my socks off, although I'd happily take him for the right price.
Then keep Suzuki if you think he's pretty much on his way to becoming a legit top line center, you can move KK.
Huberdeau has hit 90+ paces the last two seasons, you're not exactly getting a slob in return.

Btw, every other team in the NHL has managed to get a center since we last had one. Many teams has had multiple ones actually. The struggle is really only for us. So, two ways you can look at this:
1- We finally got one on our hands.
2- Given our track record, Suzuki/KK will likely not become top centers.

As I said though, if you move one, you get a 27yo winger who's scored 92pts two seasons ago and was going to do it again if it weren't for COVID. So ya, it's definitely something to consider.
If you want to be competitive right away, it's not exactly a bad move.

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I think it was a good move like I said above we had plenty of picks and that pick we lost doesn't hurt us and in my opinion Allen was the best goalie to get that had one year left on his contract. I also think if Allen wasn't traded to the Habs he would have been traded to another team easily.
Its not the god damn value the problem. People dont get that or what. Stl had no cap space for Pietrangelo and we just gave them a 3rd pick for him. They were gonna throw him away for nothing. We should have used this for leverage.

Allen was also playing on a good team. Don't expect those numbers in Montreal. Saying he was the best one to get is more than a coin flip

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Legion of MB fans? sorry look through my history and you can see I am far from a MB fan but I actually think with my brain instead of going off every post(like you). Not sure why fans(like you) think every trade needs to have one loser and one winner but it doesn't work that way.

Every post I have seen from you is just angry. I think you need time away from this message board because in the end hockey is for entertainment and if you are actually getting angry in real life you need to take a break my dude and I aint saying this as a demeaning thing either it is just something I have noticed since the Habs have been knocked off and maybe even longer from you. You sir are a very angry person and get very upset over the Habs which is fine but it seems every post you have posted has some sort of jab towards either MB or one of the Habs players.
Not at all. For one, I’m one of the ones who likes Domi and wants him to stay. I also still haven’t given up on Poehling yet (you can see through my post history).

And I’m not angry. I’m just frustrated. I’m frustrated this team has no direction. It keeps going in circles trying to patch things when we should simply look at the bigger picture.

Bergevin had the opportunity this year to take FULL advantage of everyone’s cap misery. Instead, he patched it with signing yet another bottom pairing D, an expensive backup goalie (we have 15m tired to our goaltending). If this doesn’t upset you, then good for you, enjoy us staying in no man’s land... I don’t know what else to say.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Not at all. For one, I’m one of the ones who likes Domi and wants him to stay. I also still haven’t given up on Poehling yet (you can see through my post history).

And I’m not angry. I’m just frustrated. I’m frustrated this team has no direction. It keeps going in circles trying to patch things when we should simply look at the bigger picture. Bergevin had the opportunity this year to take FULL advantage of everyone’s cap misery. Instead, he patched it with signing yet another bottom pairing D, an expensive backup goalie (we have 15m tired to our goaltending). If this doesn’t upset you, then good for you, enjoy us staying in no man’s land... I don’t know what else to say.
I will give you the Edmundson signing I hated it too as I personally wanted him to get OEL but it seems OEL wants only Boston or the Canucks so that kills what I want. It is okay to be frustrated I think the Hab fan base on here know how frustrated you are. You remind us almost every post you make :laugh:.
Also chill until the actual off season is done and we are starting training camp there is still TONS of time for things to happen if they don't happen then have at it cause I will be right along side you my dude :thumbu:

Reactions: Vachon23

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Its not the god damn value the problem. People dont get that or what. Stl had no cap space for Pietrangelo and we just gave them a 3rd pick for him. They were gonna throw him away for nothing. We should have used this for leverage.

Allen was also playing on a good team. Don't expect those numbers in Montreal. Saying he was the best one to get is more than a coin flip
How do you know other teams weren't in on him? How do you know if another team was giving a 4th and MB said I will give you a 3rd take it now or I wont trade for Allen? we don't know anything behind the scenes. You all think the Blues only had us calling talking about Allen? I bet you every team that needed an upgrade in goal had called the Blues and we offered a higher pick then all of them. Again I may be wrong also. Also how do you know the Blues were going to give him away for nothing? I think its more likely that there were a bunch of teams that called and we won the bid.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
How do you know other teams weren't in on him? How do you know if another team was giving a 4th and MB said I will give you a 3rd take it now or I wont trade for Allen? we don't know anything behind the scenes. You all think the Blues only had us calling talking about Allen? I bet you every team that needed an upgrade in goal had called the Blues and we offered a higher pick then all of them. Again I may be wrong also. Also how do you know the Blues were going to give him away for nothing? I think its more likely that there were a bunch of teams that called and we won the bid.
If the bid war was only a 3rd pick then the bid was awful. Im sorry to say that. He still helped a team in need for who knows maybe a 41 games season. Then we start over again... I feel like he went all in on this instead of waiting. He wasted 8m quickly to fill secondary roles. He's not using his money properly. Tons of team are in cap hell right now and trying to find a way to spend less money. While we unload
4.5m into a backup and 3.5m for a 5th dman.

Like why

EDIT : Im seriously trying to figure out what's the f***ing plan

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
If the bid war was only a 3rd pick then the bid was awful. Im sorry to say that. He still helped a team in need for who knows maybe a 41 games season. Then we start over again... I feel like he went all in on this instead of waiting. He wasted 8m quickly to fill secondary roles. He's not using his money properly
Allen was a need we badly needed a back up goalie. Edmundson I have said all along was a bad move as we could have targeted a better LHD for sure. Also am I missing something? was the schedule released already and we know the max games being played next season? If next season is 41 games then you know what that means? we have the best goal tandem in the NHL because that means a HEAVY amount of back to back games. We cannot continue to play Price 50+ games anymore the guy isn't young anymore and needs to stay below 50 games played its that simple. I think this is a agree to disagree discussion so I will leave it at that.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Progression and development of players is not a perfect science, I don't have a crystal ball, I can't sit here and say they're gonna become 90 pts player. But from what I've seen, I'm willing to take the gamble that they're going to be impact players. I've never said I didn't care, I don't know how you came to that understanding from what I've said. I think I've made it pretty clear as to why I would rather keep 2 centers than have a winger+center combo.
Yes, you rather keep 2 centers because they're harder to find and more valuable. Nobody is arguing against that.
The little issue though is Suzuki/KK are young, still unknown with the most points being Suzuki's 41pts this year. So we're not just talking about generalities here, otherwise I agree, you always keep the centers.
But here we are dealing with unknowns vs a known. We know Huberdeau can produce at a very high end level. KK/Suzuki are not there, we can't even say that they'll ever reach that high either.
That is worth considering.

And I might have came off as criticizing but it's just hard to comprehend why after years of looking for centers, we would trade one of them for a winger. That's cutting our odds in half for finally getting that #1 guy. I rather have two shots than put all my eggs in one basket. And for Huberdeau to be that 90 point guy here, he's going to need a center of Barkov's caliber. Are you 100% sure either one KK or Suzuki will be on that level? Which one would you trade? What if you trade the wrong one and now have to watch him flourish playing for a divisional rival? Trading for Huberdeau is tasking a risk also, not as much of a sure thing as you may think.
Every trade is a risk, so that's not much of an argument.
Btw, it's not even just Suzuki/KK....Domi managed to score 72pts with average-at-best wingers two seasons ago but for some reason we moved him on the wing and down the line up this season.
You move KK for Huberdeau as an example, you put Domi back as a top 2 center, and you have Suzuki keep developing on the same track.
If that works, you have two top 2 centers again, and you got yourself a high end 90 pt winger as well.

Anyways we're not getting Huberdeau so it's a bit pointless. I respect either decision of doing a trade or not. My issue was you dumping on people who would. I don't think that was a fair. There's nothing irrational about doing this.

Reactions: FLHabs

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Allen was a need we badly needed a back up goalie. Edmundson I have said all along was a bad move as we could have targeted a better LHD for sure. Also am I missing something? was the schedule released already and we know the max games being played next season? If next season is 41 games then you know what that means? we have the best goal tandem in the NHL because that means a HEAVY amount of back to back games. We cannot continue to play Price 50+ games anymore the guy isn't young anymore and needs to stay below 50 games played its that simple. I think this is a agree to disagree discussion so I will leave it at that.
Schedule was not released yet but still , it could heavily be a possibility because the nhl wants to start in December and have the expansion season start in October.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
If the bid war was only a 3rd pick then the bid was awful. Im sorry to say that. He still helped a team in need for who knows maybe a 41 games season. Then we start over again... I feel like he went all in on this instead of waiting. He wasted 8m quickly to fill secondary roles. He's not using his money properly. Tons of team are in cap hell right now and trying to find a way to spend less money. While we unload
4.5m into a backup and 3.5m for a 5th dman.

Like why

EDIT : Im seriously trying to figure out what's the f***ing plan
I think the idea is that they get a really good back up for 1 year in a time that they have cap to burn. If they looked at FA goalies, all the good ones want term. They have Primeau in the wings waiting and loads of picks so why not get a really good goalie for 1 year for a whatever pick.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I think the idea is that they get a really good back up for 1 year in a time that they have cap to burn. If they looked at FA goalies, all the good ones want term. They have Primeau in the wings waiting and loads of picks so why not get a really good goalie for 1 year for a whatever pick.
I still think we could have someone with decent stats for a 2 year 2.5m~ type of contract. I feel like we are missing the boat for some players available right now but now we are a bit in cap situation

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Many thought STL would have to add something decent like a good pick or some even thought they’d have to add Dunn just to get rid of Allen.
Why the f*** would St.Louis add Dunn to get rid of Allen? You are being delusional. I think Dunn could have been had with Allen, but we would have still had to give up a very good asset to them.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
lol this whole lets leverage a cap strappee team to give us a top player is only a figment of some peoples imagination here.

You wanna get a pick or a project player ala Armia, than yes. Someone will give that to you to take on a bad contract or what not. No one is giving you a top 6 forward or top 4 dman to do that.

Have a hot chocolate or tea and calm down folks. That kind of crazy thinking lands you in the coo coo house.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
That’s not the point. Everyone thought STL would have to package Allen with a good pick or a solid prospect/player like Dunn. Instead Bergevin was the one giving. STL was in a pickle - a good GM could have taken advantage of the situation STL was in, but Bergevin didn’t. And his legion of fans (like you) are ready to defend his every move. I can’t wait to see how you congratulate him on acquiring Killorn for our 1st round pick, because “relax we have 22 picks in the next two drafts”.
Everyone were wrong. As fans, we often speculate on a player’s value in reality trade aren’t done on HF Board. There was a market for Allen. Obviously you would prefer Allen at 2 millions but that is exactly why STL basically got nothing for him.

last year marleau was given for a 1st, i get that. But those case are rare. Marc Staal who is barely an NHLer anymore and higher salary than Allen only returned a 2nd pick.

getting Dunn for taking Allen was a pipe dream IMHO.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Get rid of Edmundson and Chiarot. They’re useless plugs. We can get something for both too, so that’s great!

Sergachev - Weber
Romanov - Petry
Mete - Kulak?

Dunno who cares, this D Corp looks 100000x better with Sergachev in.
Useless plugs???

Then you insert Kulak and Mete who are the grime and hairs you find in the drain behind the plug....:laugh:

you make no f***in sense

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Killorn for a 2nd and a 3rd?

A 3rd....Lightning are the ones in a cap crunch, not us.

When we try to make trade proposals for size posters say we gonna get hosed as GM’s see us coming from a mile away.....

Well, that philosophy stands for other teams too, not just us.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
A 3rd....Lightning are the ones in a cap crunch, not us.

When we try to make trade proposals for size posters say we gonna get hosed as GM’s see us coming from a mile away.....

Well, that philosophy stands for other teams too, not just us.

Despite the fact that Tampa is in a crap crunch, Killorn still holds a decent amount of value and will have several teams interested.
He's coming off a 26 goal season and was on pace for 59 pts.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Despite the fact that Tampa is in a crap crunch, Killorn still holds a decent amount of value and will have several teams interested.
He's coming off a 26 goal season and was on pace for 59 pts.
Minus Killhorn will have is NMC 16 teams October 9th. Also hes playing on a stacked ass team offensively. No way Killhorn get 50 points in a mid bottom tier team. I love him but i dont think he would be the player we need right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->