Proposal: Trade Thread Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
"Ilya Kovalchuk a reçu une offre contractuelle de la direction du CH. Il devra décider s’il accepte cette proposition d’un an, qu’on évalue à environ 3,5 M$ US. Bien entendu, il pourrait la refuser, puis vérifier sa valeur sur le marché."- Martin McGuire

Before trading Kovy, he was propose a 3.5 x 1 deal

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
I like that Granlund is a RH shot, but I don't see how adding a diminutive forward that hasn't put much points on the board the last 2 years would help?

We need better forwards for Suzuki.
I see Granlund playing with KK and Drouin/Domi

Tatar Danult Gallagher
Drouin/Domi Suzuki Armia
Drouin/Domi KK Granlund
Lehkonen Evans Byron

it's not amazing but it's decent, with a good defensive system and not too many injuries that should be enough to make the playoffs quite easily.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I see Granlund playing with KK and Drouin/Domi

Tatar Danult Gallagher
Drouin/Domi Suzuki Armia
Drouin/Domi KK Granlund
Lehkonen Evans Byron

it's not amazing but it's decent, with a good defensive system and not too many injuries that should be enough to make the playoffs quite easily.
Again!
Just making the playoffs.
How about we build a team that will be strong for years to come?
We finished 24th this year, missed the playoffs 4 times in the last 5 seasons.
I feel sorry for the center that will have to play with Granlund and Drouin. Granlund is yet, another small forward. We only have 1 forward that is taller than 6'2" and over 210 pounds and it's Armia.
That's just not good enough.

Locks

May 28, 2005
I think Tampa will try trading Johnson or Gourde before Killorn.
Good luck with that. Gourde is already 3C and Johnson should be one based on his production and being a shadow of his former self. Each makes 5M with years left on their contracts. Not a lot interest for 5-8/5-9 third liners making 5M. Two poor signings.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
"Ilya Kovalchuk a reçu une offre contractuelle de la direction du CH. Il devra décider s’il accepte cette proposition d’un an, qu’on évalue à environ 3,5 M$ US. Bien entendu, il pourrait la refuser, puis vérifier sa valeur sur le marché."- Martin McGuire

Before trading Kovy, he was propose a 3.5 x 1 deal
3.5m for a washed up player?

ahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahah

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Again!
Just making the playoffs.
How about we build a team that will be strong for years to come?
We finished 24th this year, missed the playoffs 4 times in the last 5 seasons.
I feel sorry for the center that will have to play with Granlund and Drouin. Granlund is yet, another small forward. We only have 1 forward that is taller than 6'2" and over 210 pounds and it's Armia.
That's just not good enough.

I agree that adding Granlund to a top 9 with Drouin, Tatar, Gallagher & Lekhonen, would not be ideal...

And, adding him would significantly up the skill level of our forward group...

So imo, you focus on moving 1-2 of Drouin/Tatar, along with Domi (or Danault), to get the top 6 physical winger we need, and then add Granlund "for free"...

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Good luck with that. Gourde is already 3C and Johnson should be one based on his production and being a shadow of his former self. Each makes 5M with years left on their contracts. Not a lot interest for 5-8/5-9 third liners making 5M. Two poor signings.
Tampa Bay will make it happen and it might not be cheap. Gourde is playing 3 C because Stamkos is injured. If I am The Bolts, I keep Killorn.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I like that Granlund is a RH shot, but I don't see how adding a diminutive forward that hasn't put much points on the board the last 2 years would help?

We need better forwards for Suzuki.

I have no idea what trade market would be like but if we got Granlund I would just trade Domi. They are similarly talented players albeit with different styles.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018

I would be thrilled to have Gourde as our number 3 center. The contract is exactly what i'm willing to pay Danault but he won't take it. The kid is a gamer and I really love what he can bring to the game. He's a younger, grittier Gallagher clone with more speed/hands and a 60 point season under the belt. TB cap crunch insure the price wouldn't be high.... Byron would probably do it. Then we trade Domi and Danault at max value for wing help.

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
That's your view...

Seider has a bit more offensive upside but they're both steady reliable defensemen who you can count on when it matters most.

I agree with you i cheked Seider and its the same skating ability, the same poise on defense. with him its defense first, and the points will stack up like ryan murray. Seider and romanov should have the same ceiling i think 40 points steady defensemen.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
In his segment on TSN690 in the morning, Dan Robertson gave the guys a few targets he feels would be good acquisitions for the Habs. He didn't make a trade scenario, but more players he think would be good targets.

- David Perron
- Jaden Schwartz
- Rickard Rackell
- Reilly Smith

and in the outrageous category, as he put it, William Nylander.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Too bad Habs wasted their cap space on Edmundson already, would for Montreal to acquire OEL.

too bad we still have the require pick and asset to make a big move instead of wasting it on a monster caphot lile OEL

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
In his segment on TSN690 in the morning, Dan Robertson gave the guys a few targets he feels would be good acquisitions for the Habs. He didn't make a trade scenario, but more players he think would be good targets.

- David Perron
- Jaden Schwartz
- Rickard Rackell
- Reilly Smith

Always really like Schwartz but I'm not sure if he is what we need

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There is no such thing as a 50 point 3rd line center.

You are thinking top heavy teams. Look at the Islanders. Barzal, Nelson, Pageau. Pageau got 40 pts in 60 games with 24 goals. You think they are paying him $5M to not put up 50 pts next year? Some teams roll the lines more than others so don't overlook that. I would steer clear of trying to say you know more than Lou as a NHL GM

3rd line don't exist on the Habs IMO. We are not top heavy and we don't appear to be tracking to be that type of team. So rolling three 2nd lines is where it's at. Too many of our fans don't understand that

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
'Cause we have Suzuki and KK. How long do you want one of them to play third fiddle? And how long are you going to pay Danault 2nd line money? And Danault specifically mentioned Tatar and Gallagher as linemates. Is it a coincidence they're the top two wingers on the team?

That's a non-answer.

Your original question(s) was would Danault be satisfied with top line money but a third line role and can the Habs afford that? Why isn't the question will Danault be satisfied with 2nd line money and could the Habs afford that?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nothing wrong with Granlund as a player, but man another undersized playmaker? We should be looking to change the dynamic of the team, not adding more of the same type.

Agreed. Not the type of target we should be spending our cap space on. Rather stay where we are and wait if Granlund is the winger solution option.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Too bad Habs wasted their cap space on Edmundson already, would for Montreal to acquire OEL.

I wouldn't say it's wasted cap space, but at the same time Bergevin can't just stand there and do nothing as usual in terms of bringing in that much needed forward.
Allen was great, Edmundson will no doubt help as well but it's time to move some players and be more aggresive, even Alzner contract if there is a taker by sweetening the trade with a pick..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

- David Perron
- Jaden Schwartz
- Rickard Rackell
- Reilly Smith

I talked to some Ducks fans and they said if Drysdale is taken before 6th... they would be open to 16th and Brook for Rakell? How do you feel about that? I rather do 16th and the Blues 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad