Proposal: Trade Thread Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

drivefor25

Jan 10, 2009
Why don't the Habs use their supposed financial muscle to buy cap space - similar to what the Leafs did when they traded for Nathan Horton and David Clarkson? When spending close to the cap ($ 81.5M), a player on LTIR can be used to provide space on the salary cap. A smart move would be to give up one of our lower end (3rd / 4th) draft choices, we have a ton, and trade for a guy like Ryan Kessler in Anaheim who is on LTIR for the next two seasons but could offset our cap by $ 6.9M per season for the next two seasons? This kind of money could help land a top line scorer and even offset some of the $ 3.5M we're wasting for having Karl Azner play in the minors. You can be sure Dubas and Brisebois are calling Anaheim for this type of deal that could really help them dealing with the cap hell they are in. We are in as good as a position to do the same but does our GM think out of the box that way?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Saad and Killorn??

some salary would have to go back on 1 of these trade to make it work, even if Domi is traded for a pick at the draft.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Killorn good player
I’d love to have him and have been saying so for months now. Adding him to the left side means having to move a LWer and hopefully we can add a big scoring right winger to round off the lineup. Plenty of assets to do it with Domi as the Center piece.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I really really actually love this idea....

3-way trade may be the way to get Laine because like you laid out .... MIN can offer up Dumba to get the Jets Happy . So In Essence Win gets Dumba , We get Laine and Min would need to get something

I like the offer you put down .

I personally have Domi , our 1st and Caufield available as trade chips . I think Caufield is probably a few years away and if we can get a 22year old Laine for a deal including Caufield ... I PERSONALLY (may not be a popular opinion lol) do it

But I really like this 3 way trade idea ! :nod::nod::nod::nod:

It's probably the only way we would be able to get Laine without using Suzuki, KK, or Romanov

Reactions: DXStriker

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Brisebois stated he's looking to re-sign all his RFAs.

Choice #1 yes. But none of us know who's going to waive their NTC's.

I wonder... GM's who have RFA assets to spare and in cap hell... Are they going to be aggressive before free agency to avoid potential offer sheets? I expect those GM's to make moves on draft day

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I’d love to have him and have been saying so for months now. Adding him to the left side means having to move a LWer and hopefully we can add a big scoring right winger to round off the lineup. Plenty of assets to do it with Domi as the Center piece.
As long as the price of acquiring him is cheap. He is on the wrong side of 30 and is a one time 20 goal guy.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
As long as the price of acquiring him is cheap. He is on the wrong side of 30 and is a one time 20 goal guy.
Agreed. He’s a big cap hit and absolutely not worth a 1st, especially in this climate. I’d think a 2nd and 3rd or something like that makes sense. Close to the Price we paid and got for Shaw. 2nd and a 3rd or close to it would be my guess.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

My answer to BriseBois would be to wait till Wednesday after the 1st round. Habs should not consider adding Killorn as their best option at this stage. I like Killorn but I'd wait for the shit show of GM's scrambling before I help out BriseBois before the 1st round

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The longer this goes, the more I feel those GM's in cap hell are going to scramble and get aggressive. Does not appear that too many GM's with cap space are willing to help unless they get incentive. Otherwise, I think we would have seen more moves this past weekend

Draft going to be very interesting tomorrow cause I think the general theme with GM conversations is to wait till draft day. All kinds of seeds planted on potential deals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Killorn is in, well we need to send a player because we dont have the cap space. (If we keep Domi)

Only way that would work (like it or not) would be if we moved Byron in a separate deal. And it might mean Tatar does not get an extension after next season. Unless Domi is traded for futures as well. That changes things

Could be this type of narrative...

1) There is a potential deal in place for Killorn but Bergevin said he has to wait for other deals to happen first. Tells Tampa that they can talk again if other moves come through

2) Bergevin might have a deal in place with the Sabres... Domi for 8th OA. So he would have to wait to see if the Sabres want to make that move when they pick?

Something along those lines. I bet you there are tons of potential moves like that with GM chatter

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If Killorn is in, well we need to send a player because we dont have the cap space. (If we keep Domi)

Killorn, a 6'1, middle-six winger, has a 'cap hit is 4.45 million for the next three years. He just turned 31. Abd Tampa Bay is in cap hell.

If I'm Bergevin, I offer something like Jordan Weal for Killorn and a 3rd.

Reactions: blarneylad

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Killorn, a 6'1, middle-six winger, has a 'cap hit is 4.45 million for the next three years. He just turned 31. Abd Tampa Bay is in cap hell.

If I'm Bergevin, I offer something like Jordan Weal for Killorn and a 3rd.

Think Tampa is looking to move guys and not take any contracts back. I think they need to clear at least $6M-$8M or more. Some say $10M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad